Match Day 4

Started by J-Reedy, February 18, 2021, 07:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

These are the contestants:
1. J-Reedy - Holmby Hills Ratty Pack (Skaven)
2. Kvasilad - The Bloody Sharpies (Dark Elf)
3. Gnaarkill - Warpstoned Maniaks (Underworld)
4. Vorcha - Gronks to Nufle (Nurgle)
5. Lars - Homie Herbarium (Necro)
6. Polly71 - Klovner i Kamp NUL (Dwarf)
7. Mr. B - Order of the Crow (Human)
8. Saitani - Fumbling Fumblers (High Elves)
9. Hakos - Digging HBTQs (Dwarves)
10. WiGdoor - Fragile Frogs (Lizardmen)

J-Reedy

I'm heading on to confirm round 3, so match day 4 will soon be playable. Therefore: Play on, mates!

WiGdoor, time for us to meet for the first time. I'm still on the docks as to running, so I have plenty of time. Here are my OK CET starting times for the week:
- Tuesday-Wednesday 18-21
- Thursday 17-19
- Friday 18-late
- Satuday practically any time
- Sunday any time before 18

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir!

WiGdoor

Aw ye! I can any of those times, Tuesday through Thursday.
So... Tuesday on 18; it's awn!

J-Reedy

Quote from: WiGdoor on March 14, 2021, 10:11:41 PM
Aw ye! I can any of those times, Tuesday through Thursday.
So... Tuesday on 18; it's awn!

All righty, see you tomorrow!

Gnaarkill

Polly!

Good times for you my friend. This week you have the fortunate joy of being the chosen one to punch the hell out of a stoned goblin and/or skaven of your choice!
Great times indeed... *mumbling* Fuckin' chumps...

Aaaanyways, and no, I am not gumpy, no.

May I suggest the exquisite time of 20.00 tomorrow (tuesday), hmm? ;)

/Gnaarkill

Mr B

Hello Hakos.
Time to polish the wheelchair again.
I guess the pain Gnaarkill is looking for is coming now.
How about a Thursday 21 game?
Br
B

Vorcha

@Kvasilad ok when do you want to play our match ?

tags

Quote from: Vorcha on March 15, 2021, 11:53:23 PM
@Kvasilad ok when do you want to play our match ?

Pretty much any weekday evening should work for me these days.

J-Reedy

A STAR IS BORN!

Today marked the day of a new star player. That player being Cage Master Sid the 3rd, who became one of the few Rat Ogre players to actually score a touchdown. This miraculous achievement was helped by the fact that some unfortunate Skink players from the Fragile Frogs whom the Holmby Hills Ratty Pack were playing against tried to hinder Sid's movement towards the goal after a pass intented for a Gutter Runner ended up in Sid's hands. Thus Sid had targets in his eyes for whole of the drive and he actually succeeded in scoring the Holmby Hills go-ahead TD after three blitzes. During his drive Sid actually also managed to injure a Skink. Marvelous achievement indeed when compared to Sid's first outing where he mainly roared wildly.

After the TD the game continued in a basking sunshine which made the match particularly hard for the cold-blooded Lizardmen players. Distracted by the sun the Lizarmend players were also surprised by a Perfect Defence and soon the Skaven had the ball again and scored their second touchdown, followed by a third. Fragile Frogs were given no chance even by Nuffle, as there were numerous occasions where the god of fortunes clearly intervened. The Frogs however managed to score their debut TD on a drive where both teams started with 7 players, rest of the teams either basking in the sun in the dugouts either exhausted from the heat or KO'd by the opponent.

This was a Nuffling to the extreme. WiGdoor got a total of 1 reroll from the Halfling Master Chef, there were numerous snake-eye dodges and Kroxigor boneheads. This combined with the skills advantage of experienced team against rookie, there wasn't much for WigD to do. Thanks again for the game man, and for keeping your cool with those dice. Better luck in the future!

Saitani

EXTRA EXTRA Breaking news Elf Coach does elf Bullshit and wins.
unlucky start for the Herb eaters meant that a failed pick up bounced the ball out of the field  and the helpfull crowd threw it into the hands of a elf that handed it of to the thrower that passed it to my catcher that stalled it in the oponents backfield and scored on t3 . Then a  helpfull fireball from the sky broke the cage and let the elfs steal the ball for a second time making the result 2-0 to the fumblers in the herbariums drive. but it was at this the bashing skills started to thin the elfs out making the gains for the fumblers less certain than expected. after a failed pass the score is 2-1 and the elfs neede to play risky and started giving up surf opertunities and free blocks to get that 3-1 lead. a riot gave them the herbsniffers one more chance to get some spp but as we all know the t16 gfi to the endzone is the hardest roll in the game and this time it was proven again. GG Lazer

Gnaarkill

Seeing Fragile Frogs being relentlessly pounded match after match I just can't manage myself to complain!
Shieee, -14 luck, those are some ugly numbers...
You are fighting valiantly WiGdoor! 8)

Anyways, the match between the stoners and the norwegian dwarves ended as expected. A comfortable win for the funny speaking dwarves!
Stoners saw their only chance of winning this match by hiring the amateur wizard, Bomber Dribblesnot. And indeed, Dribblesnot showed why he is the highest ranked amateur in the scholar league of Blood Bowl. Managing to throw 3, yes THREE, interceptions and maiming one of the stoners most valued player, Reggie. Forcing the poor bastard to retire for good after a smashed ankle. At least the little bugger can finally chill out and smoke pot in peace, watching his team from the stands from now on. You had a good career my little friend!

Polly played patiently and had control all through the match, GG!

/Gnaarkill

Vorcha

@tags thurday then ? you set the time.

tags

Quote from: Vorcha on March 16, 2021, 11:29:08 PM
@tags thurday then ? you set the time.
Ok, let's say Thursday at 19:00!

Vorcha

tags

Quote from: Vorcha on March 16, 2021, 11:32:26 PM
gmt or eu time ?

The standard timezone used here is CET, which is GMT+1 during winter and GMT+2 during summer.

So 1900 CET (GMT/UTC+1 currently)  aka 1800 GMT