Match Day 2

Started by J-Reedy, February 18, 2021, 07:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polly71

@HAKOS we can try tomorrow any time fits for me. not to early :-)

hakos

Quote from: Polly71 on February 27, 2021, 01:45:56 PM
@HAKOS we can try tomorrow any time fits for me. not to early :-)

Great, how about a start at 15:00?

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 24, 2021, 08:49:21 AM
Gnaar-man! Let's see if we can find a time for our teams to clash together. Right now, timing is pretty easy for me:
- Thursday-Friday any time after 18
- Saturday-Sunday practically any time
- Tuesday-Thursday any time after 18

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir.

Sorry for the late reply J-R!

If you see this in time. Maybe tomorrow (sunday) @19 would be an option?
Otherwise tuesday @20 or wednesday @20 is good for me :)

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

Quote from: Gnaarkill on February 27, 2021, 08:02:07 PM
If you see this in time. Maybe tomorrow (sunday) @19 would be an option?
Otherwise tuesday @20 or wednesday @20 is good for me :)

/Gnaar

Sunday at 19 it is then!

Gnaarkill

hakos

Ok, Polly, let's see if we can decide a match time more precisely.

For the coming week I can play in the evenings (monday, tuesday, thursday) with a starting time sometime between 18:30-20:30

Can you please reply with which day and exact starting time that suits you?

If none of those times suit you we will have to look into next weekend.

/hakos

J-Reedy

A match that started violently ended up being a friendly affair, though there was some animosity evident on the field. Skaven side (the one with only Skaven players) won the toss but elected to defend. The plan behind this decision became evident during the kick-off, when all the Holmby Hills folks dashed into action, blitzing for the ball that was kicked shallow, close to midfield. Gutter Runner got under the ball but couldn't glue it and so it would be a struggle for the ball. Underworlders went at it, with their chainsaw and stabby-thing wielding star players. But the first player to earn a casualty was the Maniaks' rat Blitzer that seriously injured a Ratty Pack Gutter Runner, but the injured player was saved by the team doctor. This injury seemed to drive the Holmby Hills side into frenzy as they in turn removed two opposing players from the field and secured the ball. Warpstoners tried to respond but there's no stopping a Gutter Runner who has picked up speed, and so the game was 0-1.

Warpstoned Maniaks lined up for a second go but with numbers disadvantage - one player injured and chainsaw kicked out - Skaven seemed to take control of the situation. But when you have stunty players, nothing is impossible. Underworld Thrower had the ball bunched up in middle of opposing Skavens when a Goblin dashed through the line and turned to receive the ball. Only to see pure hatred flaring in the eyes of the Skaven Thrower who refused to let go of the ball. But a stern yell from the dugout forced the Thrower into action, but there must've been deep animosity running through the Thrower's vains as the ball ended up landing into hands of the opposing linerat. Though the linerat was surprised seeing the ball this up close, he had senses to run away from any players who might try to take it away from him. Couple of other Skaven players followed, keeping Goblins and glowing Skaven away. And just before the halftime the linerat ran in the touchdown to make the game 0-2.

Second half, 8 Underworlders against full Skaven team. Ball landed deep, Holmby Hills Thrower ran in to pick the ball and then decided to pass it to the other Thrower. Fumbled pass landed between the two Throwers. Goblin tried to ran closer to pressure the Skaven duo but they didn't flinc, repeating the process of pick-up and pass and this time succeeding. But even undermanned the Underworlders put up a good defense at midfield, forcing the Skaven coach to change his plans and bring back Gutter Runners who had stormed ahead for a pass. With reinforced numbers the Skaven cleared the defense and the ball ended up in the hands of Bogie the Blitzer who ran in the third TD.

Underworld Maniaks started their third offense with enough time for three or four plays. At first it seemed that the Skaven got their opponents bunched up, but the Underworld coached pulled some clever scheming and barked up orders to his team that freed up Skaven Thrower to dash through deep into their opponent's side. The Skaven untarnished by warpstone couldn't catch up to their kin and so the game ended 1-3 with the Underworlders scoring in the waining seconds of the match.

Nice and friendly game, though I must admit I was worried all through out the match when I decided to use Apothecary on the first turn. Gnaarkill played well where he had a chance but the dice seemed to favour me with Goblins failing dodges and Troll being... well, a Troll, which is pretty stupid... most of the time. Thanks again for the match, and better luck in the rest, Gnaar-man!

Gnaarkill

Nice write up J-R!
And thank you for a good game! ;D

/Gnaarkill

Polly71

soory for missing the time when is it ok for u in the week  ? @Hankos

hakos

Quote from: hakos on February 28, 2021, 08:04:42 PM
Ok, Polly, let's see if we can decide a match time more precisely.

For the coming week I can play in the evenings (monday, tuesday, thursday) with a starting time sometime between 18:30-20:30

Can you please reply with which day and exact starting time that suits you?

If none of those times suit you we will have to look into next weekend.

/hakos

Polly71

we can try at 20 to day if u can ?

Polly71

in the weekend i can play all days just say time :-)

hakos

Quote from: Polly71 on March 04, 2021, 08:05:01 PM
in the weekend i can play all days just say time :-)

Ok, let's say saturday 2021-03-06, 15:00, start time

If possible, please confirm.

/hakos

Polly71

we can try that 1500

hakos

Secret Memo

To: The Digging HBTQ's head coach
Topic: NUL Season 42 2nd Match
In your next match you will play against the "Klovner" dwarf clan from the west side of the mountains. They are well known for their bravery and willingness to face tough opponents above their team value. Since they are our kin your orders are to win the game but do not hurt them permanently.

-------------------------

Secret Report

To: Queen King Royal Person Maram
Topic: Victory
Today we faced our kin from the west side of the mountain, the "klovner" clan. As you ordered we scored the winning goal in turn 3 and then just defended.

Unfortunately they hired that big Ogre guy "Morg" something. He was not aware of the dwarfen code and his willingness to win can only be matched with his willingness to hurt. Directly after the TD he killed poor Kim in turn 4.

Nothing more to report after that. Our armor held, our defense was stable, we did not hurt the opposition.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. The fireball potion needs to protect against Lightning bolts as well. That bolt got our runner in the last turn.

----------------------

Thanks for the game Polly. You used your inducements well. Facing both Morg and your deathroller for 16 turns was a bit painful. Especially since I lost my own deathroller after only three turns. Did not want to score that early, but Morg pressured me too much.

65 vs 68 blocks says something about how equal the game was. But you for sure got way too many skulls and double skulls. Was that four or five turnovers due to skulls? I think that was the deciding factor in this game.

/hakos