Match Day 8

Started by J-Reedy, June 05, 2021, 07:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Hi Vorcha

Please propose a new time. I can play anytime, but I only check for answers once per day so probably best to propose a time that is 24h+ into the future. /hakos

Vorcha

@hakos ok what about 14:00 on tuesday ?

Gnaarkill

First match of MD8, a draw, exciting times!

This one was even and tactical from both sides.
First half started with the vamps on the offence. A solid D from the rotters made it tricky for the pale ones to push through. Eventually some vampiric trickery led to a great pass into the endzone for The Blood Fang Gang. 1-0.

Second half and Nurgles turn to go on offence. A deep kick led the nurgles to a slow offence even though they marched steadily onwards. The vampires showed some excellent blocking and marking of players which stressed The Wretched Spawn to thin out their cage, eventually leading to blitz and a stripped ball.
A nice interception by a pestigor some moments later turned the tide again. Last 2 turns was a sprint for the endzone. 3 GFI's and a block later, without RR, the equalizer was a fact. 1-1.

GG Lars!

Looking forward to you gobbo-team next season! 8)

/Gnaar

hakos

tags

West licked at his empty gums. 'This is how most of us go, isn't it? No final charge. No moment of glory. We just . . . fall slowly apart.'

Glokta would have liked to say something optimistic.
But that rubbish comes from other mouths than mine. Younger, prettier mouths, with all their teeth, perhaps. 'Those who die on the battlefield are in some ways the lucky few. Forever young. Forever glorious.'

West nodded, slowly. 'Here's to the lucky few, then . . .' His eyes rolled back, he swayed, then slumped sideways.

Exciting match between Logen's Lot and Lustria Lunatix, perhaps the most L-heavy matchup there ever was in NUL. The Lunatix have had a complex relationship with Nuffle this season, receiving his blessings a few matches earlier in the season, but they now seem to have angered him significantly.

Logen's Lot got some good blocking off the line, but the lizards were quick to defend, and ended up taking down the ball carrier. However, with some good fortune and some ag4 BS from the hobbos, Jezal dan Luthar managed to run it in before the end of the half.

Second half looked decent for the Lunatix, and the skink Last in line Luna managed to carry the ball far towards Logen's endzone. Failed the first GFI, but succeeded after re-rolling. Surely, you cannot fail two GFI's in a row? Nuffle says you can.

What followed was a pretty wild tussle back and forth, with severail failed actions and premature turnovers from both sides, but in the end, there were no more skinks left on the field to score, and the match ended 1-0.

Thanks for the game, WiGdoor!

Mr B

Quote from: Mr B on July 23, 2021, 11:05:18 AM
Quote from: J-Reedy on July 23, 2021, 10:18:12 AM
Quote from: Mr B on July 23, 2021, 10:11:06 AM
Incognito Reedy.
Let me know when you R- ready

Well, mr. punny, I'd B ready for some gaming on the 21 CEST timeframe either on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. However, starting any time before the said time, even if just 15 minutes would be appreciated as I'm on a normal work schedule (won't be vacationing until September) and as a man from (near-)future, lengthy game might cause some issues next morning.

So, how about Tuesday as the primary and Wednesday as a backup? You can ping at Discord whenever you're ready on the said date.
Tuesday yes and I can probably be fix it so we can tango at 20.
I'll Ping on the disc when we can leap to conclusion and get the ingame jump stated and let the leaping kicked off!
Hello.. Just got some visitors from US so.. If we can take the game tomorrow I think that will be better.
Cheers and sorry for this.

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on July 27, 2021, 10:09:03 AM
Hello.. Just got some visitors from US so.. If we can take the game tomorrow I think that will be better.
Cheers and sorry for this.

Sure, no problem. Have fun with your visitors from Uppsala, Sverige!

hakos

A one sided match has been played between amazons and some elves.

Amazons won 2-1.

Amazons started on the offence and knocked out or badly hurt 4 elf players early on. With that numerical advantage some small drawbacks, like failing to pick up the ball and failing to guard the carrier well enough could be overcome and 1-0 scored in turned 8.

Second half. Elves on the offence, at least on paper. By turn 11 all elfs but two were either off field, or stunned or lying down. But it only takes two elves to score. One thrower with the ball and one AG5 blitzer. They were separated by ca 20 Squares and the blitzer were closely guarded by two amazonians. Not a problem. The thrower, just ran, did some GFI, throwed the ball, the amazons failed the intercept, the blitzer catched, dodged three times and scored. 1-1

With 6 turns left and plenty more players on the field it seemed relatively easy to score the winning touch down. The only problem was which player to give the 3 SPP to. BUT while looking around I suddenly misclicked heavily and the elfs got a chance to steal the ball and victory. But they were still so few that this mistake could be rectified. With 3 turns left all elves were off field or lying down. No longer caring about getting up. So it was just a matter to run the ball over the whole field in three turns and score 2-1 in turn 16.

---------
Thanks for the game Vorcha. It sure was not your day today. I guess the statistics will show just how bad it was for you.

/hakos

tags

tags

I see that Polly conceded in this match, do we have any policies/rules on concessions? I can't remember it coming up before.

hakos

I'm not aware of any rules for concessions.

Considering that Polly got 7 injuries on his team, two of them permanent, losing 25 SPP, I can fully understand his frustration/decision.

In general, I believe a match should be played to the bitter end, regardless how badly it goes. But I can see one exception when it actually would be motivated to concede. That is if you are giving up, only lying down, clicking next turn but the opponent continues to foul. Then I would also concede to save my team.

So all in all, since it could be motivated I think it is ok, but it should happen very rarely.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on July 27, 2021, 08:54:45 PM
I'm not aware of any rules for concessions.

Considering that Polly got 7 injuries on his team, two of them permanent, losing 25 SPP, I can fully understand his frustration/decision.

In general, I believe a match should be played to the bitter end, regardless how badly it goes. But I can see one exception when it actually would be motivated to concede. That is if you are giving up, only lying down, clicking next turn but the opponent continues to foul. Then I would also concede to save my team.

So all in all, since it could be motivated I think it is ok, but it should happen very rarely.

/hakos

Sounds sensible to me. I know I have been a poor loser and sulky on a handful of occasions in NUL, which have generally just resulted in me not standing up my players and letting my opponent just roll over me. I believe, though, that actually conceding in-game gives away more stuff to the opponent (all winnings, and the extra MVP?).

So in general, I guess conceding makes less sense even if you're getting hammered, but it will also disproportionately strengthen your opponent, so it will unbalance the league somewhat if frequently used. I do agree, however, that it's not a huge deal as long as it happens rarely.

And lastly, I do sympathize. However much I love this game, and however much I absolutely cherish the high points, it has also given me some of the darkest moments on a few occasions. I guess one thing can't exist without the other, yin/yang and all that.

Vorcha

sometimes you wil relazie that there is to few players left on the field to make any difrence and the best thing is to just either runn away or lay low and try and preserve players for next half or next game. Nothing wrong in that.

Mr B

Yes conceding is very bad for the game.
As you would lose the money and it not just lost it is handed over to you opponent. So by staying you give that to yourself.
It's OK if you have no interest of playing with that team anymore.
Which I hope is not the case as then we have another issue.

So please endure, but I know the pain for sure in other leagues.

J-Reedy

Just a few words, have to get back to work. Two human teams go at it, one wearing helmets with erect horns and the another one wearing helmets with droopy tails, which one would succeed? Well, the game was decided on three turns, first two coming on Kislev's second attack where the Norse got themselves skulled down on two consecutive turns when trying to go for the ball. This also depleted their reroll supply which meant that after the Kislev got defence and removed two players from the Norse on that third nuffling of a turn, the Norse had to take risks without safety of rerolls. Meanwhile, Kislev could do now wrong. Haven't checked the stats yet, Replayer is doing it's thing, but should be clear advantage for the droopy tails.
Sorry for the dice, B-mister, better luck in the final game and thanks for this one!

Ps. Oh, wow, those dice. Really sorry for this, nuffling to the extreme.