Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, June 05, 2021, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiGdoor

Aw yee! Great game!
Kickin' off the season with a very back-and-forth game between the denizens of the jungle. First half, the scaly folks managed to sneak in a TD after kicking to the ladies. In the seconds half, there was a LOT of punching, and the tide turned quickly between the punches. Last turn of the match, the amazons dodged away from one heck of a dodgy saurus and equalized.

hakos

AMAZONs STEAL THE 1-1 DRAW

Amazons elected to attack but Lizards were faster with their Blitz. However, they were slightly out of position afterwards and one Saurus could be crowdsurfed already in turn 2. The Lizards were still strong, though, nowhere a break through possibility appeared. Finally the sheer strength overpowered the amazons and the Lizards could retrieve the ball and score in turn 6. 0-1

Two turns left and Amazons dared everything on a right flank attack. A hole was made in the Lizard wall, the ball was picked up, throwed to the catcher that ran all she could into a scoring position, but without any guardians she was easy to stop.

Second half the Lizards attack 11 vs 10 but before even moving the audience stunned four amazons and two Lizards. Completely outnumbered and outstrengthed there was no way to stop the Lizards and the skink sprinted towards a comfortable 2-0 lead in turn 11. But sprinted to much and the second GFI failed, even with a re-roll (we all know that 1/36 chance always happens in that moment so we really should not be surprised, but yet we were).

After some dodging and sprinting two amazon blitzers could guard the ball long enough for a catcher to pick-it up from the amazon end-zone. The desperate movement up the pitch could begin. Every team member valiantly took hit after hit from the sauruses while shielding the ball carrier. The amazons just got fewer and fewer, yet the ball carrier stayed away. Final turn, Calla is within reach to score. Lizards decide to make a 5+ dodge and blitz to stop her. The dodge succeeds, nice moves from that Lizard, but the blitz ends with a push. The final goal is scored in turned 16. 1-1

-----------------

Thanks for the game WiGdoor. It must have felt nice to play with even teams compared to how it was last season for you. Good luck in the coming match and may we meet again in the play-offs to settle who really is the Queen of the Jungle.

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Vorcha on June 06, 2021, 03:01:05 AM
@Gnaarkill can you do monday ?

Yo Vorcha!

Yes, tomorrow monday is good.
20.00 Norway/Sweden-time?

/Gnaar

Vorcha

@gnaarkill sure 20:00 tomorrow

Gnaarkill

The death metal fanboys of the wretched spawn evened it out after 0-2 deficit against the mishmash of elves in the elven union team of Voltaren United.

Both teams had pretty solid dices even though the tension grew as only two rerolls per team were at their disposal and virtually no blocking skills which ended up being a great fun match!

First half was dominated by clever elven play while the second half was leaning more towards the violent side of things which favoured the strong-style of Nurgle.

GG Vorcha!

/Gnaarkill

Saitani

Breaking news Aliens Probes Vitamin D deficient Humans. A brave start with fresh vamps vs fresh undead is never going to be a fair fight with the innate skills of base undead.
Gg lars lets hope some more even games furthe on in the league

tags

"He is dead and I, the self serving coward that I am, still live. Life is not fair. There is no pattern. People die at random. Something everyone knows, but no one truly believes. They think that when it comes to them there will be a lesson, a meaning, a story worth telling. That death will come to them as a dread scholar, a fell knight, a terrible emperor. Death is a bored clerk, with too many orders to fill. There is no reckoning. No profound moment. It creeps up on us from behind, and snatches us away while we shit."

After having my AV9 blocker KO'd on the first block of the match, I got a bad feeling about where this match was headed. Turns out, however, that the relatively high-contact play of the pseudonyms hurt them in the long run against dwarves with block. Some of Nuffle's tongues on the scales did not help either.

I quickly abandoned honourable play, and started fouling where I could. Turns out that the referee was doing his job for once, though, and after having two hobgoblins expelled with little to show for it, it did not seem worth it to take any more chances with my remaining ball carriers.

You have to be realistic about these things.

Thanks for the game J-R, and sorry about the brutal play. Hope the next games treat you better!

J-Reedy

Yeah. I was pretty disappointed during and after the match. First 4 turns resulted in loss of all my rerolls and still had two turnovers during those turns. Lineman died on turn 2, so I would've been permanently downstrenght for all of the match if not for Kvasiman fouling and getting caught twice. Catcher died on final turn on failed dodge so I'm now 140k down and with one additional MNG I have to play with three freebooters which seriously digs into my team development chances.

I have to say, that for me this was a game that makes me hate this game. No fault of Kvasiman, he played well and deserved the win. I'm just so freaking tired of getting my teams decimated.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: J-Reedy on June 09, 2021, 11:18:43 AM
I have to say, that for me this was a game that makes me hate this game. No fault of Kvasiman, he played well and deserved the win. I'm just so freaking tired of getting my teams decimated.

I feel you J-R! It fucking sucks!
I've felt that too, but you have had some serious shitstorms blowing your way recently.

I don't know, I just hope that you are enjoying to hang around in norsca enough to stay with us. When I feel fed up with the game, I take a step backward and just go with the flow and do the occasional forum entries and play my games.
Eventually, there is a new season or a spring of hope comes to life in your team, buying a new player etc. and then fun comes back again ;D

/Gnaar

Mr B

Quote from: Polly71 on June 05, 2021, 10:18:59 PM
Mr B Onsdag passer bra kl 21
Let me know when you can play next time.
Thx

hakos

Any update on the last match? /hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on June 14, 2021, 12:46:22 PM

Mr B wrote on the Discord that they're playing Monday (today)

Mr B

Quote from: tags on June 14, 2021, 01:53:11 PM
Quote from: hakos on June 14, 2021, 12:46:22 PM

Mr B wrote on the Discord that they're playing Monday (today)
Just a few (45) minutes now  :)

Polly71

Mr B

Quote from: Polly71 on June 14, 2021, 08:15:38 PM
:-)
And it's DONE!

Thanks for the game.
Very standard, Norse start.. bash bash, only ko though.
1-0
Speeeeeeedy!
1-1
Bash Bash, 2-1.

One Cas in the game late in 2nd round on th HiElf  ;).

Thanks for the game Polly!
Round 2 started!
BR
/B