Voltaren United (Elven Union) - Vorcha

Mr B

MD ready, and reedy, ready Wednesday?
21 Scandinavian time?

J-Reedy

Quote from: Mr B on November 08, 2021, 11:26:12 PM
MD ready, and reedy, ready Wednesday?
21 Scandinavian time?

Tomorrow at 21 works fine, see you then!

Gnaarkill

Kvasilad, Tags... whatever your name is, you are going down brother!
There is no room for dwarves in the realm of chaos! Bring it on little man 8)

Any day better than the other for our clash? :-*
My OK starting times are something like this:
Tomorrow (Thursday): 21
Friday: 19 - late
Saturday: 18 - late
Sunday: All day
Monday: 19 - 21
Tuesday: 19 - 21
Wednesday: 19 - 21

/GnaarKILL

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 10, 2021, 08:51:16 PM
Kvasilad, Tags... whatever your name is, you are going down brother!
There is no room for dwarves in the realm of chaos! Bring it on little man 8)

Any day better than the other for our clash? :-*
My OK starting times are something like this:
Tomorrow (Thursday): 21
Friday: 19 - late
Saturday: 18 - late
Sunday: All day
Monday: 19 - 21
Tuesday: 19 - 21
Wednesday: 19 - 21

/GnaarKILL

Oh hai Mr. Gnaark! We do like to punch above our weight/height! There are uncertain options during the weekend, but I think safe options are Monday from 21 or Tuesday/Wednesday from 19. In the interest of a good night's sleep, should we aim for Tuesday at 19 perhaps?

Mr B

So, one game left for Me and reedy.
This game was however a bit here and there.
First half the Frogs made it short and scored quite easy almost directly.
Then the entire show was on one side, but the ball was on the other.
Surfing competition was initiated and J-Reedy won that one, but he also committed the entire team for it.
And later I could with some luck as I stalled some, made the draw 1-1 in first half.

Second half, was odd, there was some CAS on the Frogs, and ko's and stunning results.
So with four turns left I think it was, Norse made it 2-1 with some man in favor etc.
No Ko came back.
And it looked not so good for the frogs.
There was a 2d Blitz opening on the ball which was a bite and we took it. 1.1 on the GFI and seconds later it was 2-2.
But it was not, as some 1 was roleld on the catch, so, game lived.
I rolled another 1 on GFI and there went my RR's. But ball was free, not picked up just beside the TD zone.
Reedy did not fail the pickup, but instead failed the leap.
Still 2-1. and I failed the pick up again and then the bounce was actually in the TD Zone.
Another move and this time it was 2-2.

2 turns left, and I made blocks instead of move with Nuffle contributed with a double skull.
And then more or less it was the end.

Thanks JR, good luck in the coming Norsca competition.

BR
B

Gnaarkill

Quote from: tags on November 10, 2021, 10:22:27 PM
Oh hai Mr. Gnaark! We do like to punch above our weight/height! There are uncertain options during the weekend, but I think safe options are Monday from 21 or Tuesday/Wednesday from 19. In the interest of a good night's sleep, should we aim for Tuesday at 19 perhaps?

Tuesday @19 it is my man! ;D

/Gnaar

WiGdoor

If my dentist employed similar tools to these goblins, perhaps removing my wisdom teeth would have been a nicer experiece - cause I'd be knocked out.

Never played against this many weird models before; really enjoyed the crazy goblin mayhem!
It was a close game, but the lizards bit home the victory in the end.

Good game, sir!

tags

"Rudd Threetrees. Rock of Uffrith, they called him. No bigger name in all the North. Great fighter. Great leader. Great friend. Lifetime o' battles. Stood face to face with the Bloody-Nine, then shoulder to shoulder with him. Never took an easy path, if he thought it was the wrong one. Never stepped back from a fight, if he thought it had to be done. I stood with him, walked with him, fought with him, ten years, all over the North. I've no complaints."

- Harding Grim

After arriving somewhat late, Logen's Lot won the toss and chose to receive. There was little movement from the line of scrimmage, except for the stubby feet of dwarves and chaos warriors bashing into each other. The turning point of the first half was when The Wretched Spawn was injured, and some opportunities to push forward opened up. Even then, desperate measures had to be taken, and a long pass from Poulder saved the day, like so many times before.

The Beast was back for the second half, and this time revenge was on the Chaos Warriors' minds. Spirit Crusher pushes Rudd Threetrees into the arms of Gutwrench, who brutally kills him on the line of scrimmage.

Yet the dwarves persisted, and the offensive line was blocked from advancing. The Wretched Spawn, although back on the pitch, seemed to have been extra confused by a blow to the head, and frequently missed his marks.

We had not heard the last from Spirit Crusher, as he bore down on Jezal dan Luthar, smelling blood from the comparatively minute stature. But he's come a long way, has Jezal. Remembering his wrestling training that all nobles go through, he managed to wrestle the huge warrior to the ground. A turn later, forgetting his noble background but remembering the various dirty tricks from shady public houses after poker nights turned ugly, he found the weak spot in Spirit Crusher's armour when he was down, and promptly crushed his neck with the tip of his ornate footwear.

The fall of Spirit Crusher was symbolic indeed, as it seemed like the tide of the fight was turning against the Spawn. Poulder once again managed to snap up the ball and pass it forward, with Pike managing to run it in for the 2-0 go-ahead.

Despite what the score says, that was a very tough match that could've tipped the other way very quickly. Either way, a very intense and fun one, thanks for the match Gnaarkill!

Match Day forwarded!

hakos

ouch, three players dead, tough indeed. especially for the wretched ones /Hakos