Match Day 3

Started by J-Reedy, September 05, 2021, 06:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saitani

Hi gnar lets try Monday at 20.00 ?

hakos

Hi Polly

I would really like to play our game. Don't know if you are still here reading? I can play any time in the weekend and weekdays after 18 (except wednesdays).

If there is no response when all other games are played I fear I will have to request a wo.

/hakos

Saitani

Gnar can we make it thuesday instead at 20.00 i forgot i have a staff party tomorow night.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Saitani on October 03, 2021, 05:51:25 PM
Gnar can we make it thuesday instead at 20.00 i forgot i have a staff party tomorow night.

No probs mate!
Tuesday @20 it is!

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

A fast and furious match where the Kislev got beaten up but managed to do enough dodgery and ball-stealing to emerge victorious. Both teams had secret weapons, Dental Redemption became prepared with numerous but Nomine Incognito with only one. In the end the ref had spotted all the illegal weapons of the Goblins but the one Kislev had remained in the play right to the end. What was the secret weapon you might ask. Well, he (or she?) was Baktus the Troll that stopped numerous blitzes against the Kislev and got him(her?)self downed when the Dental Redemption was on the attack, giving the Kislev opportunity to swarm the ball.

First score came fast with Kislev going up 1-0 on their second down. Dental Redemption followed with an attack that thinned the Kislev ranks but in the end the circus folk (we're talking about a circus with no aquatic department, like frogmen, definately no frogmen) managed to squeeze out the ball and eke out a 2-0 go-ahead before the half. Second half with Gobling going for attack was when Baktus did his(her?) self-downing and suddenly the ball had as many Kislev around as Goblins. Moments later 3-0. Fourth attack and this time the Goblins had 11 to 7 man advantage and there was no stopping them. 3-1 with two more downs to play. Kislev sent their Catcher deap and another catcher long-bombed a maximum lenght pass to him. Unfortunately the Catcher was blitzed down and rest of the match ended with fist bashing into flesh with no serious results.

Thanks for the game, Lazer-Lars, tough match for you in the blocking department and I'm guessing your injury luck was also abysmal considering how many succesful blocks you made. Better luck in the next!

Add: Oh, it seems it was the armor luck that did you in.

Gnaarkill

Alrighty!

Undead vs Undead and Rotten, ends with a draw.

Analyzing the luck stats I would say it was probably even more of a difference than what the number says...
Most of the move dices of Nurgle was stellar, which is great when you are a rotten pile of flesh. All the while the Grayskins block dices where abysmal, which is trash when you are big bad undeads!

First half The Grayskins constantly had pressure and when on offence they controlled the game beautifully 1-0 was imminent. Second half Wretched Spawn was holding on to dear nurgle, praying to the rotten one for a miracle. The unclean one heard the guttural prayers and cursed the clean undead with goblin strength. Making it all the easier for Nurgle to get through the wall of guard of The Grayskins and make it a 1-1 game.

Thanks for the game Saitani, felt like I really snatched that draw.

GG!

/Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

As I wrote on the Discord, Vorcha's and Polly's matches will be admined 2-0 losses tomorrow evening unless we hear about them. In the following rounds the losses will be admined after all the other matches have been played.

Vorcha, Polly, you are more than welcome to continue. I know more than well how emotional loss of players can be, I've swam heavily in those waters last few seasons. But as Mr. B, Hakos and Tags have already summed up, this is a game and here in NUL it's more about our community than the game. I won't never give up on our little corner of the Blood Bowl world although I can give up on a team. If you feel that you've lost the season or your team, maybe try playing loose and free with the team you have left. That's what I've done and it has given some fun moments for me even in middle of the most ruthless massacres of my teams. But I'm not saying how you should play or do. You can do what you want. Just know that returning here is an open option for you. If not this season, next one, provided that you have the will continue the end of the season no matter what happens on the field.

Mr B

Did we forward the MD or who is left sorry.
Waiting for answers is not the solution.
Let's go on and there are no blames, we are welcoming everyone back when the wounds has healed.

But what is the status for games that are scheduled ?

tags

Quote from: Mr B on October 06, 2021, 07:40:58 AM
Did we forward the MD or who is left sorry.
Waiting for answers is not the solution.
Let's go on and there are no blames, we are welcoming everyone back when the wounds has healed.

But what is the status for games that are scheduled ?

J-R wanted to give them until the end of today, but I tend to agree that they've had all the chances they need already. Either way, I think it's safe to schedule MD4 matches from tomorrow.