Match Day 2

Started by J-Reedy, September 05, 2021, 06:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Alright guys.
Burry the axe or foot.
It is a game.
We win and lose and a some games ago the team meant nothing as it was not even started.
Players comes and goes.
Coaches remains.
So take this advice be nice and play nice.
Playing nicely is hard as blocks kills but so do dodge.
We all try to win and protect what team we have built.
If you are winning clearly focus on protecting the team that matters.
If your are starting to lose.. do the same.
Think ahead.
If it is tight and goes either way value your actions and re-actions.
Killers and game breakers can get hit extra if your actions goes wrong.
If its not worth it.. remove what is dear yourself from target practice.
It's simple as that  ;D

tags

Everyone gets attached to their teams and players, and it is definitely emotionally hard to lose players to death and injury. I know I've had a few black moods during/after some matches. After suffering through a rough match, it can be beneficial to sleep on it rather than vent in the forums, especially when your post has no real argument within it, just pure saltiness.

Fouling is a legit part of the game, with the possible exception of when there is no theoretical gain to be had. Even then it is allowed, though generally considered bad sportsmanship. From what I can tell, Saitani seems to be well within his rights here to use his dirty player.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on September 19, 2021, 01:50:49 PM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on September 19, 2021, 11:12:09 AM
Yo hakos!

Been on a trip to our capitol this weekend so wont manage a game tonight.
But what do you say about tomorrow @20 or tuesday same time?

/Gnaar

okidoki, tuesday @20 should work fine. see you then /hakos

Cool!
See you tomorrow mate!

/Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

Quote from: WiGdoor on September 19, 2021, 11:15:24 AM
J-man!
When does the circus wanna hop over some scaly bois?

I could do it today, if you're free?
Otherwise I can do Thursday or Friday between 17-20. :)
Uncertain about the weekend.

Sorry, didn't catch this on the weekend as I was busy enjoying the last day of my vacation. But the coming Thursday at 18.00 would work very fine for me. As a backup Friday at 19.00 or later also works. Let me know if the Thursday time still suits you, sir.

WiGdoor

Quote from: J-Reedy on September 20, 2021, 01:56:10 PM
Quote from: WiGdoor on September 19, 2021, 11:15:24 AM
J-man!
When does the circus wanna hop over some scaly bois?

I could do it today, if you're free?
Otherwise I can do Thursday or Friday between 17-20. :)
Uncertain about the weekend.

Sorry, didn't catch this on the weekend as I was busy enjoying the last day of my vacation. But the coming Thursday at 18.00 would work very fine for me. As a backup Friday at 19.00 or later also works. Let me know if the Thursday time still suits you, sir.

Thursday at 18 it is!

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on September 17, 2021, 11:18:43 AM
So Lars.
How are you doing?
Advice during the game to come
1 do not put a chainsaw in my mouth
2 do not thrower a goblin in my mouth
3 do not ever enter my mouth with the ball&chain.

My handsome Norsemen do not like that it will interact with the beer drinking after the game.
But I will be happy to withdraw some teeth from the Trolls so your goblins will be less likely to be eaten.

But when dude?
Next Thursday?
21 is the shit

On Thursday all slots are taken.  Have to fit some braces to an orc and remove some (wisdom) tooth from a troll.

Have some slots open for some basic examination on Wednesday 19-late or Sunday from 20 other wise next week are more open Monday and Saturday will be a no-go thou.

/Lars

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on September 21, 2021, 02:44:40 PM
So Lars.
How are you doing?

My handsome Norsemen do not like that it will interact with the beer drinking after the game.
But I will be happy to withdraw some teeth from the Trolls so your goblins will be less likely to be eaten.

But when dude?
Next Thursday?
21 is the shit

On Thursday all slots are taken.  Have to fit some braces to an orc and remove some (wisdom) tooth from a troll.

Have some slots open for some basic examination on Wednesday 19-late or Sunday from 20 other wise next week are more open Monday and Saturday will be a no-go thou.

/Lars
Sounds Dire.
Next Tuesday then how is that?

hakos

Flower Smell vs Rotten Smell

Beauty vs Ugliness

Dodgy vs Bashy

It could only end in one way.

Amazons are outbashed, stomped at, stunned, badly hurt and even killed (until some flower with strange Powers brought the amazonian back to the living again).

But the rotten, smelly ones are slow and they think more on how to hurt than to protect, the ball carrier that is.

First half, ball is stolen in turn 2 and carefully carried around half the field until the 1-0 score comes in turn 6.

The second attack is stopped but with great losses. Three players removed in two turns.

Second half starts with 8 woman versus 11, hmm shall we say "somethings"?

Ball is kept safe for a while until a small opening is seen on the left flank. But it is stopped, the ball is loose and guarded by two horned ones. The AG4 blitzer manages to get it back though. And when the same blitzer survives two blocks, still standing up with the ball, a 2-0 victory goal can be scored with only three turns left.

------------

Thanks for the game Gnaarkil. A pleasure as Always. /hakos

Gnaarkill

Ok so really had to check the luck stat indicator thrice here, really felt the other way around.
Even more impressed with Hakos coaching now!

Hakos did a great job grinding that football down the field, thinning the amazon ranks but staying cool and smart, outwitting the Nurgle 0-2.

Impressive win mate, GG!

/Gnaar

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on September 21, 2021, 03:03:09 PM
So Lars.
How are you doing?

But when dude?
Next Thursday?
21 is the shit

/Lars
Sounds Dire.
Next Tuesday will work fine will keep my drill charged and ready to go.

What time? 21?

/Lars

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on September 23, 2021, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: Mr B on September 21, 2021, 03:03:09 PM
So Lars.
How are you doing?

But when dude?
Next Thursday?
21 is the shit

/Lars
Sounds Dire.
Next Tuesday will work fine will keep my drill charged and ready to go.

What time? 21?

/Lars
Yes please

tags

Putting this here for completeness:

Mr B

Quote from: tags on September 23, 2021, 12:20:06 PM
Putting this here for completeness:

Ooh no.. was it conceded ? :'(

tags

Quote from: Mr B on September 23, 2021, 12:54:37 PM
Ooh no.. was it conceded ? :'(
Yes, unfortunately :/

That's one concession from Polly and one from Vorcha now. At the moment it seems like Polly has gone suddenly AWOL, and Vorcha has announced that he quit... so I guess we're two players down.

Gnaarkill

Welp...
Ill say "never mind the bollocks" and let us continue play wonderful Blood Bowl at Norsca Union League instead  ;D <3