Playoffs

Started by J-Reedy, November 20, 2021, 08:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

I've just created the Season 44 Playoffs league into BB2. After Tags-Kvasilad and Lazer-Lars have played their match, which currenly seems to be scheduled on Sunday, the playoffs participants can start registering there.

The skilled participants who were cunning, brave, bold and tactically skilled enough to lead their teams into Playoffs are these fine fellows:

Saitani with Undead team The Greyskins
Tags with the Chaos Dwarf team Logen's Lot
WiGDoor with the Lizardmen team Lustria Lunatix
Mr. B with the Norse team Kung Fury

Saitani and Tags will be 1 and 2 seed, their order will be determined in Tag's game against Lars.  WiGdoor will be 3rd seed and Mr. B 4 seed. 1 seed will play against 4 seed and 2 against 3.

tags

I'm honestly not sure about whether I want to face off against the 3rd or 4th seed here :D

tags

NUL regular season 44 is in the books!

With hakos' Freak Flower Stars missing the playoffs by the narrowest of margins.

The matchups will be:
Logen's Lot vs. Kung Fury
The Grayskins vs. Lustria Lunatix

hakos

Quote from: tags on November 21, 2021, 08:37:39 PM
With hakos' Freak Flower Stars missing the playoffs by the narrowest of margins.

I'm actually quite happy to reach 5th place considering I had the worst relative luck of all teams seen over the whole season. Ended on -20.

Anyway, big congratulations to the playoff coaches. Well done.

BR/ Hakos

WiGdoor

Ohh! I made playoffs?! :D
Amazing!

Mr B

And so it begins.
Logens Tags..
How is a Thursday 21 Scandinavian time?
I have a feeling I will not see the final this time.

tags

Quote from: Mr B on November 22, 2021, 06:38:27 PM
And so it begins.
Logens Tags..
How is a Thursday 21 Scandinavian time?
I have a feeling I will not see the final this time.

Well, I will certainly not bet against the coach that has won 4 out of the last 4 seasons, which is every single season since re-joining NUL! I got a bit lucky in our regular season encounter, don't think I can count on that again.

But yes, 21 on Thursday sounds like a good time, let's meet then!

J-Reedy

WiGdoor

So, when do you wanna rumble, Saitani?
I am free saturday, so any time that day? Otherwise, come with suggestions! :)

Saitani

Saturday will be difficoult for me as i am planing to raid sweden that day. but im aaviable any day after from 18.00 and later

tags

Weeeeell, that could've gone better.

Mr B

Quote from: tags on November 25, 2021, 10:39:49 PM
Weeeeell, that could've gone better.

True, it started in your favor.
But the wind changed a bit.

First time I played one entire game without any RR.

Thanks for the game!
BR
B

tags

Thanks for the game!

It's true that the first couple of turns really went in my favour. But I already felt like I was losing the game while I was scoring my first touchdown in the first drive, and I had a centaur and a guard/mb dwarf in the dugout. Lo and behold, it went downhill even faster than I expected in the last part of the first half. Come second half, it was obvious that I had nothing at all to fight with.

Well, the master chef did his job for sure, you had no re-rolls the entire match, but I think it only really burned you once in the first half.

Either way, well played, and good luck in the finals!

Mr B

Quote from: tags on November 25, 2021, 10:57:04 PM
Thanks for the game!

It's true that the first couple of turns really went in my favour. But I already felt like I was losing the game while I was scoring my first touchdown in the first drive, and I had a centaur and a guard/mb dwarf in the dugout. Lo and behold, it went downhill even faster than I expected in the last part of the first half. Come second half, it was obvious that I had nothing at all to fight with.

Well, the master chef did his job for sure, you had no re-rolls the entire match, but I think it only really burned you once in the first half.

Either way, well played, and good luck in the finals!
Yes it changed but that turn when you lost the Bull and the dwarf it more or less meant you could not stall.
Opening for a draw first half.
And then with the momentum keep it and secure the game.
Those ag4 gobbs and 6 rerolls meant lot could be achieved.
But I understand the way it unfolded.
Apo burned and securing the last ag4 with a foul (red card) might prove good next season then.
But let's see.. one big game coming up now.
See how much I will have left for the next season.
GG cheers

WiGdoor

Quote from: Saitani on November 25, 2021, 06:12:24 PM
Saturday will be difficoult for me as i am planing to raid sweden that day. but im aaviable any day after from 18.00 and later

I can do Monday at 20, or Tuesday at 18? :)