Started by J-Reedy, December 14, 2021, 05:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: Lars on December 30, 2021, 09:48:59 AM
Shall we say Friday @ 12?
/Lars

We shall, see you tomorrow!

J-Reedy

Well, it seems that Nomine Incognito has specialized in 1-1 draws this season. The match started with the Necromantic team on the offence and after a short riot the game commenced with the Homies sending Alf the circus bear into the injury box. However, the Kislev folk managed to slow down the offence of the Herbarium folk with two surprise blitzes involving a very guarded catcher leaping next to a ball-carrier and creating a spot to put some pressure on the ball. Homies managed to hold on to the ball but their slow advance towards the goal was slowed down enough that in the end they needed a Werewolf to dodge into endzone and a Wight to dodge out and deliver the ball to the waiting manlupus. This plan was botched by the ball-carrying Wight failing to dodge out.

Second half, Kislev on the ball. 10 players on both sides. Ball is kicked deep and a pair of Kislev Catchers runs away from the ball, towards the goal line. Both are stopped and one of them is blitzed down. But the another one leaps out and makes it to the endzone. Meanwhile, the agiliest of the agile Catchers, Elessar, had picked up the ball and delivers it to Blizer David Somerset on the line of scrimmage. Mr. Somerset dashes forward, almost reaching the enzone before landing a pass to the Catcher waiting on the endzone. 1-0.

Homie Herbarium starts their second offensive drive, and this time there's no stopping them. Three of the circus folk are removed from the field and the goal seems inevitable. But just few meters from the endzone the guarded Catcher leap with a leaping blitz removes the ball from the ball-carrying Wight and knocks-out the Wight. It's all up to the Werewolf closest to the ball. After some route clearing he is able to dodge out, blitz the Catcher next to the ball out of bounds, pickup the ball and run in the equalizing 1-1.

Nice game, though somewhat concerning for me considering my next game with three of my players sitting that one out. Lars played well and only thing that prevented him from scoring in the first half was two turns of mostly pushbacks in his dice. I on the other hand got lucky with agility play, I think I only failed one dodge and had to reroll just one leap all throughout the game. Thanks for the match, Lars. Good luck in the rest!

hakos

Alf - very nice pseudonym for the bear. You really know your pop references J-Reedy. Ah, that brings back some memories /hakos

tags

Mr. Fury! I'm back home and can play at 21 any weekday this week

Mr B

AAaand its in the books!
MD are already started!!!
Book your tickets and soda and bring it ooon!

Ohh the game..
On paper it looks like this.

Really balanced game, and I got a chance and took it.. made 1-0 on the Lot´s drive!
Made my own dring a bit safe as some like, the two fourlegged monsters was out.
But suddenly they are around you swarming and had to 1d away for 2-0.
And so it stayed.

GG Tags!
BR
Brother B

tags

Really solid play from Mr. B as always. I got to receive, but the kick-off event was a blitz. I made a crucial mistake, and Kung Fury took advantage of it and ran. Second kick-off, there was another blitz, and I was unable to equalize and got hurt in the process.

Second half, both of my bulls and a dwarf was in the dugout, making me severely understrengthed. I'm struggling with positioning against Mr. B at the best of times, and missing several key positionals, I was just taking a beating for the entire second half. That said, I got a few lucky hits/fouls in myself, but it didn't affect the outcome of the match any.

Thanks for the match, B!