Finals!

Started by tags, January 19, 2022, 09:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Congratulations to our finalists, Mr. B and Hakos!

Season 45 Finals competition has been created in-game.

The match is scheduled for Monday 21:00 CET, good luck to both contestants!

Mr B

Thanks.. its done/planned on monday.

hakos

Hi

@MrB: Seems I have a covid infection ongoing now. It started on saturday. I feel quite tired so I really would like to postpone our match about one week. Ok?

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on January 24, 2022, 08:17:34 AM
Hi

@MrB: Seems I have a covid infection ongoing now. It started on saturday. I feel quite tired so I really would like to postpone our match about one week. Ok?

/hakos
Aha, sorry I missed this, sure.
Just let me know.

hakos

Hi

Sorry for just disappearing for some time. I did not get the easy version of corona. But at least I did not need to go to hospital so I am NOT complaining.

Anyway, seems possible for me to play in the weekend. Or evenings next week. Let me know what fit's your schedule.

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on January 28, 2022, 07:38:21 PM
Hi

Sorry for just disappearing for some time. I did not get the easy version of corona. But at least I did not need to go to hospital so I am NOT complaining.

Anyway, seems possible for me to play in the weekend. Or evenings next week. Let me know what fit's your schedule.

/hakos
Ooh missed this.
How about Monday game 21 Scandinavian time?

Mr B

Hi

/hakos
Glad to have you back in shape though  ;)

Gnaarkill

Hi

/hakos

Glad to hear that you are OK my friend!

/Gnaar

hakos

Season 45 is done.

The final is played and as it should be it went to overtime. And Nuffle played a pivotal role, toying around with us.

Pre-Match the amazons hired Helmut, a wizard and prepared a bribe. Also, some fine birds from the jungle were sacrified to Nuffle.

The amazons decided to go on the offence. It went surprisingly well. Helmut did an excellent job. He took out several players but still managed to stay on field the entire half and thus freed up lot of space for the other amazon players. The norse on the other hand, had forgotten how to dodge, how to run and the big guy had forgotten how to move at all.

The amazons could take it easy. They carried the ball just a few squares away from the touchdown and parked it there. Using their advantage to thin out the norse team even more preparing for the goal in turn 8. But the norse coach used every trick he could find with his remaining players. In turn 8 all what was needed was a normal 2D block and a follow-up move to score. But it was the Stand Firm player that needed to be moved. Ouch. Plan A was scrapped. Plan B was to handover the ball from the thrower to the catcher. It failed due to some really, really disturbing prescene from the big guy taking a nap on the field. Double ouch. 0-0 after first half despite a massive advantage for the amazons.

The referee refused to take the bribe so Helmut had to leave for the second half.

Second half the norse were on the offence and it seems the coach had done some serious talking with his team. It was a completely different team coming out. In the first 6 turns they removed one amazon from the field every turn. Ouch. The amazons were clearly shaken after the missed opportunity in the first half and had forgotten how to dodge and run. In short, a complete opposite situation compared to first half.

Norse decided to score in turn 15 with one GFI. It was now Nuffle showed who she favoured. Double 1 and the ball bounced all the way back to midfield. Also the norse thrower pickup in turn 16 failed with a 1. Three 1s in the final turn for the norse. WoW. 0-0 after second half and we go into overtime.

Once again Nuffle showed clearly who he favoured. Amazons had 11 woman on the field versus the 9 guys from the north after checking who had been knocked out hard. Also, Amazons had 3 RR and 1 wizard left while norse had 0 RR. And then amazons got to be on the offence as well.

Since it is golden goal in the extra time the play was quite careful for several turns. But after some turn left, turn right and finally turn left again the amazons had managed to use their advantage to get the ball fairly well protected on the left flank, on the norse half of the field. Norse side did not give up, though, they mounted an impressive defence going all in, marking almost all amazons. Looked like it could become a big bash party.

But there was a small corridor left free at the sideline after one norse player was pushed away. Time for the thrower to handover the ball to the MA7 runner. And then she ran, all 9 squares needed to reach the touchdown zone, without tripping on her own feets. Golden goal gives the victory to the amazons in turn ~20. 1-0.

Thanks a lot for the game Mr B.

/hakos

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on February 05, 2022, 01:04:21 PM
Season 45 is done.

The final is played and as it should be it went to overtime. And Nuffle played a pivotal role, toying around with us.

Pre-Match the amazons hired Helmut, a wizard and prepared a bribe. Also, some fine birds from the jungle were sacrified to Nuffle.

The amazons decided to go on the offence. It went surprisingly well. Helmut did an excellent job. He took out several players but still managed to stay on field the entire half and thus freed up lot of space for the other amazon players. The norse on the other hand, had forgotten how to dodge, how to run and the big guy had forgotten how to move at all.

The amazons could take it easy. They carried the ball just a few squares away from the touchdown and parked it there. Using their advantage to thin out the norse team even more preparing for the goal in turn 8. But the norse coach used every trick he could find with his remaining players. In turn 8 all what was needed was a normal 2D block and a follow-up move to score. But it was the Stand Firm player that needed to be moved. Ouch. Plan A was scrapped. Plan B was to handover the ball from the thrower to the catcher. It failed due to some really, really disturbing prescene from the big guy taking a nap on the field. Double ouch. 0-0 after first half despite a massive advantage for the amazons.

The referee refused to take the bribe so Helmut had to leave for the second half.

Second half the norse were on the offence and it seems the coach had done some serious talking with his team. It was a completely different team coming out. In the first 6 turns they removed one amazon from the field every turn. Ouch. The amazons were clearly shaken after the missed opportunity in the first half and had forgotten how to dodge and run. In short, a complete opposite situation compared to first half.

Norse decided to score in turn 15 with one GFI. It was now Nuffle showed who she favoured. Double 1 and the ball bounced all the way back to midfield. Also the norse thrower pickup in turn 16 failed with a 1. Three 1s in the final turn for the norse. WoW. 0-0 after second half and we go into overtime.

Once again Nuffle showed clearly who he favoured. Amazons had 11 woman on the field versus the 9 guys from the north after checking who had been knocked out hard. Also, Amazons had 3 RR and 1 wizard left while norse had 0 RR. And then amazons got to be on the offence as well.

Since it is golden goal in the extra time the play was quite careful for several turns. But after some turn left, turn right and finally turn left again the amazons had managed to use their advantage to get the ball fairly well protected on the left flank, on the norse half of the field. Norse side did not give up, though, they mounted an impressive defence going all in, marking almost all amazons. Looked like it could become a big bash party.

But there was a small corridor left free at the sideline after one norse player was pushed away. Time for the thrower to handover the ball to the MA7 runner. And then she ran, all 9 squares needed to reach the touchdown zone, without tripping on her own feets. Golden goal gives the victory to the amazons in turn ~20. 1-0.

Thanks a lot for the game Mr B.

/hakos

Congratz my friend!
Well deserved.
I had to fight upwards the entire first half, barely getting away with it.
Then my Leader refused to came back and stayed Ko´d rest of the game (he left late in first half), that was also not so good.
As you said it was in command second round, but I judged the GFI worth it as waiting one round would be
1 have the ladies forgot the wiz, (it happens)
2 will he manage the 2+ Lightning
3 If he does, 2+ GFI with RR is better than 3+ Pickup

So more or less, will he fail the wiz, and if not, will I manage to get the ball from the ground.
Anyhow 3+ is harder than 2+ %wise.
So I went with the 2+ and hoped to take that lead and force a pressed run and touchdown in two turn by ladies.
But the 1 RR 1, said no, the pickup and longbomb to score the round after was failed with the 1 pickup.
And then the Third was really hard pressure from all points and no dodged fail (with the inbuild rr)

Hat off sir, well done!