Match Day 8

Started by J-Reedy, February 11, 2022, 04:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiGdoor

Quote from: atte1979 on April 17, 2022, 08:33:31 AM
Quote from: WiGdoor on April 14, 2022, 11:03:22 AM
Quote from: atte1979 on April 13, 2022, 06:22:59 PMHello WiGdoor.

Da Orks is hungree! Burgas! We wants burgas!
We wants to eat da filthy hobbitses, choo da flesh from deir boneses.

When are you available to play?

I'm available tonight or friday afternoon and evening. After that I can arrange on week nights on Tuesday or Wednesday, kick-off between 18.00 and 20.00 CEST.

Can we find a suitable time slot for the both of us?

Y'all eat these lard-ridden chumps, you're gonna end up with clogged arteries. We're so fat, yo momma jokes don't even apply.;)

I'm unavailable Friday due to Easter, but Tuesday is so far unoccupied!
Would Tuesday at 19.00 CEST be a suitable time for you?

Yeah, that should work. Cya Tuesday!

Mr B

Quote from: Gnaarkill on April 13, 2022, 06:12:30 PM
Quote from: Mr B on April 13, 2022, 05:57:39 PMHello Gnarl, I had missed that we  had invited some friends over tonight, I have to move the game day sorry.
I guess Monday works same time at 21.
Sorry and thanks.

No worries man!
Let's go for monday @21 then!

/Gnaarkill
How was the Easter buddy, ready for our game?

atte1979

Quote from: WiGdoor on April 17, 2022, 10:12:58 AM

I'm available tonight or friday afternoon and evening. After that I can arrange on week nights on Tuesday or Wednesday, kick-off between 18.00 and 20.00 CEST.

Y'all eat these lard-ridden chumps, you're gonna end up with clogged arteries. We're so fat, yo momma jokes don't even apply.;)

Hi WiGdoor.

I'll be ready to kick-off in 20 minutes.

atte1979

Quote from: atte1979 on April 19, 2022, 06:41:06 PM
Quote from: WiGdoor on April 17, 2022, 10:12:58 AM

Hi WiGdoor.

I'll be ready to kick-off in 20 minutes.
let's make that 19.05 CEST...

atte1979

This night saw the clash of the Orks and the Burgers.

As soon as the starting whistle had blown the Orks completely forgot what they came to do, which was to ground the juicy 'obbitses to hamburger pattys and win the game playing a steady and deadly grind only to score at the end of their drive. In stead, they started chasing after the juicy, tender, mouth watering *drool*... Err, the sneeky 'obbitses. This resulted in an un-timely surf by the Burgers. To add insult to injury, the Burgers' star treeman, Deeproot Strongbranch CAS'd a lineman with the first swing of his log like arm.

The Orks re-grouped and mustered a steady cage onslaught knocking down 'obbitses on their march for the touchdown despite the 'obbitses dodging and taunting the Orks. Close to the end of the half the Orks' thrower decided to throw a quick pass to one of the blitzers caging him even though he could have scored himself. As the Orks had eaten their fair share of the Halfling chef's cookings, they had completely forgotten the playbook of their head coach which resulted in a fumble by the blitzer who wasn't expecting to receive a pass.

The Burgers quickly rushed to surround the ball, most likely they mistook it for a pie and remembered the golden "three second rule". With so many 'obbitses around the ball the Orks couldn't get to it in time to score and the first half ended in a 0-0 stand still.

In the second half the Burgers started the attack with five courageous 'obbitses and the three treemen. The Orks attempted a hook maneuver from the flanks but that only resulted in leaving their back field unattended and the Burgers capitalized on this opening immediately. In one swift fling of the fling who was carrying the ball they were in reach of a touchdown as he nailed the landing and rushed to take the lead 1-0.

The Orks were starting to get desperate now as their head coach was furious and whipped (literally , he whipped them with a seven tailed whip which had spiked little spheres at the ends) them back in order and discipline. After receiving the kick from the Burgers they started slowly but steadily to make their way once again towards the Burgers' end zone. Knocking down 'obbit after 'obbit and leaving the treemen behind them they finally managed to salvage a point on their last turn ending the match in a 1-1 draw.

hakos

Well written match report, atte /Hakos

atte1979

Lars

Humans vs Some sort of humans

The match where set up to be a even one but Nuffle wanted something else. The inventors of Sweden started with the ball and made a good first turn KO:ing Nisse the Ogre and one more piece. They also managed to secure the ball and start moving in a steady tempo. But after this point the Inventors got hit by quite some nuffeling especially in the move department where dodges and mainly GFI started to become almost impossible to pull off. This combined with the IKEA Classics flattening more and more players to flat packets to be stored outside the pitch, did not help Hakos game. After a lot of hardship between the 2 teams the match ended 2-1 in favor of the IKEA gang.
As usual when Nuffel start the nuffeling he can't stop so he also decided that the dead lineman Peasant 6 was the MVP of Hakos team.

Sorry for the nuffeling Hakos and may your next match be more joyful in the dice department.
Thanks for the game
/Lars

Saitani

The freshmen goes for some Cold cuts for dinner today spiced up with some fresh thralls for supper

Mr B

replay is working, thanks TAGS

So, outmaneuvered and as expected, we hunted the Elves but they were just playing with us. Until there was a 1 rr by dodge 1, and then it turned.
Clipping and powing the Witch dropping the ball, and still, under high pressure of course.
But we managed to get that 1-0 lead in the first half due to the unlucky dodge.
Then we could protect and serve the ball keeper and moved slowly but steady for a 2-0.
Reply was swift and 2-1 and a skill as compensation.

Ogre's was steady this game very few boneheads and I think that was the key of course with some removals, sorry about the RIP.
Painful to see the witch RIP and without a APO, that was bad for your team.
Good luck in the games to come this and next seasons.

Thanks for the game, fun as always with different flavor as trouble as BB brings.
Cheers!
Brother B

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 13, 2022, 01:27:31 PM
Quote from: tags on April 13, 2022, 11:49:27 AMl3t5 c145h 0n w3d 19:00

take off every zig

for great justice

Wed at 19.00 it is then!

All your NTF are belong to us.

Oh noes, I'm afraid I've made a scheduling mistake. I'm unable to play today or tomorrow within those time frames, very sorry about the short notice. My weekend looks quite open as of now, Monday at 2030 should work too

J-Reedy

Quote from: tags on April 20, 2022, 04:18:14 PMOh noes, I'm afraid I've made a scheduling mistake. I'm unable to play today or tomorrow within those time frames, very sorry about the short notice. My weekend looks quite open as of now, Monday at 2030 should work too

Okays. Monday at 2030 will definately work. If you're free on weekend, Saturday 10-12 or 21-> and Sunday 9-18 are OK for me.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 20, 2022, 04:21:57 PM
Quote from: tags on April 20, 2022, 04:18:14 PMOh noes, I'm afraid I've made a scheduling mistake. I'm unable to play today or tomorrow within those time frames, very sorry about the short notice. My weekend looks quite open as of now, Monday at 2030 should work too

Okays. Monday at 2030 will definately work. If you're free on weekend, Saturday 10-12 or 21-> and Sunday 9-18 are OK for me.

Monday 2030 will definitely work for me as well, so let's book that. I may have time during the weekend, but stuff can pop up, so I might prod you on discord if/when I have the time, and if it works it works. If it doesn't, then Monday it is. Sorry again!

J-Reedy

Well, this was a match of deceit from the beginning. The Norse coach started the game asking for the MAD ones not to hurt the NFT'ers too much. Then the Norse side started a beating by injuring out the MAD Serfs Minotaur on 1st down. The ruse continued with the NFT bringing down shorty-Chaos players one by one and then trying to foul them out. Luckily the ref of the match was an honest Goblin and thus total of 3 Norse players were sent of during the match. The violent start however suprised the Chaos ones so that they didn't manage to stop the Norse advance despite getting the ball out once and the Non-Fungibles walked in a TD at the half-point of the first half. MAD ones responded with a quick TD from the Centaur who had been handed the ball by the nice and wise ref of the match after the Norse kicked it out of bounds. Two short downs followed where both sides tried to hurt each other.

Second half started with 10 against 10. MAD ones were on the offence and this time Hobgoblins had the ball-carrying duty. Everything went well for the Chaos Dwarf side until the Norse made a frenzied stand and got the ball-carrier trapped at the sideline. MAD Pros however managed to free the ball-carrying Mr. Poole who quickly sprinted to score the 2-1 go ahead goal. However, Norse had enough time for a TD, so they went to work. Two stunned Dwarfs later the Norse seemed to have a route for the game-tying TD. But then the Hobgoblin duo struck and down went the ball-carrier, ball flying to midfield through two spectator throws. Crowded ball and nothing was certain. But then the Norse turned on their violent streak once again and managed to secure the ball through a bounce. Dwarfs did what they could but in the end the Norse managed to score the equalizing TD by a Norse sprinting as fast as he could and then some and then some again. 2-2.

Thanks again for the game Tags-man. Well played.

tags

That sure was an honest referee! And if there's one thing NFT pride themselves on, it's being dishonest. Attempted bribes were made with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Avax, Solana, and even one or two cheap knock-off ape JPGs, but nothing could sway this unusually backboned goblin. It's back to the drawing board to come up with another Ponzi scheme.

An interesting match for sure, and I was definitely lucky coming out of that with only one permanent injury. A shame that it was on one of my most valuable pieces, but Ryu's career will continue for at least one match, albeit with a limp.

Well played J-R!