Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, February 11, 2022, 04:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Slippery game this one was, with Dark Elfs dodging away and sliding through openings the Dwarfs thought were not there. Har Ganeth started on the offence when MADs decided to quick. The Elfs got the ball fast in midfield and quickly spread out. Chaos Dwarfs tried to block the lines and hold down the would-be-catchers but the dark ones proved to be too shadowy figures to be held down. So, bit of maneuvering and a handoff later the Dark Elfs ran in their opening TD.

MAD Serfs answered with a determined drive by their Bull Centaur who advanced in a safety of a tight cage. Dark Elfs put up columns to stop the advance but as other So Pros had gotten MAD, the Elf numbers had dwinled down so that the Chaos folk could tie down the Elfs and force them to try to dodge away. At one point one of the Elfs failed and after a Blitz a route was clear and the equalizing TD was rushed in on four feet.

Second half and Har Ganeth had only 9 Elfs to put on the field while So Pro MAD Serfs had a full team. But the Dark ones had a cunning plan! Short kick to midfield followed by a Blitz. Suddenly the Witch Elf of Har Ganeth had the ball and MADs found themselves to be on a defence instead of offence. Frantic remanuevering by short and stubby legged ones followed but that was not enough to rule out a chance of a TD. A dodge, a handoff and short run, and all that was needed was a short pass to the second Witch Elf waiting on the scoring distance behind the improvised Chaos Dwarf defensive line. But the pass was botched by the Dark Elf Assassin who instinctively tried to throw his dagger and in middle of the throw realized his mistake and fumbled the ball when trying to juggle the ball and dagger between his hands. MADs swarmed in to surround the ball and started bashing with no thought of picking up the ball. Because they too had a cunning plan! You see, Professeur Calculus stationed himself next to the ball as an inviting target and started flirting with the Har Ganeth Witch Elf. She naturally frenzied and blitzed down the dear Professeur. While flying through the air Calculus calculated how he should land on the ball so that it would bounce through the hands of a Bull Centaur and Dark Elf Lineman before landing in the waiting hands of lab assistant Beaker the Hobgoblin. This started another slow trod towards the goal and ended in the Dwarfs walking in the 2-1 lead TD just before end of the match.

Thanks again for game Gnaarkill, you really made me sweat with your movement today. Better luck with the dodges in the rest!

Lars

Quote from: tags on April 09, 2022, 09:58:17 AMHey Lars, I can probably fit in a game most times Sunday or Monday, maybe even later today (Saturday). After that, my Easter might become a bit busy. Let me know what your schedule looks like.
We can play at 10:00 tomorrow (Sunday)

/Lars

tags

Quote from: Lars on April 09, 2022, 07:58:39 PM
Quote from: tags on April 09, 2022, 09:58:17 AMHey Lars, I can probably fit in a game most times Sunday or Monday, maybe even later today (Saturday). After that, my Easter might become a bit busy. Let me know what your schedule looks like.

/Lars

Hi, sorry, just reading this now and I'm afraid I'm more busy these days than I thought I would be. Not gonna make 10, but I think I could do 12?

Lars

Quote from: tags on April 10, 2022, 01:16:15 AM
Quote from: Lars on April 09, 2022, 07:58:39 PM

/Lars

Hi, sorry, just reading this now and I'm afraid I'm more busy these days than I thought I would be. Not gonna make 10, but I think I could do 12?
12 Will work as well

tags

A tale of two halves resulted in a hard-fought draw between Norse and Humans.

Luck stats are a bit misleading, to be honest. First half was even-ish, but the Norse had slightly better dice overall, ensuring a solid drive and keeping possession and scoring even with risky play for the benefit of stalling and causing damage. So Nuffle was definitely on the Norse side for the first half.

Second half started out quite even as well, with trading blows and fighting for possession. Turn 12, however, changed all that:

Kamprads Classic found the fight in them, and scored a KO on an Ulfwerener and a dead -> apo -> MNG against a blodge guard piece, which upset the balance of power significantly. Further turns just cemented Kamprads strength advantage, to the point where the Norse were just ragdolls unable to play defence.

Taking their time, though, there was only time for one touchdown in the second half, which means the match ended 1-1.

Thanks for the game Lars, it was a fun one!

Memofin

This was an interesting game.

Halflings were flying from left and right and all my poor lizards were able to smell, was burgers and grease.
Grease were in fact a brilliant plan from their coach. He seem to have ordered all of his players to grease themselves up before the game. Lizards did find that really irritating. They smelled so good, but poor hungry lizards didn't get a hold of those delicious little things.
They were so hungry for the kill, that they forget that those treeman are dangerous things. 2 of those sauruses paid the price and scared rest of them back to the game.

In meantime skinks didn't understand what was so special about those smelly things, so all they wanted to do was score some points.

There were some bad luck in this game. ( stats don't show that :p) Halflings failed dodge rolls and landings. But WiGdoor managed stay positive and even joked about those rolls.
WiGdoor, it was a pleasure to play with you and I hope that your luck is better in coming games :)

Mr B

Last game in the book.
And this had some injuries for sure.
Quite little blood lust wise but.
Anyhow, Ogres started and went to defence Vamps flying in as bats, and One Ogre tried that.. it did not work..
Ball steal and 1-0 to vamps

Rushed in and could gain 1-1 before half time.
Quite under presure now, the vamp just went wilde moved in and Ogre defence failed as RR had to go to the block, and the GFI the left it to open. 2-1.
Orges went bananas and forced a quick score to be able to win this..
And some turn later we had 2-2.
Almost similar as the other but now Ogres managed to slam down the defence and vamp with the other way, throwing the ball deep was securing the draw or not, but the fumble made the ball stay.
Turn after the blitz failed both down, and firm stood the vamp, who then failed a dodge from a little one.
From there we could scoop up the ball and secure 2-3.

Well done as always Saitani!

BR
B