Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, February 11, 2022, 04:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 21, 2022, 09:42:34 AMTags, brotha!

Time for your pale humans to meet my pale elves!

When is a good time to play? I would prefer:
Tuesday: 20 - 21
Wednesday: 20 - 21
Friday: 19 - late

/Gnaar

Ooh, elfs! That have more armour than my norse, admittedly :D

I think Tuesday 20 works well for me!

Gnaarkill

Cool!
See you tomorrow then! :)

/Gnaar

Mr B

Quote from: atte1979 on March 19, 2022, 11:49:22 PM
Quote from: Mr B on March 18, 2022, 07:15:31 AM
Quote from: atte1979 on March 18, 2022, 12:38:21 AM
Quote from: Mr B on March 18, 2022, 12:14:00 AMAtte.. time for a win.
When do you want it?
21 Scandinavian time works best for me.
But what day best Thursday maybe?
Hey B.

I'm not sure if I can survive the onslaught of 4 ogres, let alone win it. But miracles happen sometimes.

Tomorrow I have a day off from work, so if you want/can play tomorrow between 10.00 and 14.00 CET that would work for me. Besides that this weekend is already booked full. Next week I'm able to play on Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the evening. Then I would prefer a kick-off about 19.00 CET, at latest 20.00 CET.

Let me know if any of those times suit you.
Let's plan Wednesday then.  I'll try to start 19:30 utc then.
Is that 20:30 EET (GMT +2)?
Yes, that should be correct GMT+2 now is 0007, typing this as 2307 Scandinavian time which is UTC +1, currently

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 21, 2022, 11:36:59 AMCool!
See you tomorrow then! :)

/Gnaar

So sorry for the late notice Gnaar, but I'm unable to play today as something just came up. Can you do tomorrow (Wednesday) at 21?

J-Reedy

Another violent So Pro MAD Serfs match where you couldn't see the field from the trees as the Brisk Burgers were reinforced by Deeproot the star tree. Also on the menu was a buffet served by a Halfling Master Chef, but that proved to be bit too unsuited for Chaos Dwarf taste as the Master Chef only attracted one coach from the MAD team all through the match.

But that said, the little furry-footed ones proved to be tough cookies, taking blocks like champs and falling down like chumps but refusing to let the hits penetrate their chubby skins. Only thing that seemed to hurt them was getting thrown into the ground by their Tree-teammates. Constant bad landings made this a fast game where usually slow Chaos Dwarfs managed to get the ball to the goal three times.

Thanks again for the match, WiGdoor, better luck with those throws in the rest!

hakos

The noble game has been played. The players were perhaps not so noble out on the field but at least the coaches behaved nobly by politely commenting bad rolls from the opponent while smiling happily on the inside.

First the knights were on the offence, but they never managed to get the ball under control. Two failed pickups and skinks swarming all over ensured that. The lizards lost some players while eagerly reaching out for the ball but in turn 6 they scored a defensive touch down.

Knights then managed a nice two turner to even it out to 1-1 after first half. Although it took a very lucky bounce to make that happen. The pass failed but the ball bounced into the hands of the intended catcher anyway. Wow.

Second half it was 11 humans versus 7 scaly ones. Althouhg the scaly ones was on the offence. Could they slip through? At first it seemed they got trapped but finally one skink got the ball and did indeed sneak out from the meatgrinder. But the skink was unprotected and a squire could knock him down while another squire picked up the ball. The winning 2-1 goal happened in turn 15.

Thanks for the game Memofin. Well played but the lack of a full saurus line really helped me to get the upper hand today.

/hakos

tags

It finally happened, Nuffle cast His Blessings upon the Norse!

The first half was a really interesting back-and-forth, with the ebb and flow of positioning and battle. The second half, however, Nuffle really put his finger on the scales and removed too many Dark Elves for it to remain competetive.

Still, no players had to be permanently retired, so could've been worse I guess.

And Gnaarkill is a great sport as always, despite heavy losses. Thanks for the match, and good luck further on!

atte1979

Hello @Mr B.

First I apologize for missing our match tonight. After sleeping poorly last night I thought I'd take a one hour nap before our match that turned into a five hour coma from which I just woke up of.

Secondly I throw myself to the mercy of the court. I will concede the match in a heartbeat if you want me to, or we can re-schedule the match. The decision is entirely yours and I will comply with it.

Should you decide to want to re-schedule our match, I'm available on Friday night anytime after 17.00 CET, or anytime on Sunday until 21.00 CET.
Next week I'm available like I was this week: Monday, Wednesday or Friday evenings with the kick-off between 19.00 and 21.00 at the latest.

Mr B

Quote from: atte1979 on March 19, 2022, 11:49:22 PM
Quote from: Mr B on March 18, 2022, 07:15:31 AM
Quote from: atte1979 on March 18, 2022, 12:38:21 AM
Quote from: Mr B on March 18, 2022, 12:14:00 AMAtte.. time for a win.
When do you want it?
21 Scandinavian time works best for me.
But what day best Thursday maybe?
Hey B.

I'm not sure if I can survive the onslaught of 4 ogres, let alone win it. But miracles happen sometimes.

Tomorrow I have a day off from work, so if you want/can play tomorrow between 10.00 and 14.00 CET that would work for me. Besides that this weekend is already booked full. Next week I'm able to play on Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the evening. Then I would prefer a kick-off about 19.00 CET, at latest 20.00 CET.

Let me know if any of those times suit you.
Let's plan Wednesday then.  I'll try to start 19:30 utc then.
Is that 20:30 EET (GMT +2)?
Dude.. om very sorry. I have double booked this evening.
Is it possible to reschedule next Tuesday or something?
Same time which is after summer time.
Aiming for 20:30 EET again?

Mr B

Quote from: atte1979 on March 23, 2022, 11:22:50 PMHello @Mr B.

First I apologize for missing our match tonight. After sleeping poorly last night I thought I'd take a one hour nap before our match that turned into a five hour coma from which I just woke up of.

Secondly I throw myself to the mercy of the court. I will concede the match in a heartbeat if you want me to, or we can re-schedule the match. The decision is entirely yours and I will comply with it.

Should you decide to want to re-schedule our match, I'm available on Friday night anytime after 17.00 CET, or anytime on Sunday until 21.00 CET.
Next week I'm available like I was this week: Monday, Wednesday or Friday evenings with the kick-off between 19.00 and 21.00 at the latest.
Haha

Well well.. that was some timing
Wednesday then... sorry

atte1979

Quote from: Mr B on March 24, 2022, 01:05:07 PM
Quote from: atte1979 on March 23, 2022, 11:22:50 PMHello @Mr B.

Haha

Well well.. that was some timing
Wednesday then... sorry

Lets aim for that, Wednesday 20.30 EET.

Mr B

atte1979