Kamprads Classics (Humans) - Lars
Non-Fungible Team (Norse) - tags
Old Skool Orks III (Orcs) - Atte1979
Siblings Of Shrek (Ogre) - Mr. B
s0 pRO MAD 53rFs (Chaos Dwarf) - J-Reedy
Steel of Sweden (Bretonnian) - Hakos
The Brisk Burgers (Halflings) - WiGdoor

J-Reedy

OK folks, the new season has been kicked off in BB2, match days have been input onto forums and everything is ready go GO GO GO!
Play on, mates.

Memofin, looks like we're up on first round. Superbowl Sunday is messing up my daily routine for few days, so I won't be available for few days. But, this is what I currently have available for EET (Suomen aikaa!) gaming:
- Tuesday-Thursday 18-21
- Saturday (the 19th) any time after 12.

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir!

atte1979

Hello Lars.

It seems that we're starting off with a classic of humans vs. orcs.

When would you prefer to play? Tomorrow evening could work for me. Next week I'm available on either monday or wednesday evenings, kick-off earliest 19.00 EET. Everything else after that is difficult to arrange but not impossible.

hakos

Ok, first game of the new season is played. It was a nailbiter all the way to the end but Bretonnians managed to squeak out a narrow 2-1 victory over the Ogres+Gnoblar team.

Bretonnians started on offence but Ogres got a blitz and decided to go full speed ahead. When the knights failed a total of 4 pick-up attempts they really had their back against the wall. Or in this case, a blocker managed to catch the ball after some bounces while standing in the Bretonnian touch down zone with only 3 turns left and some gnoblars guarding him. It looked dark, but some blocks later and a handover to a blitzer who ran hard, it was possible to score in turn 8. Taking the ball from one touch down zone to another in three turns.

Second half the ogres were on offence and seemingly impossible to stop. The only thing to do was to pressure them as much as possible to force them to score early. And so they did after four turns. 1-1.

Third and final drive, Bretonnian knights decided to be very dauntless and knocked down the entire LOS consisting of three Ogres. After that it was possible to get the ball into the right flank with a fairly good meat shield between the ball carrier and the ugly ogres. In turn 15 all looked set. One lonely Gnoblar had managed to survive all blocks and even marked the ball carrier but a simple 3+ dodge with RR should be enough to score. Nope, the gnoblar managed to trip the blocker so he lost the ball. Although it landed in the hands of a blitzer so all hope was not lost. One ogre and 3 Gnoblar guarded the blitzer when turn 16 started. But it turned out to be possible to block away all Gnoblars and then score the 2-1 goal in turn 16.

Thanks for the game Bantha. As expected it was a tough game. Those Gnoblars drove me crazy. Seems we could not stop the offence for each other and when looking at the luck stats it seems I was a bit less unlucky than you. Especially the casualties really helped me. I think you did all you could, but that bone head by your blitzing Ogre in turn 16 really sealed the deal.

/hakos

tags

Ok Wigdoor, I think most weekday evenings work for me this week! Let me know!

Mr B

Quote from: hakos on February 12, 2022, 11:58:23 PM
Ok, first game of the new season is played. It was a nailbiter all the way to the end but Bretonnians managed to squeak out a narrow 2-1 victory over the Ogres+Gnoblar team.

Bretonnians started on offence but Ogres got a blitz and decided to go full speed ahead. When the knights failed a total of 4 pick-up attempts they really had their back against the wall. Or in this case, a blocker managed to catch the ball after some bounces while standing in the Bretonnian touch down zone with only 3 turns left and some gnoblars guarding him. It looked dark, but some blocks later and a handover to a blitzer who ran hard, it was possible to score in turn 8. Taking the ball from one touch down zone to another in three turns.

Second half the ogres were on offence and seemingly impossible to stop. The only thing to do was to pressure them as much as possible to force them to score early. And so they did after four turns. 1-1.

Third and final drive, Bretonnian knights decided to be very dauntless and knocked down the entire LOS consisting of three Ogres. After that it was possible to get the ball into the right flank with a fairly good meat shield between the ball carrier and the ugly ogres. In turn 15 all looked set. One lonely Gnoblar had managed to survive all blocks and even marked the ball carrier but a simple 3+ dodge with RR should be enough to score. Nope, the gnoblar managed to trip the blocker so he lost the ball. Although it landed in the hands of a blitzer so all hope was not lost. One ogre and 3 Gnoblar guarded the blitzer when turn 16 started. But it turned out to be possible to block away all Gnoblars and then score the 2-1 goal in turn 16.

Thanks for the game Bantha. As expected it was a tough game. Those Gnoblars drove me crazy. Seems we could not stop the offence for each other and when looking at the luck stats it seems I was a bit less unlucky than you. Especially the casualties really helped me. I think you did all you could, but that bone head by your blitzing Ogre in turn 16 really sealed the deal.

/hakos
Yes that 1 rr 1 on blitz was it. It would have been 3dice on ballkeeper but also a push.
And noo our both band spell SOS  ;D
Thanks for the game

Lars

Quote from: atte1979 on February 12, 2022, 06:05:14 PM
Hello Lars.

It seems that we're starting off with a classic of humans vs. orcs.

When would you prefer to play? Tomorrow evening could work for me. Next week I'm available on either monday or wednesday evenings, kick-off earliest 19.00 EET. Everything else after that is difficult to arrange but not impossible.

Can play tonight will try to check the discord regularly so we can decide when to start.

WiGdoor

Quote from: tags on February 13, 2022, 12:23:01 AM

How 'bout Tuesday at 18? :)

Lars

The game was a product of rain ball was slippery and hard to handle and when someone finally had got the grip of it some bastard came running and beat him down, then the process of trying to grab the slippery bastard started again.
In  the second half not only the ball was working against the orcs also the armor started to fail resulting in 2 injuries but in the and no one managed to score.

Thanks for the match Atte and may coming matches be nicer to you.

/Lars

tags

Quote from: WiGdoor on February 13, 2022, 01:06:36 PM

Tuesday at 18 is probably too early for me I'm afraid, I can start 2030 at the earliest, does that work?

If not, I should be able to start Thursday from about 18 I think

WiGdoor

Quote from: tags on February 14, 2022, 08:58:55 AM

Tuesday at 18 is probably too early for me I'm afraid, I can start 2030 at the earliest, does that work?

Aight, I can make 20:30 work. Cya on Tuesday!

Memofin

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 12, 2022, 05:19:36 PM
OK folks, the new season has been kicked off in BB2, match days have been input onto forums and everything is ready go GO GO GO!
Play on, mates.

Memofin, looks like we're up on first round. Superbowl Sunday is messing up my daily routine for few days, so I won't be available for few days. But, this is what I currently have available for EET (Suomen aikaa!) gaming:
- Tuesday-Thursday 18-21
- Saturday (the 19th) any time after 12.

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir!

Hey! Tuesday or Wednesday at around 20.00 would work for me. Saturday after 20.00 works too.

tags

Quote from: WiGdoor on February 14, 2022, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: tags on February 14, 2022, 08:58:55 AM

Aight, I can make 20:30 work. Cya on Tuesday!

Good stuff, see you then!

J-Reedy

Quote from: Memofin on February 14, 2022, 12:07:24 PM
Hey! Tuesday or Wednesday at around 20.00 would work for me. Saturday after 20.00 works too.

OK, let's aim for Tuesday then! Wednesday as a backup. You can ping me in Discord if something comes up.

Memofin

Quote from: J-Reedy on February 14, 2022, 01:47:49 PM
Quote from: Memofin on February 14, 2022, 12:07:24 PM

OK, let's aim for Tuesday then! Wednesday as a backup. You can ping me in Discord if something comes up.

It's a date!