Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, February 11, 2022, 04:13:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All righty, first match for the MAD Serfs and Elizardbeth's spawn has been played. Even match where the Lizardfolk got the first score after some of the short-legged ones abandoned their post on the flank and Skinks managed to swarm into the backfield. Second half the Chaos Dwarfs managed to take the game to the edge of the field and push off a Saurus which gave them room to breath and walk in a TD at the final minute of the second half.

Thanks again for the game, Memofin, and better luck in the rest!

tags

Wow, what a rollercoaster.

I went in thinking "Halflings, that's a brave choice", and promptly underestimated the carnage three trees can do on poorly armoured norsemen. The first half was a bit of a nightmare, I ended up down 1-0 even though I received, with one berserker MNG and a several linemen KO'd, only one of which recovered for second half. Not the way I imagined it going.

I have to kick to start the second half, and the very first thing that happens is that a tree kills my lineman. Had pretty much mentally resigned at this point.

But a perhaps over-optimistic carrier throw opened up an opportunity for an equalizer, and through some frankly quite lucky passing play and a few bounces later, I was able to run in the 1-1.

I counted myself quite lucky to escape with a draw, but there was 3 turns left, and I had just 6 norsemen left on the pitch. It was going to be a tough defence. As it turns out, it was a perfect defence. I did go for it, and put 5 of my 6 guys on the line, although 3 of them had forced contact with trees.

Trees were running out of luck, though, as the second tree had to choose BD, which caused a turnover. Norse on the line were fast enough to move in and pick up the ball, as the tree had gone down before the halflings had attempted to pick it up. The merc tree blitzed towards the carrier, but failed the GFI! Suddenly, the norse lineman carrying the pigskin was in a 2 GFI range of a touchdown! But fool me once, shame... on... we can't get fooled again. So I stopped within 2 squares of the TD line, and the 1D blitz from a halfling resulted in a BD.

Amazingly, I got the W, even though I was sure I was losing at half-time. Them's the blood bowls, I guess.

Thanks for the match WiGdoor, and commiserations, I'm sure that surprising turnaround at the end there left a little sour taste in your mouth, but you sure played in the true spirit of a halfling team! No lack of acrobatics!

Lars

Was the last match going to be admin win for Gnar in that case should we start the next match day?

/Lars

tags

Yep, match day forwarded!