Match Day 9

Started by J-Reedy, February 11, 2022, 04:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atte1979

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 27, 2022, 05:16:29 PMNo worries, no hurry to play today. But tomorrow is booked, I'm going to a movie, and on Friday I have board gaming night. But weekend is still totally free. Next week I can do Monday-Wednesday at 18-21.
My weekend opened up, maybe we could play our match on Saturday or Sunday?

J-Reedy

Quote from: atte1979 on April 28, 2022, 08:10:49 PMMy weekend opened up, maybe we could play our match on Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday after 19.00 will work or any time during the day on Sunday. How about Saturday at 20?

atte1979

Quote from: J-Reedy on April 29, 2022, 08:49:36 AM
Quote from: atte1979 on April 28, 2022, 08:10:49 PMMy weekend opened up, maybe we could play our match on Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday after 19.00 will work or any time during the day on Sunday. How about Saturday at 20?
Saturday @ 20 sounds good, let's do that.

Memofin

Oh my what a game. Never seen so many ones in one game. There were total of 16 failed bonehead rolls in this game.

From the start ogres failed important rolls for bonehead, and that opened ways for skinks to go deep and make screen for the ball.

On top of that, my rolls were super lucky ( krox didn't fail bonehead even once) and my chef stole first half 3 rerolls and in second 2 from bantha.

Bantha did play insanely good, but luck was not with him. I do hope that in next games your luck changes for better.

It was pleasure to play and talk with you. catch you in next games :)

Mr B

Quote from: Memofin on April 29, 2022, 12:05:44 PM

Oh my what a game. Never seen so many ones in one game. There were total of 16 failed bonehead rolls in this game.

From the start ogres failed important rolls for bonehead, and that opened ways for skinks to go deep and make screen for the ball.

On top of that, my rolls were super lucky ( krox didn't fail bonehead even once) and my chef stole first half 3 rerolls and in second 2 from bantha.

Bantha did play insanely good, but luck was not with him. I do hope that in next games your luck changes for better.

It was pleasure to play and talk with you. catch you in next games :)
Hehe thanks man.
Its was uphill from start.
The Rock that stunned the same ogre twice in same game..to mentioned some. And it was there turn 0 so to speak.
I think the worst part was the double 1 with gnob with the ball going to setup for 1-1 was my worst super unlucky part.
Boneheads I can deal with. I think one Ogre failed 4 BHs in row so he was activate turn 5
But fun game anyhow. You had to fight to get that 1-0. Happy with that.
But skinks really was armoured.
Took hit after hit like nothing.

I'll be happy when the next game comes up for us. See if some revenge can be managed.
Cheers mate
B

J-Reedy

Damn. Had a match report already almost finished and went to check the Match Report tab and accidentally closed the report. So shortened version of the events follows.

MAD started on offence. Rush of KOs gave the Dwarfs enough room for a walk in TD at the waning minutes of the first half. No injuries on the Orcs bashing down.

Second half, MAD Serfs Blitz and the rookie Hobgoblin Tintin gets under the ball and catches it. Orcs KO Tintin and for a while ball is contested. Then Orcs get the ball to their Blitzer who runs so far that no MAD one can reach him while other Orcs tie down the Dwarfs. Looks like Orcs could stall but two Hobgoblins and Bull Centaur manage to free themselves and Orcs go for TD. 1-1 and So Pro MAD Serfs have 4 downs to score.

High Kick, Hobgoblin gets the ball. Orcs put all in defence and down the ball-carrier running distance away from goal and swamp the ball. Game looks like a tie but MADs go for it. Bull Centaur blitzes himself free and runs to the endzone. Knocked down ball-carrier gets up, picks up the ball and let's loose a Long Pass to Dr. Frankenstein waiting in the endzone. Miraculous throw and catch later MAD ones celebrate 2-1 victory.

Thanks again for the game, Atte. This was tight and exciting one and would've been a draw if not for that Elf-like end play. Good luck in the next season!

atte1979

Are there play-offs to be played after the regular season? If yes, with how many teams?

J-Reedy

Yes. With our current 10-12 teams top 4 will play playoffs, regular season 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3.

With 8 teams or below only top 2 will play in a final.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on April 26, 2022, 08:16:42 PMDarkest of the dark

Foulest of the foul

Evilest of the evil

When shall we face off on the field?

I can play friday evening and any time during the weekend

/hakos

Yo, Hakos!

I'm sorry about the absence here.
Been a busy couple of days...

I can play:

Tonight: 20 - 21
Tuesday: 20 - 21
Wednesday: 20 - 21
Thursday: 21

Friday and weekend is no go.
If none of the times work we have to go for next week.

/Gnaar

hakos

Quote from: Gnaarkill on May 02, 2022, 01:27:13 PM
Quote from: hakos on April 26, 2022, 08:16:42 PMDarkest of the dark

Foulest of the foul

Evilest of the evil

When shall we face off on the field?

I can play friday evening and any time during the weekend

/hakos

Yo, Hakos!

I'm sorry about the absence here.
Been a busy couple of days...

I can play:

Tonight: 20 - 21
Tuesday: 20 - 21
Wednesday: 20 - 21
Thursday: 21

Friday and weekend is no go.
If none of the times work we have to go for next week.

/Gnaar

Ok, let's face off at Tuesday 20:00 /hakos

tags

Well, clearly I'm happy about every win I can take home, but this felt kinda bad. I've never seen a vampire team self-destruct quite so spectacularly before.

For the first half, there were 17 succesful and 4 failed bloodlust rolls. Ok, so failed 19% instead of the statistical average of 16.6%? Yeah, kinda bad luck, but not hilariously bad.

Second half: Failed _50%_ of the bloodlust rolls. 7/14. That is just insane.

Not only that, but 5 of the failed bloodlust rolls resulted in injuries (badly hurt or mng).

So yeah, uh, while Saitani played well throughout and defended succesfully in the first half, nothing could be done about Nuffle deciding this was bloodletting day. Stats don't really tell the whole story here. It was unfair, can't say the better player won today, but I'll take it.

Well played Saitani, you made the best of a horrible situation, and to your massive credit, you acted gracefully in the face of horrible dice. Thanks for the match.

WiGdoor

I'll unfortunately not be able to squeeze in a game for a while, so I gotta leave a WO.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on May 02, 2022, 07:20:11 PMOk, let's face off at Tuesday 20:00 /hakos

Cool!
See you tonight mate!

/Gnaar

Lars

Quote from: WiGdoor on May 02, 2022, 10:51:46 PMI'll unfortunately not be able to squeeze in a game for a while, so I gotta leave a WO.
Sorry to hear this but got this message from you when we had scheduled the match for Monday 2 May @ 20:00.
Hope your schedule will ease up for coming season

/Lars

hakos

Ok, seems the regular season is done with only a WO match left.

After a quite even match versus the dark elf it seems the Bretonnians end up in second place. And all other teams in top4 are the three ones we have lost against. Looking forward to the revenge game now.

As for the Bretonnian vs Dark Elf game it ended in 2-2 since no one could defend at any time. Elves just dodged through like my players was not there. While the Bretonnian simply did a slow walk forward while their armour protected them from any damage.

First half elves attacked, were squeezed against the border and had to score after 3 turns. That left plenty of time for the Bretonnians to equalize in turn 8

Second half it looked fairly good with some knightly advantage and being on the offence. But the sneaky elves blitzed and scored within three turns. Nothing left but for the Bretonnians to settle for the equalizer by quite the normal caging and slow walk forward. However, it was much easier this time since almost every hit resulted in a player leaving the field for the elves. In the end they preferred to lay down instead of standing up, getting hit again. 2-2 was scored in turn 16 with all elves lying down.

Thanks for the game Gnaar. It was fairly even after all. Sorry for the death of your favorite blitzer.

/hakos