Playoffs

Started by J-Reedy, May 04, 2022, 08:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All righty, regular season is done, so time for top 4 to settle the champion. Looks like it will be up to Chaos Dwarfs to stop the domination of three Human teams. Here are the pairings:

s0 pRO MAD 53rFs (Chaos Dwarfs) vs. Non-Fungible Team (Norse)
Kamprads Classic (Human) vs. Steel of Sweden (Bretonnian)

League has been created in client, MAD Serfs are alreay in. We'll kick off when the Human teams make it in.

Lars

have added my team
/Lars

tags

J-Reedy

And we're off!

Tags, here are my OK CEST start times as far as I can see:
- Saturday any time after 11.
- Tuesday-Thursday 18-20.30

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. Will know more about next week after weekend if nescessary.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on May 06, 2022, 07:48:31 AM

And we're off!

Tags, here are my OK CEST start times as far as I can see:
- Saturday any time after 11.
- Tuesday-Thursday 18-20.30

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. Will know more about next week after weekend if nescessary.

First opportunity is Wednesday at 2030, I'm pretty sure that will work!

Lars

Hakos an me will play Saturday around 13ish

/Lars

hakos

Congratulations to the Victory Lazer. Just as in the regular season you just crushed me. Nothing I could do. Good luck in the final. /hakos

Lars

As Hakos said the match between the carpenters of Sweden vs the inventors of Sweden once more turned out in the favor of the carpenters.

The IKEA guys won the toss an choose to begin with the ball. That let Team IKEA inflict one injury and a ko right from the get go but it also started the slippery slope of using re-rolls early. The ball was moved forward with a very lose defense and  steels of Sweden was force backwards to tend to possible scoring threats that moved forward. IKEA team was out of re-rolls already in round 3. and therefore choose to score early when they already had the ball under control. The early scoring by the IKEA dudes gave the steels of Sweden a golden opportunity to score in opponents half with 4 rounds to go. But Nuffle said no and gave the IKEA gang a blitz as kick-off event and allowed the Kamprads classics blitzers to go stand next to the ball for the rest of the half.

In second half Hakos got even more cursed when almost all GFI and dodges turned into ones causing loss of ball and a lot of injuries.
But in the few last rounds he at least managed to stop a third goal for the Kamprad classics. Giving the match a result of 2-0 for the Kamprad classics.

Thanks for the match Hakos and cya next season.

/Lazer

J-Reedy

Quote from: tags on May 06, 2022, 09:38:59 AMFirst opportunity is Wednesday at 2030, I'm pretty sure that will work!

Confirming Wednesday! Just ping me here or Discord if something comes up.

tags

Well, the stats tell a very misleading story here to be honest.

Match started off pretty well for the Serfs, removing two Norse players from the pitch in the very first turn. Norse were being pushed around and surrounded, and I pretty much felt like this was going to be the last match for quite a few of the Norse players.

The Serfs took their time in advancing though, and had only moved about a quarter of the pitch in the first 5 turns. But in the Norse's fifth turn, things suddenly pivoted. The chorfs were fully engaged and feeling quietly confident in their bashing game, as probably they should, but some norse were obviously not having it.

During turn 5 and 6, NFT inflicted 3 badly hurt and one KO, stealing the ball, and pretty much securing a counter-touchdown in the process.

The relevant luck is highlighted, and it pretty much decided the match:

And sure, JR had some pretty decent dice after that, but with his team pretty hobbled, what he could do was very limited.

So yeah, 2-1 to the Norse, after a couple of extremely decisive casualty turns.

Thanks for the match JR, sorry about the dice, and see you next season!

J-Reedy

And there we have it, the pair of the best, and now it's up to them to decide the bestest of the best. Congrats on making it to the finals, play on!

tags

All right Lars, looks like it's us!

I'm sorry to say I've got a busy few days ahead with a combination of work and prep for having a bunch of guests over for the Norwegian constitution day on Tuesday, so I think Wednesday evening is my earliest convenience. How does your mid-to-late next week look?

Mr B

Quote from: tags on May 12, 2022, 11:44:03 PMAll right Lars, looks like it's us!

I'm sorry to say I've got a busy few days ahead with a combination of work and prep for having a bunch of guests over for the Norwegian constitution day on Tuesday, so I think Wednesday evening is my earliest convenience. How does your mid-to-late next week look?
I must root for you!
It was 1-1 in the normal round between you two.
But I was crushed by Kampard so..

Lars

Quote from: tags on May 12, 2022, 11:44:03 PMAll right Lars, looks like it's us!

Hello tags

Has a bit stressful at work at the moment but hopefully i don't need to work over time Wednesday evening. So i suggest to try to start the match 20:00 on Wednesday. If my status change I will give you some heads up.

/Lars

tags

Quote from: Lars on May 16, 2022, 12:37:34 PM

Hello tags

Has a bit stressful at work at the moment but hopefully i don't need to work over time Wednesday evening. So i suggest to try to start the match 20:00 on Wednesday. If my status change I will give you some heads up.

/Lars

Sounds good, may have to push it to 2030 though.