Fangless Freshmen (Vampire) - Saitani
Har Ganeth BB (Dark Elf) - Gnaarkill
Kamprads Classics (Humans) - Lars
Non-Fungible Team (Norse) - tags
Old Skool Orks III (Orcs) - Atte1979
s0 pRO MAD 53rFs (Chaos Dwarf) - J-Reedy
Steel of Sweden (Bretonnian) - Hakos

tags

All right, time for the very last match day for most of these teams in NUL (at least for a couple of seasons), as we're starting over with fresh rookie teams next season!

Since we're 8 teams this season, there won't be semi-finals, just a straight final for the top 2 teams. It seems like my violent norse already are shoe-ins, but there are very real chances for 3 teams to fill the second spot (potentially 4, but that would be a stretch).

I won't be able to play before middle of next week at the earliest, so for now, happy new year everyone!

hakos

This will be an interesting gamme. Seems myself and Tags are, by far, the most lucky coaches this season. And we are in 1st and 2nd place in the standing as well to prove it.

A loss for me and I am very likely out of the final. This has the feel of a semi-final for me. Unfortunately I have not won a single game versus those frenzied Norwegian Norse berserksers yet and the team looks terrifying.

@Tags: I am on vacation the entire next week and can thus play almost whenever. Just let me know what suits you.

@All: Happy new NUL year!

/hakos

Gnaarkill

Happy NUL year everyone! :D

Lazer, let's plan our match next week since im not sure about my schedule with new house, work and city.
Ill post again next week :)

/Gnaarkill

tags

Quote from: hakos on December 31, 2022, 10:28:21 AMThis will be an interesting gamme. Seems myself and Tags are, by far, the most lucky coaches this season. And we are in 1st and 2nd place in the standing as well to prove it.

A loss for me and I am very likely out of the final. This has the feel of a semi-final for me. Unfortunately I have not won a single game versus those frenzied Norwegian Norse berserksers yet and the team looks terrifying.

@Tags: I am on vacation the entire next week and can thus play almost whenever. Just let me know what suits you.

@All: Happy new NUL year!

/hakos

Yeah, from looking at the records, it looks like I've won all three of these matchups exactly 2-1, remarkably consistent :D

Well, even with that, anything can happen in Blood Bowl! All it takes is a couple of nasty AV7 breaks, and my team is a lot less scary, just ask J-R :P

I can play the next few evenings, including this one. What about 20:00 tonight for example?

hakos

Quote from: tags on January 02, 2023, 01:00:14 PMI can play the next few evenings, including this one. What about 20:00 tonight for example?

I am a bit more busy now compared to how it looked before new year. Suitable times would be wednesday starting at 20 or friday starting whenever.

/hakos

tags

Quote from: hakos on January 02, 2023, 11:25:56 PM
Quote from: tags on January 02, 2023, 01:00:14 PMI can play the next few evenings, including this one. What about 20:00 tonight for example?

I am a bit more busy now compared to how it looked before new year. Suitable times would be wednesday starting at 20 or friday starting whenever.

/hakos

Wednesday starting 20 sounds perfect, let's do it!

J-Reedy

All righty, New year is out of the way, so schedule has cleared. Saitani, time to see if your non-fangs will get stuck on my players beards. Here are my OK start times, CET as is the standard:

- Tuesday (today) 17-20
- Wednesday/Thursday 17-19
- Saturday 9-late

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. I'll have to make a family visit on Saturday but I can plan around the game easy if I get info on the time early.

Gnaarkill

Yo Lars!

These are my OK starting times:
Today (Tuesday): 20 - 21
Wednesday: 19 - 21
Thursday: 19 - 21
Sunday: All day (Preferably early, like 10).

/Gnaarkill

Saitani

Ye i can do the game today shall we say 19.00?

J-Reedy

Today at 19 works fine, see you then!

J-Reedy

Well, this was a nail-biter of a game where MAD Serfs managed to keep their hopes for the final alive with a last second TD.

Match started with Pro Chaos folk going on offense but the first ones to score were the paler folk. A sudden burst of fireball in middle of a side switch gave the Fangless students an opening that they used expertly to steal the ball and run far into MAD side of the field. The Dwarfs were slow to get up from the fireball, so the Freshmen managed to stall their 1-0 score almost to the end.

At the next kickoff the skies decided to even the heat ratio of air by opening up and sending in some pouring rain that lasted until end of the game. After some pointless violence and tea and cookies at the half-time, it was time for second half. Freshmen with their KO thinned ranks were planning to break through on their right but instead it was the Pros that went into action, Blitzing a Centaur under the ball. This resulted in a wrestling match where both sides held the ball alternatively until Vampire side ran out of players to pick up the ball. Hobgoblin Beaker the second ran in the equalizing TD but the MAD coach was shaking his head as there were only at the most three plays left on the clock.

Fortunately for the bearded folk, the kick landed deep and the Vampire sent to pick it up fumbled the pickup. Swarm of Hobgoblins and a Centaur rushed in with Vampire side trying to screen them. But in the end Beaker II decided to take the hero roll, running in to pick up the ball after Mr. Frankenstein had cleared the butter-fingered Vampire, fumbling around with the ball a bit before securing it and then jumping in with extra effort.

Quick game where both of us played bit loose, I think both of us had misclick if not two during the match and I totally forgot Saitani had induced a Harry Potter for himself. Saitani played excellent game as always but KOs (large part of which were caused by Bloodlust) and injuries made the match impossible to handle in the end. Good luck in next season, Saitani! You deserve all the luck after this set. 

Memofin

This was last game for both of the teams and we both expected it to be a bloodbath (it wasn't). Orcs had hired dribblesnot and lizards answered with Slibli.

I decided to score quickly because of the bomber and tried to defend rest of the game. I managed to do that with some lucky blitz to the ballcarrier and pass with skinks.

Well played Atte, it was a pleasure like always.

Now to plan for the next season and a fresh team.

tags

Quote from: tags on January 03, 2023, 12:12:47 AM

/hakos

Looks like you were even busier than expected! Anyway, I think I can't do Friday, weekend looks a bit sketchy, so might run into next week then.

hakos

Quote from: tags on January 04, 2023, 08:13:24 PM
Quote from: tags on January 03, 2023, 12:12:47 AM

/hakos

Looks like you were even busier than expected! Anyway, I think I can't do Friday, weekend looks a bit sketchy, so might run into next week then.

I'm really sorry for missing this. Next week work starts again so it means that only evening times are available. Can start from 18-21 all days except wednesday.

/håkan