Fangless Freshmen (Vampire) - Saitani
Har Ganeth BB (Dark Elf) - Gnaarkill
Kamprads Classics (Humans) - Lars
Non-Fungible Team (Norse) - tags
Old Skool Orks III (Orcs) - Atte1979
s0 pRO MAD 53rFs (Chaos Dwarf) - J-Reedy
Steel of Sweden (Bretonnian) - Hakos

J-Reedy

Match day has been forwarded, so everything is ready for some festive bashing and blocking!

Tags-man, Julen närmar sig, so I'm pretty occupied for a week or so. It looks like that unless we get the game going this evening, the next available time slot for me will be exactly week from now, Wednesday the 28th.

So, if tonight suits you, sir, let me know and we'll cook up some Blood Bowl. If not, let me know when you'd be available to play from 28th to 30th, I'll be at work but as the schedules will be quite relaxed, I'm available almost any time on those days. The new year's weekend is still a total mystery for me if the weekdays before it are not good for you.

tags

I might be able to play this evening, but hard to guarantee an exact time! 20 CET should be safe, 19 CET is probable, 18 CET is potentially possible

atte1979

Hey Saitani.

Fancy a match a.s.a.p., today? I'm on sick leave atm and have nothing to do. If today's not good for you, I'm available this sunday also. After that I'm booked until next weekend. After that I'm available almost the whole week 2.-8.1.

Let me know what suits you, I'll try to make it work.

Atte

J-Reedy

Quote from: tags on December 21, 2022, 12:35:32 PMI might be able to play this evening, but hard to guarantee an exact time! 20 CET should be safe, 19 CET is probable, 18 CET is potentially possible

OK, no worries, I'm home all evening so just ping me at Discord when ready and I should be no further than 10 minutes away.

J-Reedy

And here we have one of the fastest scheduled and executed matches in NUL, finished in less than 12 hours after the end of previous round. This time the hastiness favoured the short folk who uncharacteristically for them found their injury gloves early and managed to remove an Ulfwener and guard line while the Norse concentrated on scoring their first TD. Norse also played very unfamiliar game to them, missing most of the blocks in early game. Add to that the very unexpected postponement of the TD caused by a lone Hobgoblin blitzing down the Norse Blitzer and the said Blitzer then failing a pick-up of the ball after he had took down the annoying Hobgoblin Marty. But the score was nevertheless made at the half-point of the opening half.

Late score meant that the MAD side had to move fast. Which is a pretty big ask for the shorter side of the Chaos enthusiasts. But luckily the Pro Serfs had their Hobgoblin assistants at hand who took charge of moving the ball. With some good blocking ahead of the assistants, the ball was picked up in center, fainted to the right and then delivered to left flank for a tying score there just before the end of the half.

Second half started with some annoyed Norse exacting violence. But it wasn't the Non-Fungible Team but their fans who stormed the field and stunned four MAD ones. Fortunately the ball had landed far enough from the line of scrimmage that Pro Serf assistants were not threatened at their task of securing the ball. Norse had sent large amount of their players through the line to harass the ball-carrier but after the carrier slipped away MADs managed to take these harassing players out of the play for the ball. This gave the Chaotic ones chance to move slower and in pretty straight line towards the goal at right flank. But the Norse recovered soon and got their players back into their side of the field, so the Chaos Dwarfs were forced for early score pretty soon after the the halfpoint.

The second attack of the Norse seemed cursed as the cunning Dwarfs played a Perfect Defence on the theme which resulted in pressure on the ball deep in Norse side. This forced the Norse to go through the line early without optimum coverage and MADs managed to surround the ball-carrier so that he was forced to take desperate dodging measures. The match ended with five MAD Pros standing next to the ball and daring anyone to try to pick it up.

This game felt pretty eventful. TAGS had horrid blocking dice on his first attack but he managed to get removals with good percentage nevertheless. After the first attack it felt the dice evened out. This really good have went either way, stellar play from Tags-man as always. Good luck in the rest!

hakos

And here we have another fast scheduled match. Half the matches of the day are done within one day. Must be a record of some sort?

It has been a roller coaster day for the Bretonnians. In the morning they faced the Orks they have never lost against and lost. And in the evening they faced the humans they have never won against and won.

But the Bretonnians can not take the full glory for this win. A big thank you to the Norse who thinned out the human ranks in the previous game making them much easier to handle today. One benfit of the thin ranks is that Morg n Thorg could join the humans and he was fearsome as always.

But first half first. Bretonnians allowed the humans to attack but quickly changed the human advantage to a disadvantage by removing one human every turn for the first three turns. After that it was just a matter of time before the number advantage allowed the Bretonnians to steal the ball and walk in the 1-0.

Second half, 11 vs 9 players to the attacking Bretonnians advantage. The ball could be transported safely in a cage almost within scoring distance. But then Morg showed his skills by dodging, maiming and hurting. He almost singlehandely stopped the attack. But in the end it was possible for one Blocker to score 2-0.

Thanks for the game Lazer. Not much you could do with the pre-game thinning and early game thinning of your team. I see that you are still in the top 4 so let's hope we meet again in a semi-final for some revenge time.

/hakos

atte1979

The second match of the day for The Orks, and the second victory.

The Orks had little time to recover from their previous match which manifested as lazy blocking and lack of concentration at first, giving the shadeless ones room to maneuver at the beginning of the match. A lucky strike did give the green elite a chance to steal the ball and go for goal, but a similar fluke of nature saw the ball back in possession of the Freshmen and relentlessly they rolled downfield towards The Orks' endzone scoring with minutes left on the clock. During this time The Orks had slowly but steadily thinned out the ranks of the palefaced paladins. And when The Orks weren't up for the task the Freshmens vampires fed their thirst of the crimson nectar by feasting on their thralls. The halftime whistle blew as the match was 1-0 for the Freshmen.

For the start of the second half The Orks fielded eleven players to face off against eight players of the Freshmen. Slowly but steadily The Orks rolled on down the pitch and mutilated even more Freshmen players, scoring the equalizer with minutes on the clock. The Freshmen recovered a few more players for the final attempt to score the winning touchdown and rushed a quick attack on the right flank, only to have the designated ball carrier fumble the pick up after everyone else had already run up the field. This was a chance which The Orks seized, hording the ball with three players desperately rushing around it. When the Freshmen realized that the ball was compromised, they immediately started rushing back to hinder the scoring attempt of The Orks. But with skill, grit, violence, determination and quite a bit of luck The Orks had one last go for glory with players opening up an alley for a bliter to pick up the ball and run to hand it over to another blitzer who rushed to the endzone with just seconds on the clock making it 1-2 for The Orks.

The following final kick-off didn't leave enough time for the Freshmen to try to equalize the game so they concentrated on violence trying to get revenge on The Orks for maiming so many of their teammates, but to no avail.

When the referee blew the final whistle The Orks had secured their second win of the day.

In an interview with a sports reporter from The New Orc Times Galnast Goug'Zom had this to say about todays games and his teammates: "Sometimes is hard to be orc. All hate orcs. Orcs play poor and no 'urt opponents. Today good day to be orc. Orcs beat many opponents. Orcs get gloo-ree. Even if some coward take ball and run from fight."

Saitani, thank you for a great match. I think this was one of my most favorite ones I've played in NUL. Good luck to you in the future.

Atte

Gnaarkill

Sorry for the late respons here guys.
I have been moving to the southern city of Malmö and is now officially half dane 😅

Memofin, I can play starting from tuesday. Hope I will have set up everything with comp. by then :)
Lets say im available for play from 19.00 tuesday and onwards =)

/Gnaar

Memofin

Hey hey, I upload our game stats as soon as my replayer starts working again.

Our game was an intresting one. It felt like luck was on my side from the start and because of that, game that should have been nice 1-1 tie was 2-1 for me.
My skink managed to do 6+ throw to another skink, who would then go and score the winning goal.

We also got to see rare 3 dice block from skink. Spoiler: It did not do anything. Elf was super slipery and i could not get him to ground, even with total of 7 dice thrown at him.<3

Well played Gnaar, it was a pleasure like always with you. Good luck in the rest of the season and in the next one.
I'm sorry to murder your team too :/

Memofin

Got it now.

Well it did feel like the luck was more on my side, but report says it was quite even. Fun match anyways :)

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Memofin on December 30, 2022, 11:44:42 AMI'm sorry to murder your team too :/

No you're not! ;)

Jokes aside, thx for the game man. Great fun and a pleasure as always :D

/Gnaar

atte1979

Quote from: Memofin on December 30, 2022, 11:44:42 AMMy skink managed to do 6+ throw to another skink, who would then go and score the winning goal.
I once taught a new player to play Blood Bowl. Later on I played against him in our tabletop league and he taught me two important wisdoms:
1. This is an easy game, just roll 6's.
2. If you tell your dwarf team that they're elves, they'll do elf bullshit.

I've wanted to test his dice for a long time to find out if they're loaded, but how can his BB2 dice be tested?

Have you guessed his name yet? Yes, it's Memofin.

Memofin

Quote from: atte1979 on December 30, 2022, 01:28:23 PM1. This is an easy game, just roll 6's.
2. If you tell your dwarf team that they're elves, they'll do elf bullshit.

Whoever that coach is, wiser words were never spoken 😘

tags

Haha, important wisdom to keep in mind for sure!

This was the last match of MD6, roll on MD7!