Fangless Freshmen (Vampire) - Saitani
Har Ganeth BB (Dark Elf) - Gnaarkill
Kamprads Classics (Humans) - Lars
Non-Fungible Team (Norse) - tags
Old Skool Orks III (Orcs) - Atte1979
s0 pRO MAD 53rFs (Chaos Dwarf) - J-Reedy
Steel of Sweden (Bretonnian) - Hakos

J-Reedy

Match day is forwarded and day 3 is ready to play!

Memofin, time to see if the third time is a charm for your lizzies. I'm down to play on the following Finnish start times:
- Sunday any time before 18.
- Tuesday/Thursday 19-21.

Let me know if any of those suits you, sir. Don't know about the next weekend until I get to back to work on Monday and get some bearings on the workload waiting for me.

tags

Ok, Saitani, time for an inducement fest! I could play today from 20:30, or Tuesday from about 18:00. Failing that, probably the weekend some time.

Saitani

I can do 20.30 today. ye down 720 tv  it is going to bet yet another rough game :P
But dont you worry next season im going for something porper killy XD

tags

There's not much to write, really. The TV difference was huge, since Saitani came in with a pre-rekt team.

In addition to that, I got insanely lucky, and he had the worst luck ever. So yeah, it's one of those.

Thanks for the match Saitani, and good luck furth... with the next team, perhaps?

I guess Fangless Freshmen really is the first NUL team that you haven't been in serious contention for the top spot of the league, so I'm guessing you've had it with vamps for a while!

Gnaarkill

Yo Hakos!

Time to shine with your professors of blue and yellow! =)

Quite busy schedule for me at the moment...
My Ok starting times are:
Tuesday: 21
Wednesday: 19 - 21
Thursday: 21
Sunday: Preferable early start. From 09.00.

/Gnaar

hakos

Hi, I think
Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 08, 2022, 11:23:42 AMYo Hakos!

/Gnaar

I think it has to be Sunday. 9 should be ok. /hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on November 09, 2022, 04:30:28 PMHi, I think
Quote from: Gnaarkill on November 08, 2022, 11:23:42 AMYo Hakos!

/Gnaar

I think it has to be Sunday. 9 should be ok. /hakos

Great buddy! Lets go for a breakfast party! =)
See you on Sunday.

/Gnaar

Saitani

It was a rough game :P well its been a rough season to be fair XD Im probably going for something a bit more bashy next season want to try chaos but i dont want to build a pure kill team. either.

hakos

@Gnaarkill: I'm really sorry but I just woke up, can we start at 09:30 instead so I have time to get some breakfast? /hakos

Gnaarkill

Quote from: hakos on November 13, 2022, 08:55:59 AM@Gnaarkill: I'm really sorry but I just woke up, can we start at 09:30 instead so I have time to get some breakfast? /hakos

Dont worry mate!
See you @09:30 =)
Ill be in game.

/Gnaar

hakos

A strange sweltering heat was hanging over the game today. But it only affected the Bretonnians, the dark elves seemed quite unconcerned. Perhaps they are used to heat where they come from? Or could it be some dark magic involved?

It is clear that the dark elves tried every trick in the book to gain an advantage. They recruited Hubris Rakarth and they hired an official wizard (and probably an unofficial wizard as well for the sweltering heat). On top of that they bought loads of the best budweiser beer that money could buy.

On the pitch they leaped, dodged, ran, fouled, passed, stabbed with sharp objects and blitzed. The referee was clearly bribed by the dark elves. No ejection when they fouled but the Bretonnian blocker was ejected just for raising his boot over the face of the prone Hubris Rakarth and never got the chance to connect. Which was ofc not his intent. No, no, Bretonnians are the good guys.

But there was something problematic on the dark elve side. Perhaps it could be seen as bad luck?

First half looked like it would end in a clear dark elf lead. The witch elf leaped and passed precisely to an AG4 elf standing in the TD zone. But he fumbled and the bounces even gave the Bretonnians a chance to score. The fireball targeting four Bretonnians whiffed totally but some witch elf action later on managed to stop the scoring attempt. 0-0 after first half. Pheew.

Second half 3 Bretonnian Blitzers were just lying at the sideline. The heavy armor did not combine well with the sweltering heat. And with one blocker ejected as well the Bretonnian team mostly resembled an angry peasant army. The referee managed to stop the pitch forks to enter the field. But never before has so many peasants (7 in total) entered on the Bretonnian side.

The dark elves also had their problems. Despite the beer they could still only field 8 players since they had 1 dead player and 3 badly hurt from the first half. And when Hubris Rakarth finally was injured in turn 11 they had no muscles left.

All the dark elves speed and agility made it difficult for the Bretonnians but the peasants hit extremely well, although not that hard and the ball could be steadily advanced until a TD happened in turn 13.

The darkies still got three turns to even it out but the attempt to sneak pass the defences stumbled on a peasant leg in turn 15 and no dark elves was in scoring range in turn 16. Thus the match ended 1-0 to the Bretonnians.

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill. As always a pleasure to play against you. 1-1 would have been a good result for this game. It felt like you were robbed when your nice scoring attempt failed with the last catch, despite re-roll. And it was actually quite fun to field a peasant army in the second half. Perhaps I should attempt vampires in the next season to get that feeling all the time...

EDIt: Oh no, I just realized that your MVP was awarded to your dead guy. Talk about adding insult to the injury. Sorry.

/hakos

P.S: The dark elves did not have any bribes, it juts felt that way

J-Reedy

Well, the dice certainly felt more unfair than the report suggests. The match started with the MAD Serfs blitzing on their kick and injuring out the only Saurus worthy of getting a position as a member of Lizardking's Guard. Also, both Centauris rushed next to ball. And then the things really started going downhill for the Lizards.

Not match to write about this match, felt really bad for Memofin most of the first half for the dice he was getting. But Memofin played like a gentleman nevertheless and tried what he could. Sorry again for the dice, better luck in the next!

atte1979

The Él Clasico of Blood Bowl, humans vs. orcs brought round 3 to a close late Sunday evening. Once again the match was too close to call and did in fact end in a draw.

The Classic started on the offense, but due to some misfortune and a REALLY boneheaded ogre The Orks converted the play towards the Classic's end zone halfway down the first half. A desperate defense managed to secure the ball back from The Orks and retreat back towards their own endzone with a quarter of the half to go. The Orks got so carried away about scoring on their opponents drive that they left Baggebo of the Classic completely unguarded as four of their players rushed after the ball carrier, believing that they had already scored.

But as Knöckla broke free from the grasp of The Orks and succesfully passed the ball to Baggebo who ran straight towards The Orks' end zone and out of reach of everyone, The Orks responded with violence. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you ask the Classic players) no one was removed from the field and just moments before the end of the half Classic scored: 1-0!

The final seconds of the half saw The Orks receive the ball and blitz Kolbjörn down. As his armor didn't break on the blitz The Orks decided to try again when he was on the ground, this time removing him from the pitch. Permanently. The half drew to a close as Flabfak tried to learn how to pass the ball to Moghuk, but failed.

Before the second half could get on the way the referee noticed that The Orks had sneaked the infamous Bomber Dribblesnot on the pitch at the end of the first half. The Orks came prepared and passed a leather pouch filled with gold pieces to the referees hand in return for him letting Bomber stay on the pitch for the duration of the second half. The referee pocketed the purse, but then put his whistle to his lips and blew as hard as he could at the same pulling out the red card for Bomber.

So, with a player down (10-11) The Orks had to start the second half without the services of Bomber Dribblesnot. It was a hard task to perform, but eventually The Orks managed to remove Classic players from the pitch and force their way down towards the Classic end zone. With desperate actions the Classic players managed to hinder The Orks' onslaught almost until the end but finally in a last ditch effort Flabfak managed to run the ball in for the equalizer: 1-1!

The final kick-off of the match ended up causing havoc and chaos, after which the referee set the clock back too much giving Classic a remote chance to win the match. The Orks' wall of green meat held up to the end and the final whistle sent both teams home disappointed as a win was something both teams desperately desired.

In a post match interview The Orks' head coach said: "We find ref'ree after game. We eat ref'ree". Having said that he turned to walk away, at the same time burping and a chirp similar to one of a referees whistle could be heard coming from his throat.