Har Ganeth BB (Dark Elf) - Gnaarkill
Kamprads Classics (Humans) - Lars
Non-Fungible Team (Norse) - tags
Old Skool Orks III (Orcs) - Atte1979
s0 pRO MAD 53rFs (Chaos Dwarf) - J-Reedy
Steel of Sweden (Bretonnian) - Hakos

tags

Match day 2 open!

Busy few days ahead, I think next week some time is ideal for me.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: tags on October 25, 2022, 09:23:58 PMMatch day 2 open!

Busy few days ahead, I think next week some time is ideal for me.

No problemo buddy!

Hook me up on discord and we'll seal the deal! :)

/Gnaar

J-Reedy

I'll be tripping from Thu to Tu, so my match with Atte will most likely happen on the 1st weekend of November.

hakos

Yo, Memofin, ready to fight again?

I could do any time this weekend.

/hakos

Saitani

Lars are you up for a brawl ?

Memofin

Quote from: hakos on October 27, 2022, 08:53:38 PMYo, Memofin, ready to fight again?

/hakos

Hey hey!

I could play today in about hour, or tomorrow and sunday  starting at 19.00 CET.

hakos

Quote from: Memofin on October 28, 2022, 05:31:42 PM
Quote from: hakos on October 27, 2022, 08:53:38 PMYo, Memofin, ready to fight again?

/hakos

Hey hey!

I could play today in about hour, or tomorrow and sunday  starting at 19.00 CET.

Ok, saturday, 19:00 CET, seems like a fine time. See You. /hakos

Memofin

Quote from: hakos on October 28, 2022, 06:56:15 PM
Quote from: Memofin on October 28, 2022, 05:31:42 PM

/hakos

Hey hey!

Ok, saturday, 19:00 CET, seems like a fine time. See You. /hakos

Awesome. See you then.

Lars

Saitani and i managed to meet up once again. The vampires that nuffle hates was once again hard hit with bad luck, even thou the luck stats kinda show an even result. The massive amount of early removals by the humans sat the pace for the match that was a quite one sided affair.

Thanks for the match Saitani I suspect you look forward to new teams the next season to get away from these cursed once.

/Lars

hakos

Memofin really deserved this draw. Despite having all odds against him he never gave up, and in the end he was rewarded. Well played Memofin.

Quick Report:
First half lizards attack but with 3 players badly injured and 2 KOed (4 of those were saurus) Bretonnians could score instead.

Second half Bretonnians were overconfident with 11 vs 9 players and got surprised when AV9 actually worked as it should. Suddenly positioning were avkward and a self-imposed ball bounce that went completely wrong allowed the fast skinks to score in turn 16.

/hakos

tags

An exciting match between Norse and Dark Elves came down to the last drive!

Luck stats show sort of even, but it doesn't tell the whole story in this instance. As we all know, what happens early can really shape the outcome of the match:

NFT turn 1:
I KO the rookie witch. Not that incredible, given that it was a Mighty Blow werewolf.

HGB turn 1:
Said werewolf was brutally fouled! However, no armour break, player ejected, bribe used and rejected. There went 100k inducements for nothing.

NFT turn 2:
A daring blitz by the Norse killer berserker Rock kills Renkaunus, the +ST runner. The apo saves him, but he does suffer from a niggling injury even so.

HGB turn 2:
One of my guard linemen is KO'd.

NFT turn 3:
Gnaarkill's guard/wrestle lino is Badly Hurt
At this point, I have 10 players to Gnaarkill's 7, and I have the clear strength advantage. I do not, however, have the position to cage up, but I feel pretty confident I could gain control of the situation if I stalled. However, in a flash of sudden hubris, I decide to pass the pig skin to my rookie berserker and run it in turn 3.

Now, second drive, this was a different beast. Gnaarkill's babes have a flawless performance throughout the match, but with the 2 casualties and the 1 ejection, there are still only 10 dark elves to the 11 norse at the kick-off. Har Ganeth gets a quick snap which is just used to approach the ball. Two of three norse are KO'd off the line, but they still try to aggressively mark the elves, which turns out to be a mistake. The dark elves have no problems dodging around the clumsy tackling brutes, and additionally manage to KO a norse werewolf. Suddenly the 11 on 10 advantage has turned into a 8 on 10 disadvantage, on top of an out-of-position defence.

Gnaarkill easily escapes with the ball and chooses to stall for a few turns. There are several turns of bashing, but no real opportunities to challenge ball carrier. In the end, the equalizer is run in with 8 dark elves and 6 norse left on the pitch.

Due to deep benches and effective babes, it's still 11 on 10 at the third drive kick-off at the start of the second half. However, this is the drive where once again, violence sealed the deal for the non-fungies.

Long story short, it was a bloodbath in the second half.

The half started with 11 norse and 10 elves on the pitch. The 2-1 norse touchdown was scored with 11 norse and 3 elves on the pitch. There was some clear help from Nuffle in there, but once the strength advantage starts tipping to to the side with three mighty blows and frenzy, these things do escalate.

Anyway, it was a fun and exciting match for a while, although the last few turns was mostly "garbage time". Thanks for the match Gnaarkill, and good luck further on!

J-Reedy

Final match of the second round saw Orcs go against MAD Chaos Dwarfs. The match ended up being one-sided affair until very last turn of the second half with Dwarfs dominating the bashing game. But on the final seconds of the game Orcs managed to blitz down the ball-carrier headed for the goal and the ball bounced to the crowd that delivered it to the waiting Orc Blitzer who walked in the game-tying TD just before the referee's whistle ended the game.

Thanks again for the game Atte, bit of a struggle for you during the early turns due to all those agility 1s but at least the game was friendly injury-wise.

atte1979

The sports reporter for The New Orc Dies interviewed Ulgrot Tear'Noz of The Orks after the match, here's what he had to say:

"We play bad, the short hoo-mans hit us hard. We pay Bomba to blow up short hoo-mans, Bomba blow up us. Now we go, we feed Bomba own bombs!"

As Ulgrot left the interview, you could hear a furious roar from The Orks' locker room: "HOLD'IM DOWN AN' PRY 'IS MOUF OPEN!" followed by a muffled BAMF, with black smoke slowly coming out of the locker rooms window...