Season 49 - beginning of an end?

Started by J-Reedy, January 08, 2023, 03:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Season 48 and set of three seasons is coming to an end, so it's time to plan the next season - season 49.

As Blood Bowl 3 is looming ahead with release scheduled for February, this will most likely be either second to last or last three-season set. WE WON'T MOBE TO BB3 UNTIL MOST OR ALL PLAYERS HAVE THE NEW VERSION. But most likely we will run an exhibition season alongside the official NUL championship league amongst those players that will get BB3 early.

As BB3 will have totally new league system according to developers, we will have to wait on the official release to get more info on how that will change NUL. After we have more info what kind of league system the new game will support, we'll start planning. As always, all opinions and ideas are welcomed. I'm hoping that the new system will support some kind of parallel leagues where coaches can develop teams for the main league, as our current system may be bit punishing for new coaches that don't have previous NUL teams. But as said, we'll know more when the new game is released.

But for now, we'll continue with BB2. And Season 49 will mark the start of new three season run, so ONLY NEW TEAMS are allowed for season 49. For Seasons 50 and 51 coaches with previous NUL teams can bring their previous teams in, but S50 will have a TV limitation. But for now, next season 49 is an excellent chance for any new coaches to hop into our league as everybody will start with a fresh team.

The start of the new season will most likely happen mid to late January.

As a reminder, if we get 10 teams in, playoffs will be between best 4 teams. With 8 teams only top 2 will make the playoffs. If we get 12 teams, we'll have to discuss if we'll go with 8 team playoffs. Opinions on this are appreaciated.

If you know someone who might be interested in joining our little corner of the Blood Bowl world, please invite them! As already said, this is the best point to jump into the league as everyone will be playing with rookie teams.

---------------------------------------
Official Stuff

INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW COACHES:
1. Read the introductory thread with the explanation on league structure HERE.
2: Create an account on this forum. Note that due to high activity from spam-bots, admins have to approve your account before you can post here. This may take some time but admins will try to be on lookout for genuine account registration (not spammers) during signup season. You can also look for our Discord server "NUL" and contact us there.
3: Post a reply in this thread that you want to join.
4: Read the "Essential rules" section HERE and post a reply in that thread that you have understood the rules.
5: The admin team will add you on the participant list in this post.

You can also check the Discord server for the league (discord.gg/Kp9fKGGjgc - add https:// in front of that)

OLD Coaches know the drill, just tell what team you'll be taking to the trophy hunt.

SIGNED UP:
1. J-Reedy - I'm in, with what team, that is still a mystery.
2. tags - The Flying Discmen (Kislev)
3. Memofin - Elven Union of unknown identification
4. Gnaarkill - Bitter Stink Stars (Skaven)
5. Saitani - Kings of Old (Norse)
6. Mr. B - (Chaos)
7. Lars - ? (Amazon)
8. Hakos - ? (Nurgle)

tags

I'm in! No clue what team yet, but I'll come up with something

Memofin

I'm in too! Will try Elven union this time around.

Gnaarkill

Gnaarkill signing in!

Skaven - Bitter Stink Stars -

Saitani

yea im in.
After having my vamps properly defanged i will bring something with teeth this time.

Mr B

Aight!
Khorn it is..there will be bowl.. i mean blood!
Bowl for the bowl god!

Horns´n´hooves!
Chaos as a team!

Lars

Hello
I am joining in as well and think i'll go amazon this time around (one team I not yet has tried out).

/Lars

tags

Oooh, Khorne, will be very exciting to see if they work out

Mr B

Quote from: tags on January 10, 2023, 05:40:21 PMOooh, Khorne, will be very exciting to see if they work out
It´s a Normal "Chaos" team.. just will play them very Kornish

tags

Quote from: Mr B on January 10, 2023, 05:41:41 PM
Quote from: tags on January 10, 2023, 05:40:21 PMOooh, Khorne, will be very exciting to see if they work out
Ah, OK, thought you were going frenzy fest

Mr B

Quote from: tags on January 10, 2023, 05:43:46 PM
Quote from: Mr B on January 10, 2023, 05:41:41 PM
Ah, OK, thought you were going frenzy fest
Aha, True, no they will want more blood less stupidiety :)

J-Reedy

Listed my teams and it seems I haven't played following teams in NUL:
Human, Chaos, Nurgle, Halfling, Ogre, Elven Union

I could've sworn I had played Halflings and Ogres out of those but must've been other leagues. But anyways, my team will be one from those. Not Chaos as that is too close to s0 pRO MAD 53rFs. Will decide later.

hakos

Ok, seems there are 9 teams in BB2 that I have never played.

This time I will select a Nurgle team.

/hakos

tags

I've never played these teams: Amazon, Goblin, Halfling, Human, Khemri, Kislev, Nurgle, Underworld, Vampires.

Amazon and Nurgle is now taken by others. Goblin and Halfling is too punishing for me.

That leaves Human, Khemri, Kislev, Underworld or Vampires.

tags

I've created Season 49 as an 8-player competition, feel free to join up when you can!

I settled on Kislev, The Flying Discmen are in.