The Final

Started by J-Reedy, January 11, 2023, 08:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Okay, so the regular season is done and the final duo has been decided and MADs are fortunate enough to make it with Tags' Non Fungible Team.

So, Tags-man, any of the following CET start times suit you, sir?
- Today (Wednesday) 18-21
- Thursday 18-19.30 (something came up)
- Sunday any time before 20

Next week Monday is definately out, rest of the days are still hazy, so will only get more info on those closer to weekend.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 11, 2023, 08:18:58 AMOkay, so the regular season is done and the final duo has been decided and MADs are fortunate enough to make it with Tags' Non Fungible Team.

So, Tags-man, any of the following CET start times suit you, sir?
- Today (Wednesday) 18-21
- Thursday 18-19.30 (something came up)
- Sunday any time before 20

Next week Monday is definately out, rest of the days are still hazy, so will only get more info on those closer to weekend.

Oh wow, I'm sorry, I totally missed this post! I guess these are outdated now, but I could do:
Monday 20:30
Wednesday 18:00+
Thursday 18:00+

J-Reedy

Quote from: tags on January 15, 2023, 09:17:10 PMOh wow, I'm sorry, I totally missed this post! I guess these are outdated now, but I could do:

No worries, I didn't remember that Spammy doesn't announce new posts, only replies.

Both Wednesday and Thursday work for me, so how about Wednesday 19.00 with Thursday as a backup?

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 16, 2023, 05:12:09 AM
Quote from: tags on January 15, 2023, 09:17:10 PMOh wow, I'm sorry, I totally missed this post! I guess these are outdated now, but I could do:

No worries, I didn't remember that Spammy doesn't announce new posts, only replies.

Both Wednesday and Thursday work for me, so how about Wednesday 19.00 with Thursday as a backup?

Sounds good, noting down Wednesday 19 as the last stand for my norse!

J-Reedy

And here we have it. The first turn of the match showed the direction of this game with the lineman Gem from the Norse side getting deaded on the first blitz. MAD Serfs continued their removal streak with unusual efficiency for them and got some help from the ref too, who spotted a fouling Norse and sent him off. Shorter and stuntier ones score just after halfpoint, giving the Norse some time for an equalizer.

Norse lined up favoring their left flank and managed to get the ball to scoring distance fast. But then the pRO Minotaur blitzed in next to ball-carrier and with some Hobgoblins helping to crowd the ball while the Dwarfs were just halfway to the ball. Norse ball-carrier tried to get out by blocking but could not and soon he was down and ball at the hands of a Hobgoblin.

Second half started with 7 Norse against 9 MAD Serfs as Sweltering Heat had gotten under the beards of 4 chaotic Dwarfs. Norse tried their left flank attack again and were once again met with the same defensive plan of blitzing Mr. Hyde next to ball-carrier. But this time there was a route of dodging out and running to the goal with extra effort. Unfortunately Nuffle showed that he had really turned his back on Norse and the ball-carrier fumbled on his feet and fell down. A Hobgoblin dashed to pick up the ball and delivered it to his colleague Mr. Poole. That started a slow march towards the goal with Norse players mostly lying on the grass pretending to be stunned.

Sorry for the Nuffling Tags-man, those injuries just kept piling up. Nothing you could do there, you should've had that equalizing TD but can't fight snake-eyes. Thanks again for the game, and good luck in the next set!

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on January 18, 2023, 08:17:58 PM

And here we have it. The first turn of the match showed the direction of this game with the lineman Gem from the Norse side getting deaded on the first blitz. MAD Serfs continued their removal streak with unusual efficiency for them and got some help from the ref too, who spotted a fouling Norse and sent him off. Shorter and stuntier ones score just after halfpoint, giving the Norse some time for an equalizer.

Norse lined up favoring their left flank and managed to get the ball to scoring distance fast. But then the pRO Minotaur blitzed in next to ball-carrier and with some Hobgoblins helping to crowd the ball while the Dwarfs were just halfway to the ball. Norse ball-carrier tried to get out by blocking but could not and soon he was down and ball at the hands of a Hobgoblin.

Second half started with 7 Norse against 9 MAD Serfs as Sweltering Heat had gotten under the beards of 4 chaotic Dwarfs. Norse tried their left flank attack again and were once again met with the same defensive plan of blitzing Mr. Hyde next to ball-carrier. But this time there was a route of dodging out and running to the goal with extra effort. Unfortunately Nuffle showed that he had really turned his back on Norse and the ball-carrier fumbled on his feet and fell down. A Hobgoblin dashed to pick up the ball and delivered it to his colleague Mr. Poole. That started a slow march towards the goal with Norse players mostly lying on the grass pretending to be stunned.

Sorry for the Nuffling Tags-man, those injuries just kept piling up. Nothing you could do there, you should've had that equalizing TD but can't fight snake-eyes. Thanks again for the game, and good luck in the next set!

Thanks for the match!

The best Non-Fungible Team has ever done against s0 PR0 MAD 53rFs has been draws, and both of those have been the result of a huge Nuffling in my favour. It is a nightmare match-up for me, and I fully expected to lose. Granted, the removals were even worse than I had feared, but at least there's a team left in there if I ever decide to bring it back!

Mr B

hakos

Congratulations to our new NUL Champion, J-Reedy. Well played. /hakos