Match Day 2

Started by J-Reedy, January 28, 2023, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hakos

Actually, we failed 5 pick-ups in a row (one was a RR) in our offensive drive, so that was a bit of a bummer. On the other hand, the Ogres did seem more stupid than normally so it evened up...

But I now understand why the Ogres were confused. It seems their coach thought they were playing a completely different chaos team. So they probably wondered what the lovely smell was on the field...

/hakos

Memofin

Well that was a match where dice were one sided. First kick of-- blitz, first block--- injury and ball was in middle of elves. I got to score fast on turn 3. 
On turn 4, double skulls ended metal ladies turn too quicky. My elves were able to run deep and score again on turn 5.

Second half sweltering heat took out 4 of my elfs and none of amazons. Lars played well and got to steal ball after the failed pass. I didn't manage to steal it back and Lars were able to score on turn 13.

Riot took out one turn and left us both only 2 turns to play. In the end i was able to score after some lucky dodges, gofos and throw.

Thank you Lars, you played well and I'm sorry about the dice. I hope rest of the season goes better.

J-Reedy

Quote from: hakos on February 07, 2023, 08:35:30 PMActually, we failed 5 pick-ups in a row (one was a RR) in our offensive drive, so that was a bit of a bummer. On the other hand, the Ogres did seem more stupid than normally so it evened up...

But I now understand why the Ogres were confused. It seems their coach thought they were playing a completely different chaos team. So they probably wondered what the lovely smell was on the field...

/hakos

Ah, I felt there was something wrong when doing that quick recap but was too tired to checkd. Sincere apologicies for mistaking your Loony Lowers for Horse'n'Hoofers.

Mr B

Quote from: Saitani on February 07, 2023, 01:42:31 PM

Well the game started in the Horns favour but a slow grind and forced early score left the kings in a better position  in the end especially when the power of block showed itself. in the end a desperate dodge and block knocked the ball lose and the game was decided on the a bounce and pick up in t16 making the game a 2-1 win in the old kings favour.
GG B man hope the rest of the season goes better.
Thanks for the game man.
I ride the wings of change.
Khorn are happy there was blood.
I'm not so happy it was on our team.
But the ride goes on, it was total doable game. Until secondhalf were the fists of North took the best of us, while they could take the same in the fist half...
Top luck in first game and bottom luck in second...
How will the gods favour us in the third.
Stay tuned and we will findout.
Cheers

Gnaarkill

Yo tags!

I'm back on home soil again and ready for fantasy football action :D

OK starting times:
today (monday): 19 - 21
Tuesday: 19 - 21
Wednesday: 20 - 21
Thursday: 20 - 21
Friday: No go
Saturday: No go
Sunday: 20 - 21

/Gnaar

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on February 13, 2023, 10:07:10 AMYo tags!

OK starting times:

/Gnaar

All right! Let's try for Tuesday @ 20!

tags

Quote from: tags on February 13, 2023, 10:08:52 AM
Quote from: Gnaarkill on February 13, 2023, 10:07:10 AMYo tags!

OK starting times:

/Gnaar

All right! Let's try for Tuesday @ 20!

Oh man, sorry, something popped up today, I'm not going to be able play this evening! Are you still available Thursday at 20?

Gnaarkill

Matchday 2 wrap-up ended in a 2-2 draw when The Flying Discmen clashed with The Bitter Stink Stars.

The rats started on the offence and as all the betting pages guessed beforehand, the first drive for the Skaven resulted in a quick two turn touchdown.

Kislevs time to return the favour was quite a straightforward affair aswell, even though coach Gnaarkill bribed the referee to speed up the clock, skipping a turn, the men from the northeast marched into the TD zone with good confidence.

Bitter Stink Stars had the opportunity to go for the 1 turn TD in the last turn of the first half but the animosity between coach and rats was just to big and the Stars had to eventually forfeit the effort, leading to bad language and a lesser brawl in the dressing room during half time.

Second half started with Flying Discmen on the offence trusting their brawns instead of their brains seeing their opposition as inferior in the brawns department. A bad decision in hindsight...
The somewhat weak looking rats managed to make the Russ... I mean Kislev bite the grass and took the ball in custody. Making for another quick 2 turn touchdown. Bitter Stink Stars 2, Flying Discmen 1.

Yet another bribe frome coach Gnaarkill filled the referees coffers to speed up the clock and yet another turn disappeared. But to no avail!
The discipline and patience of coach Tags was just brilliant and with laser precision the Discmen made a good grind removing the stinky rats from the field one by one until the defence was thin enough to run through. 2 - 2.

Learned from previous mistake, the rats had one final chance to make the 1 turn TD. Eager to make it, the blitzer failed to push the Kislev lineman instead making a too hard of a blow resulting in a downed opponent, finalizing the draw.

GG Tags-man! See you on the flipside! :D

tags

Quote from: Gnaarkill on February 16, 2023, 10:59:23 PMMatchday 2 wrap-up ended in a 2-2 draw when The Flying Discmen clashed with The Bitter Stink Stars.

The rats started on the offence and as all the betting pages guessed beforehand, the first drive for the Skaven resulted in a quick two turn touchdown.

Kislevs time to return the favour was quite a straightforward affair aswell, even though coach Gnaarkill bribed the referee to speed up the clock, skipping a turn, the men from the northeast marched into the TD zone with good confidence.

Bitter Stink Stars had the opportunity to go for the 1 turn TD in the last turn of the first half but the animosity between coach and rats was just to big and the Stars had to eventually forfeit the effort, leading to bad language and a lesser brawl in the dressing room during half time.

Second half started with Flying Discmen on the offence trusting their brawns instead of their brains seeing their opposition as inferior in the brawns department. A bad decision in hindsight...
The somewhat weak looking rats managed to make the Russ... I mean Kislev bite the grass and took the ball in custody. Making for another quick 2 turn touchdown. Bitter Stink Stars 2, Flying Discmen 1.

Yet another bribe frome coach Gnaarkill filled the referees coffers to speed up the clock and yet another turn disappeared. But to no avail!
The discipline and patience of coach Tags was just brilliant and with laser precision the Discmen made a good grind removing the stinky rats from the field one by one until the defence was thin enough to run through. 2 - 2.

Learned from previous mistake, the rats had one final chance to make the 1 turn TD. Eager to make it, the blitzer failed to push the Kislev lineman instead making a too hard of a blow resulting in a downed opponent, finalizing the draw.

GG Tags-man! See you on the flipside! :D

A good game indeed! Plenty of scuttering, flying, throwing, and friendly scuffling. No discs lost, no rats maimed, all in all a fine day on the pitch!