Match Day 1

Started by J-Reedy, January 28, 2023, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: tags on January 30, 2023, 09:28:39 AMTuesday at 19 would be a perfect start for me I think.

Bit late reply, but today at 19 confirmed!

Lars

Quote from: Mr B on January 30, 2023, 10:37:12 PM
Quote from: Lars on January 30, 2023, 08:50:43 AMHello I think Tuesday around 20 would suit me the best.
/Lars
Please confirm we are on tomorrow?

yes  cya at 20

tags

The Positive Reinforcement Ex met The Flying Discmen in a civilized difference of opinion.

The Discmen made a surprisingly convincing argument early, for which there was no immediate rebuttal. Following this, there was a lot of back-and-forth, exchanging of opinions, implications of other's abilities that were bordering on insulting, objections, and ad-hominem attacks that felt beneath the level of civil discourse strived for in this environment. While Mr. Gentlemanny Wise and Mr. Smartly Civilized made several good arguments, they seemed stuck in contemplation and over-politeness respectively, and too little progress was made. Ultimately, the first decisive argument seems to have determined the outcome of this intense debate.

--

Thanks for the game J-R, it looks like you got the short end of the Nuffle stick in this one. At least we both have a team to fight on with, one Gnoblar with -AV might not even matter that much...? I'm not sure how critical AV4 vs AV5 is :D

Sockibot Destroyer with his new ST4 stat says hello:

Mr B

Hmm, well game done, ladies had trouble with injury, falling hard etc.
It was a win but a close one.

Thanks for the game Lars!
Actually quite happy to face you first..
Better luck in the coming games Mr!

hakos

Quote from: Memofin on January 30, 2023, 08:33:27 AMHey hey!

Just got back home.  Been seeing family the whole weekend.

I can play tuesday, wednesday and friday  between 18.00- 21.00 cet. Weekend is free, so any time would work :)

Hi, sorry for not answering earlier. My week suddenly got very busy and I have no free time until Sunday. But Sunday February 5th should work almost any (day)time.

How about that we meet at 10 CET?

To everyone else: Nice to see the quick start and nice match reports. This looks to be an interesting season. Sorry for holding up the start.

/hakos

tags

I was lucky enough to get the lads to pose for a quick photo while everyone's still alive

Memofin

Quote from: hakos on January 31, 2023, 11:11:18 PM
Quote from: Memofin on January 30, 2023, 08:33:27 AMHey hey!

Just got back home.  Been seeing family the whole weekend.

I can play tuesday, wednesday and friday  between 18.00- 21.00 cet. Weekend is free, so any time would work :)

Hi, sorry for not answering earlier. My week suddenly got very busy and I have no free time until Sunday. But Sunday February 5th should work almost any (day)time.

How about that we meet at 10 CET?

To everyone else: Nice to see the quick start and nice match reports. This looks to be an interesting season. Sorry for holding up the start.

/hakos

Sunday 10 cet sounds good :)

hakos

hakos

Final game is played, please move on, nothing more to see here.

Oh, so you want a result...

Ok, ok, the elves did their classic stunt and scored with only one player standing up. Yep, that is all that is needed. Plus a bit of stupidness from the opposing coach. Plus a bit of help from the 100% elf audience. Seems no Nurgle fans were let into the arena, something about "scaring away the rest of the audience". Bah, discrimination.

First half Nurgle selects to start in an attempt to mutilate the elf team as much as possible. Which works fairly well. When first half ends there are only 5 elves left on the field and only two that stands up.

However, the elves played cleverly and quickly stole the ball in turn 2, then taking it far back into their own half. In turn 5 they suddenly throw the ball into a totally empty Nurgle half. Nurgle can only run there with two rotters to guard the ball. But one lonely elf follows. The Nurgle team belives the first half is over and thus stop to play. The single elf blitzes one rotter, and when the body lands on the ball it bounces right into the hands of the surprised blitzer (the ball that is, not the body) who then scores. 1-0 to the elfs in turn 8.

Second half starts with the elves heavily outnumbered since no KOd players return. Thus it is easy to score 1-1 in turn 14. Seems the Nurgle were afraid of some close by Elves and that they could steal the ball.

Two turns left. Elves has the ball but only 8 elves versus 10 Nurgle. This is when the audience decides to step in and decide how the game will end. They stone 4 Nurgle players to unconcsiouness leaving the mid field wide open. The elves can just pick-up the ball, throw it and run with it to score 2-1 in turn 16.

Thanks for the game Memofin, you played well. I did a stupid mistake in turn 8. So all in all it was a well deserved victory.

/hakos

Memofin

There you go, last game of the first day. 
Nurgle vs elf, what would go wrong?

Fun match where Hakos started on the offence, failed pick up and turn over, so my elf were able to steal the ball. But I had no way to get it to safety, so I did hand of to blitzer and hoped for the best.  Fast forward to end of the the half, where I managed to throw ball far away from my end zone on turn 6, which lead to score in turn 8. I managed to get blitz with my linemen and from lucky bounce, the ball bounced right to my linemen, who then just did run to the end zone.

Second half started with none of my KO:s coming back top the pitch. It was 6 vs 10. Hakos played very well and managed hammer my players to the ground and make awesome tackle zones, so my guys didn't have a chance to dodge out from those. Game was 1-1 when the turn 14 started.

Thanks for the match and for the tips Hakos, it was a fun game, where Nuffle had his own opinion how the game should end.

Kickoff event: Pitch invasion. 4 players from Hakos got stunned, none of mine. That opened the center of the pitch and I managed to blitz my players in there.  Hakos had 3+ dodge and 2 gofos for 2 dice on the ball. Unlucky snakes and I got to score.

Memofin

Oh,
Quote from: hakos on February 05, 2023, 12:02:56 PMFinal game is played, please move on, nothing more to see here.

Oh, so you want a result...

Ok, ok, the elves did their classic stunt and scored with only one player standing up. Yep, that is all that is needed. Plus a bit of stupidness from the opposing coach. Plus a bit of help from the 100% elf audience. Seems no Nurgle fans were let into the arena, something about "scaring away the rest of the audience". Bah, discrimination.

First half Nurgle selects to start in an attempt to mutilate the elf team as much as possible. Which works fairly well. When first half ends there are only 5 elves left on the field and only two that stands up.

However, the elves played cleverly and quickly stole the ball in turn 2, then taking it far back into their own half. In turn 5 they suddenly throw the ball into a totally empty Nurgle half. Nurgle can only run there with two rotters to guard the ball. But one lonely elf follows. The Nurgle team belives the first half is over and thus stop to play. The single elf blitzes one rotter, and when the body lands on the ball it bounces right into the hands of the surprised blitzer (the ball that is, not the body) who then scores. 1-0 to the elfs in turn 8.

Second half starts with the elves heavily outnumbered since no KOd players return. Thus it is easy to score 1-1 in turn 14. Seems the Nurgle were afraid of some close by Elves and that they could steal the ball.

Two turns left. Elves has the ball but only 8 elves versus 10 Nurgle. This is when the audience decides to step in and decide how the game will end. They stone 4 Nurgle players to unconcsiouness leaving the mid field wide open. The elves can just pick-up the ball, throw it and run with it to score 2-1 in turn 16.

Thanks for the game Memofin, you played well. I did a stupid mistake in turn 8. So all in all it was a well deserved victory.

/hakos

Oh you already did this. Thanks :P

hakos

Quote from: Memofin on February 05, 2023, 12:07:21 PMOh you already did this. Thanks :P

Yeah, you said you had some other important business so I just fixed it. But it seems we are in fairly good agreement about what happened. :) /hakos

J-Reedy

Positive Reinforcement Experiment is happy to report the relative success of their first experiment. Treating test subjects with positive and giving them positive reinforcement lessened Gnoblar injuries caused by Ogres 100%! But unfortunately we had not anticipated and calculated for the external factors of the test ie. other people who were let in to the test field from interfering in our experiments. This resulted in three Gnoblar casualties but fortunately only one of them was serious.

The head exprimenter wants to note that he is very happy that those glorious Ogres are so superior in all aspects that they don't feel like they need to gather any experience. And he is also extremely happy to note that the MVP committee agrees that Gnoblar suffering -AV deserves the MVP more than any of these superious Ogre beings that are already examplars of intelligence and strength!