NUL BB3 Pre-Season!

Started by tags, October 09, 2023, 11:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Hi all, time to see if BB3 is becoming a viable platform for us to migrate to, or if we should wait a bit longer! I'm looking for volunteers to run a little (extra) informal BB3 competition. I'm assuming there will be hitches'n'glitches and other various problems, so it's probably not the one to pour your entire heart and soul into.

I've set up NUL Championship league in BB3, and the competition named "NUL BB3 Pre-Season". Feel free to just join up immediately in-game.

For now, I've set it to 4 teams, but if I understand correctly, this can be adjusted continuously before the competition is started (yay!)

There's also a discussion to be had about the clock rule. It seems like "Strict 4 mins" has been implemented now, which I think means exactly what we're used to from BB2. There's also the new chess-inspired "competetive" clock rule, which I find quite interesting to be honest. It gives the players 2 minutes "free" for each turn, but if that time is exceeded, it eats into a reserve bank of 7 minutes that you'll have to distribute across the entire match. I'm up for trying this new clock rule, as I think it keeps the matches a bit shorter while still giving you enough time to have a reasonable think usually. But please, let's hear your opinions on this.

Mr B

Elluu,
Just collected the game, added my team.
Not sure when but it could be fun.
Do we play with sound on, could be good.
Tata
/B

tags

Nice! I'll add my team soon, hope we get a third coach interested. Sound on (you mean like voice chat right?) could be fun, but I don't think we want to enforce that. Could definitely try for these rounds.

Mr B

Quote from: tags on October 12, 2023, 01:09:47 AMNice! I'll add my team soon, hope we get a third coach interested. Sound on (you mean like voice chat right?) could be fun, but I don't think we want to enforce that. Could definitely try for these rounds.
Just tried this first time.
It was not so odd as I first feared.
But yes chat i thought about if there were a lot of oddities in game.
Tested vs ai and it works quite ok i'd say.
Have of course just tested the basic skills.
I thought about in chat to more agree on the verdict "is it ready yet".
Part from league admin I'd say it feels like it

tags

Sounds good, I got a team in now.

Mr B

tags

Quote from: Mr B on October 20, 2023, 04:21:35 AMNo games yet or?

No, we tried to schedule it before the weekend, but something came up. We're aiming for Tuesday