Match Day 1

Started by tags, October 24, 2023, 03:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Match 1 has been played between Cold-blooded Basterds (Lizards, me) and Crimson Buccaneers (Dwarf, Memofin)

The Basterds won the toss, and were forced to score in the middle of the half. Although close, the Buccaneers did not have enough turns to score the equalizer.

Second half started out a bit rougher, the Buccaneers got the upper hand in the bashing game and several skinks were knocked off the pitch. But in the end, they were forced to over-extend, and the carrier was brought down in the dying seconds of the match.

Final result is 1-0.

A few thoughts about the BB3 experience so far:
- Absolutely no lobby to coordinate things
- No in-game chat is a pain. We were talking on Discord while playing.
- The actual match was (as far as I could tell) bug-free, we had no problems
- There is a pause feature now, so that's good (it was needed, and regularly is needed in NUL matches)
- The competitive clock is fun, I believe we both liked it. It was a bit stressful towards the end, but at the same time, it feels like  there is enough time if you manage it well.
- The league management is horrible, as can be expected. Let's hope the league management tools come through on this one.
- There are, as far as I can tell, no replays (yet)
- There appers to be some info about the match in Users\<user>\AppData\Local\BB3\Saved\Logs\BB3.log, but it's a mess