Valhalla Cup Match 1

Started by The Golden Arrow, May 09, 2011, 08:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Arrow

OK, due to a...... lets not say mistake...... creative change, by Mr B we now have only one group where everyone plays everyone. Shedule games as usual, last gameday sunday the 15:th.

krim_nielsen

I can play:
thursday starting between 19.00 and 21.00
saturday starting between 12.00 and 15.00
sunday starting between 12.00 and 15.00 .. or in the evening from 19.00 - though I dont prefer this option :)

J-Reedy

Oh joy! Dwarfs really are the dream matchup for every starting amazon team, I'm almost guaranteed to get a giant boost into TV difference for my next match!

Ok Kezerk, when do your violent maniacs want to beat my innocent kittens into a bloody pulp? I should be be free all evenings this week. Saturday and Sunday may be difficult to arrange.

Kezerk

Quote from: J-Reedy on May 10, 2011, 07:18:50 AM
Oh joy! Dwarfs really are the dream matchup for every starting amazon team, I'm almost guaranteed to get a giant boost into TV difference for my next match!

Ok Kezerk, when do your violent maniacs want to beat my innocent kittens into a bloody pulp? I should be be free all evenings this week. Saturday and Sunday may be difficult to arrange.

*chuckle* Tonight should be fine. I'll call you or send you a text message. Tony's hockey practice ends at 19, so sometime after 21 should be fine :)
And don't bank on your loss yet. This is yet another game where the objective is to roll well, and you excel at those :)

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

scaurus2000

Hello ToFex80, begin with the first match!

this week I can play (all times gmt+2):

- thursday from 3.30 pm till 8.00 pm;
- friday from 3.30 pm till 11.30 pm;
- saturday/sunday from 11 am till 11 pm....

....how sounds for you? :)

Konna

Hey, Tomassten!

I can play thu-sun from 6pm to midnight EEST. See what fits you best.

tomassten

Heya Konna.

Ok let's say Thursday at 19.00 gmt+2 then?`

Tomassten

Konna

The Golden Arrow

Quotethursday starting between 19.00 and 21.00
saturday starting between 12.00 and 15.00
sunday starting between 12.00 and 15.00 .. or in the evening from 19.00 - though I dont prefer this option
Ouch... All those times are pretty much impossible for me. I am busy thursday night, friday night and all weekend pretty much.

I can play most other times, even daytime (only afternoon/evening) on wednesday. Otherwise i might be able to cram a game in sunday evening, but it will not be that easy or we could stretch it and play next monday if you are able to?

krim_nielsen

wednesday starting between 18:45 - 19.00 ? (cant later)
or else if we can take monday I'll be able from 19.00 to 22.00

The Golden Arrow

Can you play slightly earlier? That would be awesome...

krim_nielsen

Kezerk

Quote from: Kezerk on May 10, 2011, 07:23:54 AM
And don't bank on your loss yet. This is yet another game where the objective is to roll well, and you excel at those :)

- Kez.

And so it was. Amazons won, 2-0.

- Kez.
If at first you don't succeed, sky diving isn't for you.

The Golden Arrow

Quote18.00 ?   :o
Yeah, that would work better for me...

J-Reedy

Quote from: Kezerk on May 10, 2011, 07:55:18 PM
And so it was. Amazons won, 2-0.

- Kez.
That's the summary, here's the long version:

It is a public secret that amazons have a crush on short, stubby and bearded men. This was proved once again in the match between the amazonian Cougar Kittens and dwarfish Bloodstone Maniax. Almost every time a dwarf on the Maniax team tried to hit on a Kitten girl, the girls got down on their backs (or in case of some kinkier girls, on their bellies) faster than a troll forgets what he was supposed to do. Fortunately for Kittens the dwarfs were so amazed on their success that they didn't know how to handle these easy trollops, only one Kittens suffered a more serious injury that'll prevent her from taking part in the next match. The reason for dwarfs' indecisiveness could've been result of them losing their leader for the match on the very first play when the amazons showed their affection for the bearded brawlers by taking down the whole front line of the Maniaxes. After heavy tussle on the half-court left the Kittens seriously underwomaned against the Maniaxs,  the Kittens were forced to score their first TD at the middle the first half. Fortunately Bloodweiser beer provided enough of the boost for the Kittens that they managed to field a full team against the Maniaxs' first half drive. Also, a sudden rain storm that started at the exact moment of the kick-off played in Kittens favour and they were able to stop the dwarfes from scoring by forming a tight line at the half-court and surviving a mid-court wrestle match with the little men.
Second half started with 10 amazonians lining up against 10 dwarfs and sun coming out after the heavy rain storm. Sun and surprising success with the girls seemed to animate the dwarfs: soon after the dwarfs had retrieved the ball far behind their front line the Kittens found themselves underwomaned 8 to 10. Fortunately for Kittens, the dwarfs were so eager to try out their punch lines on the amazons that they left their ball-carrier, who was advancing towards the half-court at leisurely pace (some might claim that he was running as fast as his short legs would carry him), unprotected. One of the Kittens linewomen who had fallen on the turf in the dwarfish onslaught managed to get up, scramble towards the ball-carrier and push him back further into the dwarfen back-field. At the same time remaining Kittens succeeded in tying up rest of the dwarfs so that the ball-carrier could get no help from his team mates. Also some of the Kittens had managed to strengthen their resolve and the end results of some subsequent hit attempts by the dwarfs were two dwarfs lying on the field stunned. This provided enough room for the Kittens to gang up on the dwarfish ball-carrier and bring him down. Maniaxes fate was sealed when one of the dwarf linemen decided to go elfish and try to dodge out of his in-field relationship with one of the Kittens. Poor bastard should've known that when a cougar gets you in her claws, there's no way out but the hard way. Dwarf bashing ensued and pretty soon the crowd and Maniaxes got another chance to enjoy the celebratory dance moves of Kitten receiver Kristen Lang (debate on whether it was Kristen or her twin sister Lana Kreuk who scored the Kittens second TD is still undecided as the match tape is not yet available for review).

And to decipher the long version:
- Maniax lost their Leader player to Badly hurt on first turn, leaving them with only 1 reroll.
- Kittens caged the ball, got the ball to scoring distance and were forced to score early because of losing too many players to KO.
- Kick-off resulted in heavy rain, Kittens managed to get the ball away from Maniaxes at mid-court and keep enough players around the ball so that Maniaxes couldn't pick it up.
- Second half, the ball landed far back the Maniaxes end-zone. Gap between the Maniax ball-carrier and front line got too deep at one point and a Kitten knocked down behind the dwarf line managed to blitz the ball-carrier (dodge, go-for-it x 2 and one die block) and push him back for two turns.
- Maniax double-skulls gave the Kittens an edge at the block battle and a the first two-die blitz on the ball-carrier succeeded.
- Maniax player tried to dodge away from mid-court tusle to give support for a blitz for the ball. Fail. Kittens pick up the ball, play time and score.