Match Reports, Banter and General Trash Talk

Started by J-Reedy, March 08, 2012, 09:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barmution

Thanks for a VERY entertaining game yesterday, Gnaarkill!

Lots of great positioning, crowd surfing and a LOT of back and forth. I think that ag4 across the board and some key dodges were really what secured the match for DSS at critical moments. Thank Nuffle for being Dark Elf! Good luck in your future matches and sorry for my apo not letting you kill that Lineman  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Quote from: Luiggi on March 22, 2012, 08:22:57 PM
Well, my orcs decided to end their casualty drought with a very bloody match. A fan throwing a rock at start and knocking out an elf lineman was a bad omen, but nothing compared with what was coming next... nasty stuff.

Elves hired an extra apothecary that had to jump on the pitch in the first block of the night, when a black orc struck a lineman dead. The apothecary failed and could not save him. Next turn it was a rookie catcher, who played his first game, who ventured too far into the opposition half of the pitch... he was disposed of by a blitzer and again the apothecary did not save him. After that there was not too much of a game left, very outnumbered J-Reedy managed to set a cage in my field and with the help of the wizard tried to break through, but the carrier was ultimately tracked down and stunned. Another injury left the elves outnumbered 8 to 11 for their defence on the second half.

Elves kicked to start the second half, trailing by 1. The orcs did not cage quickly enough and left some openings for some surgical strikes, but to no success for the defence, who had to overcommit in order to try to recover the ball, which caused a lot of pain (mostly knock-outs this time, though). After scoring the 2-0, Nuffle put the nail in the coffin with a Blitz kick-off for the orcs, proving that there was only one way the dices were going this time.

All in all, a very one-sided game dice-wise, I barely had to use rerolls (and the ones I used were just to change pushes to pows) and J-Reedy had a tough time trying to overcome such a huge TV difference (who wouldn't!). I hope for a more even game both in luck and TV next time!

PS: I wish I had luck spread out and averaged with this team... it looks like they go from not being able to do anything to just eat the opposition alive... I guess that's the thing with dices :D

J-Reedy

Elvish Blues-Blooded Brothers bring you their lates wailing blues tune from deep down their hearts

GREEN DON'T MIX WITH BLUES
                 OR
   THE MEMORIAL BLUES OF
    RICKY "RABBIT" BROWN
                AND
        HOWLIN' WOLFER

Them green orc guys
Them black orc guys
Them didn't brake me but I'm so bent
As I now remember Ricky's sway
As I remember Wolfer's funny way
As they both lie dead
My heart fills with lead
Them green orc guys
Them black orc guys
They killed my mates away
Them gone and killed them away

A little bit of luck dont't take ya far
When you got none, you better off boozing in a bar
When green mixes with blues
You better just get ya some booze
Cause blues don't mix with a green
'n blues don't get away clean

Them dead mates of mine
With a broken skull'n spine
Them broke them and now I'm so bent

Wizard on a rent may seem great
But he dont' help you with a dead mate
Doctor on a rent may seem straight
But he don't help you with a dead mate
And if you're talkin' about a poor elf's friend
Grave will get him now as I'm so bent

Them green orc guys
Them black orc guys

-----------------------------
Coachy comments: Two turns, two dead high elfs, two apotecharies spent. Two points of spps from two passes. Too much two-skulls. Two-zero win for Luigi's Orkitis.

tags

Whoa, that seems like a right nasty clash there. But who is now in 2nd and who is in 3rd in Tuna division? Will the cup match-ups be determined randomly, or do we trust BBM's positioning reasons whatever they may be?

The Golden Arrow

After about 15 minutes of swapping teams, swearing and trying to figure what the hell cyanide thought when they made their league client I've finally managed to get the correct teams to face off (don't ask me how... I really mean it...). For the semis the winners will face off at random though.

Match ups are Shark 1 against Tuna 4 and so on.

Mr B

Barmution

Excellent work, Golden!

Btw: Do we still upload the replays to the same league in BBManager?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Barmution

Thanks for the match, Golden Arrow!

An exceedingly well played match by you and pretty sub-par played by me got me a loss I definatly deserved tonight. Suitably ironic that your High Elves should be the team sending DSS tumbling out of the play-offs, really ;)

Good luck in the remaining matches and make your fellow elves (oh, how it pains me to say it) proud  ;)

The Golden Arrow

Thanks, for the game. The undefeatable dark elves finally met their match in their nobler kin and also suffered their first three goals in the season apparently...

It was a very entertaining match where I started with the ball and managed to do a 2 turn elf TD, high elf style. Then on his offense he ran his witch elf out alone on a flank with the ball where I could only reach her with lots of dodges and GFI:s, but instead the wizard came to the rescue and lightning bolted her ass. I blitzed away the covering player and got possesion of the ball on a catcher that was lightly screened (cage is a too strong word). To get in he needed to dodge into a tackle zone with his super witch elf (and get a one die block where he had block and I didn't), but she failed and badly hurt herself in the prosess. That meant I could move the ball up and cage around it a bit past the middle line on the side. On his turn he misclicked and pressed end turn without moving any players (maybe rising one or two guys) which meant that I could easily cage the ball far into his backfield and score (I had a pretty good shot at scoring anyway, but with that miss it got sooo much easier).

Next half he scored pretty quickly (three turns I think) and on my offense leading 2-1 I was in a very good position. The crowd decided they wanted a game of it however and invaded the pitch stunning 6!!! of my players and none of his. At least my thrower was standing and I got the ball to his and placed him in the backfield. He marked my players up and pushed for the thrower, but in my turn I saw an opening in the center and managed to pass the ball up past his team and cage the ball up on the other side of his players. It required some dodging but the 1 stayed away until my last player so I was happy. He didn't manage to get to my ball carrier and he easily ran the ball in for the winning TD.

It was a really nice game and the dice behaved for me today with no freakish fails and stuff, we will certainly try to represent the elven race with good grace! (better than any druchii scum could ever have done... ;)).

Mr B

Quote from: Barmution on March 23, 2012, 10:16:57 AM
Excellent work, Golden!

Btw: Do we still upload the replays to the same league in BBManager?

Sure, please use the new:
NUL S6 Play-off (id5835)
Everyone shall be able to enjoy the games  :P
Same passW as before...

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 23, 2012, 10:39:48 PM
Thanks, for the game. The undefeatable dark elves finally met their match in their nobler kin and also suffered their first three goals in the season apparently...

It was a very entertaining match where I started with the ball and managed to do a 2 turn elf TD, high elf style. Then on his offense he ran his witch elf out alone on a flank with the ball where I could only reach her with lots of dodges and GFI:s, but instead the wizard came to the rescue and lightning bolted her ass. I blitzed away the covering player and got possesion of the ball on a catcher that was lightly screened (cage is a too strong word). To get in he needed to dodge into a tackle zone with his super witch elf (and get a one die block where he had block and I didn't), but she failed and badly hurt herself in the prosess. That meant I could move the ball up and cage around it a bit past the middle line on the side. On his turn he misclicked and pressed end turn without moving any players (maybe rising one or two guys) which meant that I could easily cage the ball far into his backfield and score (I had a pretty good shot at scoring anyway, but with that miss it got sooo much easier).

Next half he scored pretty quickly (three turns I think) and on my offense leading 2-1 I was in a very good position. The crowd decided they wanted a game of it however and invaded the pitch stunning 6!!! of my players and none of his. At least my thrower was standing and I got the ball to his and placed him in the backfield. He marked my players up and pushed for the thrower, but in my turn I saw an opening in the center and managed to pass the ball up past his team and cage the ball up on the other side of his players. It required some dodging but the 1 stayed away until my last player so I was happy. He didn't manage to get to my ball carrier and he easily ran the ball in for the winning TD.

It was a really nice game and the dice behaved for me today with no freakish fails and stuff, we will certainly try to represent the elven race with good grace! (better than any druchii scum could ever have done... ;)).
Congrats!
So that were the weakness, the hated high-borne.

Some headsup!
Closing in on the playoff's I'll add a new season 7 sign up in the weekend.
Cheers
/B

Barmution

I have to admit that based on that one match I'm hard pressed to see how Golden could've finished last in his division except for extremely poor dice, and even more hard pressed to see how I could've gotten my Tuna-stats without a lot of luck. That premature end turn-click was just the nail in a coffin made of some pretty shoddy play from my side, and I think Golden was right in saying that it probably wouldn't have mattered in deciding the outcome.

The  upside of DSS dropping out of the play-offs will be that a couple of rookie teams (with some luck) will gain some TV, allowing next season to be played without such crippling TV differences. Best of luck to y'all and please finish the play-offs quickly so I can join in again  ;D

-Barm

Luiggi

2-0 for Orkitis in the Quarter Finals, with an astonishing 2 dead dwarves and a touchdown by a black orc. Orc's hits cut through dwarven armor like a knife through butter and provided the number's advantage to dominate the field. If you add great dodge rolls by the orcs and plenty of skulls for the dwarves, you end up with a very one sided Nuffly game.

tags

The last quarter final match is finally played, 2-1 for Disorganized Dudes vs Vinterlegionen in what was a very Nuffle-based victory.

The Norse started out with a strong drive and were through the Chaos defence to score a touchdown in turn 3, so I was preparing for a pretty bad defeat. Then, somewhere towards the end of the first half the dice only went my way, and kept on going my way for the rest of the game, especially with armour/injury rolls. Vinterlegionen were down to 6 players on the pitch in the end, so there was not much they could do.

Thanks for the game Gnaarkill, let's hope Nuffle treats you more fairly next time :)

tags

That's one semi-final settled, Virgins 1 - 0 Dudes.

After some weird connection issue in the first attempt (I could no longer move any of my players after a synch warning), we had to restart, but the second attempt went pretty much the same as the first. Golden chose to kick, and defended very well against my first drive, despite sustaining a casulty and using apoc early on. I was within reach of the end zone with the ball before my turn 8, but a naughty elf managed to slip inside my cage and knock down my carrier.

The elves scored after four turns in their half, and my attempts to equalize were thwarted, despite what was a promising long-shot dodge run by my carrier on turn 16 (the odds against it succeeding were probably astronomical, but hey, when you only have one option left :D)

The game got a bit bloody, and Golden had 6 casulties in the end, one of which was dead, one mng.

Thanks for the game, and good luck in the finals :)