Match Day 7

Started by J-Reedy, August 07, 2020, 08:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: kvasilad on September 20, 2020, 07:55:37 PM
Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on September 20, 2020, 09:08:06 AM
Quote from: kvasilad on September 18, 2020, 09:54:55 AM
Ok Napoleon, my Slow Elves are rested up after the bye and ready to dodge Vampire bites!

Any time Saturday before evening would work, most after-work hours Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday should work. How does your schedule look?
Hello, Kvasi.

I should be free on any of those days, so let me now if an alternative time works better for you, but Wednesday at 19:00 would be a good time if you're free then.

Wednesday at 19 sound perfect! You're still doing the arithmetic from BST to CEST on your end, I take it :)
That's great, and yes, I am. I used to have to write CEST/CET to remind myself, but I just automatically take an hour away from the time I write down now haha

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on September 20, 2020, 08:22:12 PM
Quote from: Mr B on September 19, 2020, 08:45:25 AM
Quote from: Lars on September 19, 2020, 08:31:23 AM
Quote from: Mr B on September 17, 2020, 09:04:46 PM
So Lars, it's you and me.
When is a good day for you? Could Sunday be an option?

I'll be away during the day at sunday hopfully i'll be back to 21:00 if we can play then

/Lars
Cool no worries.
If you make it, you make it, else we take it later.
//B

Will manage To play today but might be home some minuters after 21
Euhm.. my kids has the tv now, I think they are soon done but.. Just hang in there just in case

Saitani

Not a great day for the goblins the trolls had taken a big gulp of the stupid juice.

Lars

tags

Mr. B out here making a helluva comeback to NUL... 7 straight wins is impressive!

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on September 21, 2020, 01:44:46 PM
Mr. B out here making a helluva comeback to NUL... 7 straight wins is impressive!
And now you jinxed it   ;D
I have been quite lucky so,  but thanks your are probably just nice to me as a welcome back greetings  ;)

tags

No, just trying to jinx it 😂

Mr B

Quote from: kvasilad on September 21, 2020, 03:02:09 PM
No, just trying to jinx it 😂
I knew it, I felt the love and the vibes  :-*

tags

After Red Pen Marker was reportedly observed doing shady dealings to help The Bloody Sharpies a couple of weeks ago through nefarious subterfuge, his cousin and heiress to the vast Marker family fortune, Fiona Tip Marker, took the field today on the Sharpies' side, much to the surprise of opposing players and spectators alike.

With a comparatively slender frame and no armour to speak of, she had little apparent fear of the Vampires, getting stuck in the thick of the action together with the blitzers. There are rumours of some vampire genes in the old Marker ancestry, although this has never been confirmed.

Sylvanian Sparklers chose to defend the first drive, and did a very solid job of it. Despite several efforts to break through the defensive backs, there were no weaknesses to exploit. The vampires did get hold of the pigskin and threatened a defensive touchdown, but they were foiled at the last minute. They did manage to hold the score at 0-0 on the Sharpies' receiving drive, however, and got ready to receive in the second half.

Benny Bayonet seemed to have practiced kicking a lot, and landed the ball expertly at the very back end of Sylvanian Sparklers' half, arresting their momentum. The Bloody Sharpies defence immediately pinned their ears back, and aggressively sought to sack the carrier.

After a lot of scuffling along the sidelines, the carrier was beaten back into the crowd, and the ball was thrown back in by the spectators. There was more scuffling for control, but the elves had the upper hand in numbers and speed around the ball, and eventually ran away with it.

Facing a desperate situation being one score down, Sylvanian Sparklers got ready to receive again, with what could be enough time to score the equalizer. Somehow, there seemed to be some exhaustion creeping in on the Sparklers' side, and several players failed to do their job properly. The newest vampire to join the team, Angel, was the last best hope for a last-minute touchdown, but he was sacked with only a few yards to go, cementing the final score.

----------------

Thanks for the match, Napoleon, it was a really exciting one that had me on the edge of my seat for most of it! Good luck further on!

The final luck doesn't really tell the whole story. As can be seen from the luck over time graph (and what was indeed felt in-game), it was pretty rough going for me first half, although I clearly had the better dice second half. Nuffle is a temperamental dude.

EDIT: Match day forwarded!

Gnaarkill

Great report, a nice read! 8)

/Gnaar