Playoffs!

Started by tags, May 26, 2024, 04:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

All right, the final rankings for NUL Season 52 are as follows:

Given our league structure, we will have semi-finals and and a final when we are 10+ teams, which we are for this season.

This means that the semi-final match-ups will be:
- The Unalived vs Dazzling Dudes
- Old Skool Orks vs Giggling Gloomstalkers

Competition has been created, called "Season 52 Playoffs" within the NUL League. Passowrd is 'nul'.

tags

All right! All teams joined, seems the schedule is set up correctly and the competition started (who did that? Thanks anyway :D).

So Hakos, how's your week looking? I can do most evenings this week, although I'd prefer to get a round of disc golf in when the weather allows. So my preference is CET 21 start, but I can make exceptions for sure.

atte1979

The Orks go thru to'da finalz!!!

Da Gloomies started on'da offense but The Orks forced'em to score early in'da 'alf. Wid plenty o'time on'da clock The Orks managed to tie da game before 'alf time.

Da second 'alf started bad fo' The Orks as da Gloomies blitzed da ball on'da kick-off scoring a quick lead once again. Now The Orks started chargin' down'da pitch to equalize, but were forced to score da equalizer wid time left on'da clock as da Gloomies got in range to blitz da ball carrier on'da next turn.

Now da match waz tied an' az The Orks kickt da ball to da Gloomies, dey managed to blitz da ball an' grab it wid a chance to win da match before ova'time. Da Gloomies 'ad to turn back an' run fast to defend da tie, but Nuffle decided to inta'fere in'da form of an untied bootlace causin'a failed rush in'da kritical moment. The Orks den ran'da ball to'da en'zone just before da whissle blew da'end of'da match, makin' it 3-2 for The Orks.

In'a post-match inta'view wid da 'ead coach of The Orks 'e said: "Da team scored mor'goals dan casualties! Itz a weird feelin', some'ow un-natural. orcs're ment'to maim opponents, no'to score goals. Da 'hole world'z goin'down da crappa!".

tags

Second semi-final played!

Unalived chose to receive, scored early (turn 3). Was I too cocky, though? Seemed like it, because Hakos was able to quite comfortably both beat me up and score the equalizer. Still two turns left, I was close to getting the go-ahead, but the first half ended 1-1.

Second half was a bash-fest, and the ball was stripped from both sides multiple times on multiple spots on the field. In the end, however, one of my ghouls got away with it, and although it was contested, he made the final dodge away in turn 16 to score just before extra time.

Well played Hakos, see you next season!