Season 9 starting here - sign up!

Started by J-Reedy, October 21, 2012, 06:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

All right, 1 week + playoffs left of the season 8 so we should have the 8th season wrapped up around November 18th. So I guess we should start discussing the next season.

As discussed in the Chaos Edition thread, Chaos edition will be taken into use. However, this doesn't mean that you need to have the Chaos edition. Chaos ed seems to working fine in tandem with the Legendary edition.

First thing would be to find out who'll be taking part in the 9th NUL season and what team they'd like to be playing. So everybody should tell if they're continuing in NUL and if they A) prefer to continue with an existing NUL team, B) start a new team or C) it's all same to them but C1) maybe continue with an existing team or C2) maybe start a new team.

New players are also of course welcomed. We've had a couple of new member sign-up into forums, so now would be time to start posting and tell us you want to play in NUL.

Also any other ideas will be welcomed, so dont' hold back.

I guess, I'll go first with the preliminary sign-up:
I'll be playing in the 9th season. I'm going with the route C so it's all the same to me which team I'll be playing but at the moment I'm inclined to C1 - maybe continue with an existing team.

tags

I'm in for season 9, gotta say I'm leaning towards A.

I'd want to either continue with The Partly Animals or pull out Disorganized Dudes for another stint, depending on TV values, and also depending on which state my elves are in after facing SSD :)

The Golden Arrow

I want to play of course. I'm really psyched about the new teams (go underworld!) so might very well play a new team, but I don't have any problem with continuing with my nurgle either.

Barmution

I'm in with on C-note, a C1-note to be specific. Finally my Material Ghouls are starting to shape up, so I wouldn't mind another season with them.  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Gnaarkill

Im also in for another round of this epic league! :)

Im leaning towards B, start a new CE team, probably underworld!  8)
Though im thinking of a new Skaven team aswell. Havent really decided yet :)

/Gnaarkill

Lars

I am up for another season and I will go for A) Keep the team now when it's starting to get some skills.

/Lars

hakos

Hi.

I will definitely be here for another season. What team to play with, no idea at the moment. Currently all options you listed is a possibility for me. I will probably have an easier time to decide after being kicked out in the play-offs.

Some things I do know:

1) I really like Getingarna, they are shaping up nicely, and I have never played a team with such a high TV before, so maybe I should continue into uncharted realms (for me at least)?

2) If I play something new, Skaven is on the top of my list, but only if no one else is playing them

3) I will not play any of the teams in chaos edition

By the way, what would be the best team to play if I want to improve my positioning skills?

Luiggi

I'm up for anything, really, but I really feel like starting a new Ogre team, so if we're going with new teams again, I'll do that.

Otherwise I'll stick to Elfy Way or Orkitis, depending on the average TV of the league, or if we get 2 divisions, etc.

Mr B

I'll adapt to what's coming.
New race, Old race I have them all and I have no trouble starting over.
Maybe try some goblins for a change. ::)

The Golden Arrow

Yay mutated gobbos against real gobbos, go!

Barmution

Quote from: Mr B on October 24, 2012, 10:00:08 PM
I'll adapt to what's coming.
New race, Old race I have them all and I have no trouble starting over.
Maybe try some goblins for a change. ::)
You won the league with rookie Khemri, I think you could use a real challenge ;)

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Well, Khemri are really good as a rookie team (or at least when you get to like 1200 TV so you get some block).

Barmution

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on October 25, 2012, 09:50:29 AM
Well, Khemri are really good as a rookie team (or at least when you get to like 1200 TV so you get some block).
Hehe, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree here. Unless you get a crapload of casualties your progression is limited by your luck with MVPs as the only players leveling with any degree of certainity are the Thro-Ras. Against a decent coach who opts for column defense and tying up your TGs with fodder, you will have problems unless you get lucky with block dice and armor/injury rolls.

The Golden Arrow

Well not many early teams can stand up to four STR 5 players, later teams will get skills that let them go over or round them depending on the team. The only team that is a straight up nightmare for early khemri to face are amasons as they can dodge away from the TG and you can't knock them down with ny tackle and very limited block.

J-Reedy

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on October 25, 2012, 11:11:46 AM
The only team that is a straight up nightmare for early khemri to face are amasons as they can dodge away from the TG and you can't knock them down with ny tackle and very limited block.

Hmmm. I think Mr. B. is playing the Khemri wrong because he had no trouble knocking my girls down...  ;)

Well, actually what Golden said was quite true for the first half of my match against B's Khemri. Stopping the Khemri attack was quite easy while I got controlled dodge-outs. The second half on the other proved to nightmarish when the Khemri started getting ko's and injuries. If they get a (wo)man-advantage, the four ST5 dudes turn just nasty.