S15 - Match Day 6

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 08:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Yo, Kvasilad, i may be 10min or so late. Dri ving home, stuck in traffic

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 25, 2014, 06:28:29 PM

No worries, thanks for letting me know. Let's aim for 1915 then?

J-Reedy

Quote from: kvasilad on March 25, 2014, 06:32:29 PM
Quote from: J-Reedy on March 25, 2014, 06:28:29 PM

No worries, thanks for letting me know. Let's aim for 1915 then?

Yup, online now.

Gnaarkill

Yo Gurgeh!

The time has come for my mighty pirates to face your unholy wolves!

Unfortunately i have a pretty busy schedule this week.

These are the possible starting times for me:

Wed: 21.30-22.00 (its possible for me to squeeze this time to 21.00 instead)
Thu: 21.30-22.00
Sun: 21.00-22.00

If none of these suits you, maybe we can squeeze in one match on monday 31/3 as a reserve?

/Cap'n Gnaarkill

J-Reedy

- WELCOME YA ALLLLL! I'm Gron Grumbundy, and you're listening to the BLOOD SPORTS SPOTLIGHT! I know, I know, I promised we would be coming to you live from a random NUL league match this week, but unfortunately we arrived too late to the randomly selected match between the Fantasy Armor Inc, the team know for their extremely durable and sexy-lookin armor, and the mean grean orc team New Orc Gitz. Why in the heck did you lead us through those side-streets, Nippy?
- Sorry, mr. Gron, but I followed Whissy-Pizzy's instructions to the letter, he seemed so sure, that he remembered the best route to the stadium.
- Oh, well that explains why we sidetracked through all those... excotic dancer parlours. Well, at least we got to see some interesting sights. This seems to be very hilly region. Maybe I should visit here more often... BUT FEAR NOT, dear listeners! Although we arrived too late to set up our magicasting equipment for the live broadcast, yours truly did get to see the whole game and I can give expert recap of the action. Let's get to the point, the norse side won 2-1, and it was quite clear why. They simply had superiour armor. Those Fantasy Armor products just give them almost unfair advantage! Don't you agree, Nippy?
- But mr. Gron, there were six norse players knocked out when the orcs started their last offence...
- NONSENSE, only four of them were classified as knock-outs, two of them were exhausted from the heat as they had forgotten to wear Fantasy Armor Inc's Sexy Sunbather Shawl under their Wavylock Helms as rest of the team, and those knocked out players weren't actually knocked out, but simply passed out due to extensive pre-game beer guzzling! What else explains why they didn't wake up even though they had the BB cheerleaders trying to get them back to the game!
- But sir, I thought the orcs had hired the Bloodweiser Babe and not the norse?
- I didn't mean those amateurs, Nippy! Norse have the real pro cheerleaders, the big BB squad! Big Bongos!
- Oh, they are Whissy's favourites, he always buys a new poster of one of the girls from squad every week. He says the posters keep wearing out. I'm not sure why, Whissy has same kind of walls as my home and my posters don't seem to wear out at all.
- Nippy, how wonderfull it must be to be you. Such an innocent life you lead. But that just proves my point, it's a wonder that all those norse players came out of this match alive even though all of them must've been as drunk as a freshman wizard student after learning the Endless Wine Tap spell. It's just that those Fantasy Armor Inc products just keep them alive! And what agility it grants them! I mean, take that second touchdown, Luis Roy Oh shrugged two blitzes, blitzed himself two times and dodged three times to score the leading TD! It's all thanks to those Fantasy Armor Inc's Sultry Sneaking Sandals and Agility Enchancer Belt if I had to take a guess how he did it. All righty, as that just about covers the game, let's take a quick look at the NUL season so far. What has been the biggest surprise in your opinion, Nippy?
- Hmmm... Well mr. Gron, I guess it's that that that elf guy is the best killer with those two deaths...
- Murderproof, yes, well, you could argue that he has three kills under his belt as it was he who knocked himself down with that unfortunate dodge which resulted in the booted death of himself. He should've worn Fantasy Armor Inc's Sensual Elven Wear line that keeps all the delegate elfish body parts protected while enchancing ones natural sexiness to umpteenth degree! You are right, that is a bit of a surprise. And it seems elfs are bit cursed this season, just look at the woodies, Dendrology on BB Fields have been practically decimated as they lost their other wardancer and the another one has been crippled by a serious injury. It's just goes to show you that you shouldn't cinch on the important stuff, like decent armor. And I must say that Fantasy Armor Inc has proven to be the best armor out there, keeping all of those norse alive! Am I right, Nippy, or am I right?
- Amm.. You're right, mr. Grumbundy?
- Yes I am! All right, it must be time to wrap up the show. We'll be coming to you next week, from a randomly selected NUL league game, hopefully we can get there in time for the live show! Have a week, folks!

Well, my KO recovery problems continued but to offset that, I was lucky as a Nuffle's favourite grandson in a lottery draw. I just couldn't break the orcs' armor, but fortunately black orcs' had softer armor and most of them spent the first half being mostly stunned and one even got seriously injured. Kvasilad scored first and I followed with an short pass + gfi equalizer. At the second half my guys kept getting knocked out and it seemed I would lose the ball eventually. But then my Block-Dodge ball carrier took a blitz standing up, push-back-blitzed and dodged to scoring distance, took another blitz standing up, 1D push-back-blitzed and twice-dodged to score as effortlessy looking as a wardancer. That left Kvasilad with 3 turns to score and he got the ball to distance, but then my bezerker made a dodge-dodge-gfi-gfi-blitz and knocked down the ball-carrying goblin. Match ended with the sure hands orc passer failing to pick up a free ball. Sorry again for the dice Kvasi, I must say you took it like a gentleman even though those elfish plays must've been really annoying. Good luck in rest of the matches!

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 25, 2014, 08:24:58 AM
Saturday can probably work, I would prefer earlier (before six) or later though.
That is not possible due to my boy.
He is not sleeping then and would totally harass me while playing  ;D
Otherwise, friday same time...

Gurgeh

Quote from: Gnaarkill on March 25, 2014, 08:25:05 PM
Yo Gurgeh!

The time has come for my mighty pirates to face your unholy wolves!

Unfortunately i have a pretty busy schedule this week.

These are the possible starting times for me:

Wed: 21.30-22.00 (its possible for me to squeeze this time to 21.00 instead)
Thu: 21.30-22.00
Sun: 21.00-22.00

If none of these suits you, maybe we can squeeze in one match on monday 31/3 as a reserve?

/Cap'n Gnaarkill

Thursday is good. Let's say 21.30.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 25, 2014, 09:51:18 PM
Well, my KO recovery problems continued but to offset that, I was lucky as a Nuffle's favourite grandson in a lottery draw. I just couldn't break the orcs' armor, but fortunately black orcs' had softer armor and most of them spent the first half being mostly stunned and one even got seriously injured. Kvasilad scored first and I followed with an short pass + gfi equalizer. At the second half my guys kept getting knocked out and it seemed I would lose the ball eventually. But then my Block-Dodge ball carrier took a blitz standing up, push-back-blitzed and dodged to scoring distance, took another blitz standing up, 1D push-back-blitzed and twice-dodged to score as effortlessy looking as a wardancer. That left Kvasilad with 3 turns to score and he got the ball to distance, but then my bezerker made a dodge-dodge-gfi-gfi-blitz and knocked down the ball-carrying goblin. Match ended with the sure hands orc passer failing to pick up a free ball. Sorry again for the dice Kvasi, I must say you took it like a gentleman even though those elfish plays must've been really annoying. Good luck in rest of the matches!

Thanks for the game, I must admit that those few last turns made me kinda sick though. I felt pretty sure about a 2-1 win, but didn't really anticipate anything worse than 1-1. Seeing the single dice blocks and dodging into and out of tackle zones really caught me off guard, and suddenly I was down 2-1 in a match I thought I had control of. Then I thought at least I'd equalize, but the carrier went down in a semi-probable event. But even that was fine, since I had a sure hands thrower who could dump-off to a blitzer and I had a re-roll to spare... but no. That was pretty depressing, I'll tell you.

The Golden Arrow

Quote from: Mr B on March 25, 2014, 10:17:14 PM
Quote from: The Golden Arrow on March 25, 2014, 08:24:58 AM
Saturday can probably work, I would prefer earlier (before six) or later though.
That is not possible due to my boy.
He is not sleeping then and would totally harass me while playing  ;D
Otherwise, friday same time...

No let's go with Saturday.

Gnaarkill

Quote from: Gurgeh on March 25, 2014, 10:26:35 PM

Thursday is good. Let's say 21.30.

Cool! See you tomorrow m8!

/Gnaar

Barmution

Quote from: hakos on March 25, 2014, 10:27:54 AM
That will work fine, although I would prefer if we can start at 20:00 instead. Ok?

/HO

Yeah, 20.00 is fine. See you then :)

-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

muller71

Quote from: Lars on March 25, 2014, 10:16:01 AM
Hi Muller when can you play ?

I can play tomorow wednesday from 19:00
or friday from 19:00
or sunday from 20:00

/Lars

Hi, sorry for the late respons, Sunday 21CET. How about That?

Gnaarkill

Yo gurgeh i will be 10min late, sorry!

Gurgeh

hakos

Aargh, what a match, long time since I was so upset about the Dices. And Barmution was, if possible, even more upset.

Some high (or should it be lows) of the match:

At end of game: 13 elves not playing, most on the pro side, 8 BH, 3 KO and 2 ejected by the referee

Failed 2+, all on pick-up's or passes: 8. 7 on the darker side.

This was not an elf vs elf affair. This was a khemri vs khmeri affair.

Barm will fill in the gory details

/hakos