S15 - Match Day 5

Started by J-Reedy, February 14, 2014, 08:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

equilibri

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 19, 2014, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: Luiggi on March 18, 2014, 10:48:55 PM
Finally, the bad news for me (apart from the defeat) are that I'm facing Orcs with one less CW...

Don't worry, orcs will also be short of one BOB as they ran into the hard armored, hard drinking and hard hitting band of drunkards!

May I suggest that your chaos warriors switch those clumsy tin cans of them to the fine products from the Fantasy Armor Inc's Big and tall line? Products of the Fantasy Armor Inc armor have proven to offer excellent protection for players of all sizes and races. And don't worry, we at the Fantasy Armor Inc understand that some warriors may need a more covering head piece to provide maximal aesthetical effect so we have sculpted face-covering headpieces that can be customized to resemble the facial features of your favourite celebrities. Being of chaotic persuasion your warriors might for example to go for the Prince Sigvald or Lord Borak look.

Nope... That Black Orc seemed to use some crappy Funtasy Ormur Inc armour (the crappy Khemri-copy of FAINC) so he got kicked out and replaced by a new and fresh one! :D

Luiggi

Quote from: J-Reedy on March 19, 2014, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: Luiggi on March 18, 2014, 10:48:55 PM
Finally, the bad news for me (apart from the defeat) are that I'm facing Orcs with one less CW...

Don't worry, orcs will also be short of one BOB as they ran into the hard armored, hard drinking and hard hitting band of drunkards!

May I suggest that your chaos warriors switch those clumsy tin cans of them to the fine products from the Fantasy Armor Inc's Big and tall line? Products of the Fantasy Armor Inc armor have proven to offer excellent protection for players of all sizes and races. And don't worry, we at the Fantasy Armor Inc understand that some warriors may need a more covering head piece to provide maximal aesthetical effect so we have sculpted face-covering headpieces that can be customized to resemble the facial features of your favourite celebrities. Being of chaotic persuasion your warriors might for example to go for the Prince Sigvald or Lord Borak look.

Chaotic Fashion, sounds good! I'll browse your store in MD 11 :P

PS: Apparently the orcs replaced the injured BOB, they must have plenty of cash or very good breeding facilities...

tags

That was a nailbiter!

First half, I win the toss, choose to receive. Gurgeh gets a perfect defence, but it's not really an earth-shattering event. I manage to pick up the ball and form a loose cage (really need to tighten those, still too aggressive with the greenskins...). One of Gurgeh's first blocks MNG's one of my linemen, and I get that sinking feeling it's gonna be one of those games. But the rest of the half is relatively uneventful, just a slow grind towards the endzone, which I eventually reach at the last moment with one gfi. I felt pretty good about that drive, which didn't feature as much of my fumbling as is par for the course with my orc coaching. It did feel like I deserved the touchdown.

Now, the second half, I didn't deserve. Nuffle was in one of his moods, and Gurgeh was His victim. To start it off, one of the two ghouls wasn't available for lining up because of a bug. But it's not like you need ghouls for scoring, right? Right. Well, anyway, I kick off and promptly get a blitz. With my three black orcs with guard on the front lines, I'm clogging up quite a bit of his formation at this point. But he plays well, controls the ball, and makes a promising dash for his right flank. I figure that I gotta go all or nothing, since if I move carefully, the MA8 wolf will outrun me. So I go for a gfi + 1d block blitz. It only gives me a push (actually think it was stumbles+dodge, but same same), but it has the effect of me really boxing the carrier in. He has no choice but to abandon the flank and run for the other side behind the lines. Now, I figure it's pretty much the same logic as before... he has an MA8 guy with the ball, I'm out of position, if I try something half-assed, I'll concede the touchdown anyway. So I basically do a 2xGFI 1d blitz against the carrier, and lo and behold, both down (I have block, he has dodge).

From that point on, there was a lot of scrapping, ball changed hands a couple of times, a wolf almost escaped a couple of times, and the final turn would have seen Gurgeh equalize if he had made one gfi and 3+ catch of a hand-off. As it happened, we were both out of re-rolls, and the catch roll was a 1. Weirdly, the wight that handed off the ball caught the fumbling bounce right back at him, and we both thought for a moment the hand-off was successful... the wolf even ran for the endzone, which promptly caused absolutely nothing to happen.

Thanks for the game Gurgeh, it was really exciting right up until the end!

Lars

Match has happend between Wood Elfs that study wood and Goblin Pirates.

The goblins started with ball in the first half and had all secret wepons possible on the field that lead to a significant strength supperiority that lead to the death of a war dancer (the previous unhurt  :() and a goal in the gobo 8th round.
In preparation for the second half the referee had been kind and removed most of the secret wepons. This and a bit unluck from the gobos allowed the WE to score 3 times. The Gobos allmost managed to score in the 16th round after a well executed gobo throw but he faild the second GFI. The mach ended 1-3 to WE.

Thanks for a fun match and see you around

Gnaarkill

A good summary Lars!

Yea, after the secret weapons had been removed the pirates started to crumble. But the elves played good and solid. The pirates probably took one too many risky chances for their own good so instead of taking the lead the result was 3 TD's backwards for the pirates.

But! No time for hanging heads. Second TD in a row for the pirates! They are on a roll!  ;D

Almost forgot, 2 trolls also got lvl up! This is a miracle!  ;D

/Proud Captain of the Old World Pirates

hakos

Quote from: Lars on March 20, 2014, 11:12:55 PM

The goblins started with ball in the first half and had all secret wepons possible on the field that lead to a significant strength supperiority that lead to the death of a war dancer (the previous unhurt  :()

Ouch, that's not good.

/Hakos

Lars

Yhea the team is getting crippled with the 2 good players either dead or renderd more or less usless due to serious injuries is a bit saad but i knew those long ears was a weak bunch.

/Lars

tags

tags

Anybody up for validating games? Kinda curious to see what my situation is now.

Luiggi

What the hell. Murderproof kills a chainsawer and a pogoer in 2 consecutive blocks and then is sent to the morgue with a gangfoul in the second half after a snake-eyed dodge. INTENSE!

Spectating every single goblin match pays off, by far the most entertaining and CRAZY games.

Barmution

As Luiggi noted, that was one hell of a match casualty wise and antics wise. First half was dominated by me getting to do whatever I please w the poor Gobbos, but then things took a nasty turn and my Blitzer was killed by a boot to the head after failing a gfi (GFIs kills, people!). After that thing became more tight and we both had to jockey for position. Unfortunately for Muller the dice, esp. the d6 turned in my favor so I got away with a lot of really stupid Elf BS plays.

GG, Müller! You play a spectacular Goblin game, if you were only a bit luckier w block and injury dice or I've been a bit less lucky w d6 in key places this would be your match entirely. Good luck further on!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.