QUARTER-FINALS - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, November 01, 2012, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

And it's on! Here are the first round playoff matchups:

Dont forget to read the Blood Bowl Gazette with playoff speculations and interesting rumors.

J-Reedy

Howdy-ho Golden. I'll be going to movies, playing floorball and celebrating Finnish all hallow's eve and my relative's birthday this weekend so the earliest that I can play is next week. Let me know if any of the following starting times (CET) suits you, sir:
- Tuesday 16-22
- Wednesday 17-21
- Thursday 19-20

Not sure about the rest of the week yet, we'll have to look to those dates later if needed.

Barmution

Hey Luiggi, do you want to get this party started already this weekend?

I can do early (11.00-14.00) both Saturday and Sunday if any of those suit you, else we can start discussing next week.

Cheers!
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

Hi J-Reedy :)

I won't be able to make it tuesday or wednesday. Right now it seems like I will be able to play thursday, but I'll come back to you when I know.

hakos

Hello Kvasilad, even if our last late night game was quite good for me I would prefer to play during more normal hours. Any possibility that we can play this weekend? I have some things to do but I will be able to move them around in time to fit in a match whenever it suites you.

/hakos

tags

Hi Hakos, I get a chance at retaliation, too bad my team's even more in shambles now :D

Anyway, yes, I can play this weekend at least. I have a deal of stuff I need to do around town Saturday, so I'm not sure exactly when I can start. It's probably safer to set a specific time on Sunday, what about my 11:00 CET (GMT+1) for instance?

hakos

Quote from: kvasilad on November 02, 2012, 07:30:57 AM
Hi Hakos, I get a chance at retaliation, too bad my team's even more in shambles now :D

Anyway, yes, I can play this weekend at least. I have a deal of stuff I need to do around town Saturday, so I'm not sure exactly when I can start. It's probably safer to set a specific time on Sunday, what about my 11:00 CET (GMT+1) for instance?

I also got busy on saturday so this sunday 11:00 CET will be perfect.

/Hakos

Gnaarkill

Just wanted to say, good luck to every finalist!
This will be a very intresting play-off, cant wait to see who´s going to the semi-finals :)

Also wanted to say a big thanks to J-R for the intense reading in the Blood Bowl Gazette  8)

Let´s get it on!  ;D

/Gnaarkill

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on November 01, 2012, 08:06:45 PM

I can do early (11.00-14.00) both Saturday and Sunday if any of those suit you, else we can start discussing next week.

Cheers!
-Barm

Hey there, I might be able to play it on Sunday morning, I'll confirm it later tonight ;)

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on November 03, 2012, 01:56:48 PM

Cheers!
-Barm

Hey there, I might be able to play it on Sunday morning, I'll confirm it later tonight ;)
Awesome!

Just got properly nuffled by Pro Elves in another league, so I've got a score to settle ;)
-Barm
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Lars

Hi Bantha I don't have that manny open timeslots in the comming week. But it would be good if we could play our mach either on

Sunday 4/11 20:00-24:00 CET
or
Monday  5/11 19:00- 23:00 CET

/Lars

Luiggi

Quote from: Barmution on November 03, 2012, 02:28:19 PM
Quote from: Luiggi on November 03, 2012, 01:56:48 PM

Cheers!
-Barm

Awesome!

Just got properly nuffled by Pro Elves in another league, so I've got a score to settle ;)
-Barm

12.00 sounds like a good time to start, we'll see if you can settle the score with Nuffle :P.

PS: Just make sure that if you beat me, you'll win the championship :P At least I'll have the consolation of knowing I lost to the champ :P

Mr B

Quote from: Lars on November 03, 2012, 05:25:12 PM
Hi Bantha I don't have that manny open timeslots in the comming week. But it would be good if we could play our mach either on

Sunday 4/11 20:00-24:00 CET
or
Monday  5/11 19:00- 23:00 CET

/Lars
So lets try Sunday 21 then shall we?
/B

Barmution

Quote from: Luiggi on November 03, 2012, 06:16:48 PM
12.00 sounds like a good time to start, we'll see if you can settle the score with Nuffle :P.

PS: Just make sure that if you beat me, you'll win the championship :P At least I'll have the consolation of knowing I lost to the champ :P
I can promise that I'll try at least, Nuffle willing ;)

12.00 it is tomorrow then, catch you on the field!
-Barm

Luiggi

Game over for Elfy Way, the team is going straight to the trash bin. The Material Ghouls removed a player from the pitch each turn for the first 5 turns, then killed Elfy Way's star blitzer. The coach threw the towel.

With all events against me (Blitz!, High Kick, Get the Ref), plus Barmution's insane armor breaking ability (I think 5 out of his first 7 rolls were armor breaks), the game was over pretty quickly, despite a miracle play involving 4 GFI and a 4+ pass that got me an early TD.

Congrats for the win, Barm.