Match Day 8

Started by J-Reedy, August 07, 2020, 08:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tags

Sid the Cage Master had a lousy day on the pitch today, more busy roaring and raging than actually making any effort at constructive plays.

Fans were also surprised when Dino the King of Cool, usually an expert dodger, tripped over his own feet just before scoring a touchdown.

Similarly, Judy the VP, usually a steady throwing hand, missed what should've been a trivial throw.

Some say Red Pen Marker was seen at the market earlier in the week buying large amounts of cheese for some reason, although no foul play can be confirmed at this point.

Whatever the reason, some players on HHRP seemed particularly off today, and left The Bloody Sharpies in a position to steal the W.

Thanks for the match J-R, Nuffle surely put his tongue(s?) on the scales this time around!

J-Reedy

Yup, Kvasiman summed it up nicely. Honestly, I felt like both us us did nothing really dumb and played pretty decent situational game so this one was decided quite purely by the dice which felt - and as evidenced by the stats seemed to be - pretty average if not lousy overall. And so few critical snake eyes in the situations highlighted by Kvasilad ended up turning the game.

Match started with Skaven on the attack but Dark Elfs reacting first with a Blitz on kick-off. One Gutter Runner was pushed off field as a result but the Blitz ended early on a fumbled dodge. Now undermanned Skaven tried to replicate the push-off but Rat-Ogre Sid that was sent to do the job with a blitz got dropped on the first block of the said blitz and spent the next three plays wildly roaring in frustration when trying to get up. This with the early removal gave the Inky Elfies enough room to pressure the ball and finally get it out and score early. So Holmby Hills folks went at it again. This time everything went smoothly as both sides were mainly pushing each other around and so Gutter Runner dashed in from the right to score the equalizer. Nightshade Elfies had enough time for a second score but a very-unelfy passing attempt took that chance away but on the positive side (for the Unilluminated Elfs that is) Rat-Ogre is fouled out of the game with a bad hurt.

Second half, Murky Elfs officially on the attack for the first time and they advance through the middle in a cage formation. Which is broken up by a combination of guarding Blitzer and a blitzing Gutter Runner who manages to take down the ball-carrier and some lucky bounces drop the ball into the furry hands of another Gutter guy. Who dodges away and sprints away deep into Shadow Elf territory. Witch Elf follows and blitzes the Runner next to sideline and two other Ill-lit Elfs crowd the rat. Skaven try to group up and ball-carrier tries to dodge away to score. He goes down and Gloomy Elfs make a pick up, pass, handoff and a sprint from almost their own goal-line to the opposite endline to score the go-ahead. Skavens at it again for the third time, kick goes to the endzone and Thrower sprints to pick it up. Ghastly Elfs dash forward to pressure the ball but pretty agile Judy the VP just has to sprint forward and deliver a short pass to a waiting Gutter Runner who is guarded by his team-rats. Pass is fumbled, Judy is brought down and a Dire Elf takes the ball few yards away from the goal line. Gutter Runner goes for a blitz, manages to push the ball-carrier next to sideline but the carrier just makes a blitz of his own, pushes away the rat and rans in the TD.

Skaven at it fourth time, two turns to go, so the plan is to go for 1-turner and hope for a Blitz or Riot on the kickoff but the plan is no-go due to fumbled dodge needed the place a player into position for the second push. Some bashy things and a succesful practice pass follow and the game ends.

Thanks again for the game, Tagslad, pretty exciting affair until that anticlimatic pass attempt that really took the wind out of my sails. Nicely played as always, just have to hope that I get a chance for a rematch later in the post-season...

Gnaarkill

I'm telling you guys, Nuffle is up to something!
I think he has incarnated into our world on the sole purpose to destroy Norsca!

He thinks me stupid? Nooo, noo. I will show him, oh... haha! I WILL DESTROY HIM!

NapoleonBlown-apart

Hello, Lars.

Sorry I didn't communicate earlier, I've been a bit busy, but I should be free any evening this week, so let me know when you can play.

tags

Quote from: J-Reedy on September 30, 2020, 06:29:41 AM
Dark Elfs
Inky Elfies
Nightshade Elfies
Unilluminated Elfs
Murky Elfs
Shadow Elf
Ill-lit Elfs
Gloomy Elfs
Ghastly Elfs
Dire Elf

Most scrumptious use of the Thesaurus, Sir! ;D

Lars

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on September 30, 2020, 07:38:14 PM
Hello, Lars.

Sorry I didn't communicate earlier, I've been a bit busy, but I should be free any evening this week, so let me know when you can play.

I can play today Thursday at 20:00 otherwize we need to wait until Sunday at 20:00.

/Lars

NapoleonBlown-apart

Quote from: Lars on October 01, 2020, 10:10:00 AM
I can play today Thursday at 20:00 otherwize we need to wait until Sunday at 20:00.

/Lars
It turns out I can't play tonight unfortunately, but Sunday at 20:00 works so I'll see you then.

Lars

Quote from: NapoleonBlown-apart on October 01, 2020, 08:03:11 PM
Quote from: Lars on October 01, 2020, 10:10:00 AM

/Lars
It turns out I can't play tonight unfortunately, but Sunday at 20:00 works so I'll see you then.

see you sunday

/Lars

Lars

A tight match where both teams lost the half where they was receiving ending in a 1-1 ressult.

/Lars