Play offs - Quarter Finals

Started by The Golden Arrow, March 22, 2012, 10:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr B

Alright, thrursday is out, only friday left.
Lets try that then.

I can see the match already, 3 dead norse and 2-0 win for the orcs...
But lets rock, I'll try to give you yet another tight game  ;D

Cheers!
/B

Luiggi

Do you have any chance of playing this one in the morning or early afternoon (from 11.00 to 16.00 GMT +2 or so)? I guess you assumed we'd play at around 20.30 like the other times, but since you didn't specify I need to ask :D I'll have a busy afternoon and that's why I want to play it earlier (no biggie if you cannot ;)).

Mr B

Ahh, no that is not possible as I am at work during that time.

Those are the options during weekdays.
Only evenings is open to me, and as we strive to send little B to the dreaming section around 19-20 the starting schedule will be about 20:30 cest.

Cheers mate!
/B

Luiggi

No problem, I'm around. I'm expecting some visit but it should be quick, so it might at most take 2 minutes out of a turn of mine :D

Mr B

Luiggi

Game over for Orkitis, the same deal for the third match... lots of orcs face down and steel norses. AV counting for nothing means bad news for orcs, so we'll look to improve that aspect of the game for next season.

Congratulations both teams in the final.

PS: Bantha, did you upload a wrong game? There's a 3-1 match uploaded but I guess that's not it :P

Mr B

Thanks for the game Luiggi!

No, that game was our last encounter giving other admins a view of our last match if this third game would have been impossible.

New one should be there any min now, old one removed.
And finally we got 16 turns.. thanks for enduring this client!

Golden, when can you play?
This weekend is off limits for me now.
/B

The Golden Arrow

ok, whole next week will be off limits sadly. Our "spex" (no idea how to translate that into english) is putting up the shows on thursday and friday so the whole week and weekend as well will be filled up. Sunday night could work, but I'm not sure if I'm up for it mentally... The week after that all nights except tuesday should work.

Mr B

Alright, not much to do, lets plan first Monday that is available then.
Good luck with the Spex!  8)

/B

The Golden Arrow

Ok, I can play Sunday night, maybe monday and then on Thursday. How are things for you?

Mr B

Quote from: The Golden Arrow on April 22, 2012, 03:19:11 AM
Ok, I can play Sunday night, maybe monday and then on Thursday. How are things for you?
I have planed Monday for this.. Ok?
20:30ish start time?

/B

The Golden Arrow

Yeah, ok that works. Let's say 20.30 if that works for you.

This is going to be a very fun game, even though my team is a bit beat up already and I can see more beating taking place in the future :P

Barmution

So... it's been quite a while now. Anything happened yet?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

The Golden Arrow

The finals have just been played (or last night, but I was to tired to post then)...

... and we once again have elves as champions of NUL! This time its the nobler kin that got away with the win after a close game against the dragon trainers that ended in a 3-2 win for the elves with 3-0 in casualties (yeah elves are hard...).

I started out with two players less (11 to 13), but I got a whopping 250 gc in inducements, a wizard and two bloodweiser babes, which performed amasingly this game.

I started out kicking and got off a very shallow kick ending up on the line of skrimish off to the side. He surrounded the ball, but then failed the pick up leaving it in easy reach for my players (even if it was in 4 tackle zones). I thought for a while, but decided it was worth throwing a fire ball on the ball (basically first time I used the fire ball ever) and it was so worth it knocking three of the players down and killing one of his players (who failed his apo roll). I then blitzed his last guy away and got the ball and screened it in my half of the field while running a few trackers up to pull his team apart and maybe get a chance for a quick score if he messed up. He covered the trackers up, but that meant I could punch through his centre and cage up the ball in the middle of his field. He did not manage to put up very much pressure and I moved the ball up close to the end zone and then scored a turn later.

On his next drive I did not get my knocked down player back and got an extra ko early so I was down players and then played badly leaving an opening that Bantha exploited perfectly for a turn 8 TD. In my last attack I managed to injure one of his werewolves which would be very important for the next drive.

In my attack I did a normal elf attack with the thrower down the field. With an impressive string of dodges he managed to get his last werewolf to blitz the thrower however but only rolled pushes and had already used the reroll (and had needed to gfi twize so couldn't do the frenzy attack). I got the ball upfield and caged it up close to his end zone for an easy run in the turn after that.

On his drive it became somewhat of a scrum and I got to blitz his ball carrier two dice with my tackle blitzer but it was not to be. Next turn I got the chance again, but needed to do two 3+ dodges to get there and that was not to be so he scored again on his turn 14 leaving the game tied with 2 turns left. I did however manage to hurt another player leaving me with the player advantage for the last drive (yeah my injury dice where on fire...) and after a normal elf attack I could run the ball in with a catcher and win the game.

It was a very fun game even if the dice where heavily in my favor, especially in the beginning and thanks a lot to Bantha for the game :)

So to recap, the winners of this season of NUL is VIRGINS NO MORE!

Barmution

Congrats and commiserations the, respectively, to the both of you. Well fought, I'm sure. Always good to know I was beat by the champs  ;D

How are things looking for season 7, btw? Do we have enough coaches?
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.