Match day 4 - Matches

Started by J-Reedy, September 14, 2012, 09:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reedy

Quote from: Barmution on September 20, 2012, 08:42:33 PM
Thanks for the game, J-Reedy, I guess that was one of those good, old-fashioned Nufflings that hit me there!

Good luck further on, although you won't need more of it if your dice stays as classy as they were this time  ;)

-Barm

Yep, you had no chance with these dice (from BBM):
- D6: Ghouls -3,5 - Kittens +7,14
- Block dice: Ghouls 44% - Kittens 74%

Better luck in the future.

Ps. Match reports from the two previous Kittens match might follow during weekend if I find some time.

Barmution

Actually, the isolated dice stats aren't so bad (I've had a LOT worse), one of the main problems was you inflicting 11 armor breaks, of which 3 were casualties (none who regenerated) and 3 were KOs (1 recovered), while I inflicted 15 armor breaks (several with Mighty Blow), 0 casualties and 5 KOs (4 of which recovered) AND I lost more players (mainly positionals) to the Sweltering Heat. Only my Mummies saved me from being totally overwhelmed and boy, oh boy did I miss having any player left with Block during that 2. half.

So I leave a Ghoul and a Zombie short and luckily none had any SPP and I can afford replacing them... all in all, it could've been a lot worse too, so I'll just simmer down and hope things get better next match  ;D

Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

J-Reedy

Yeah, I actually came back to comment about the stats, but you beat me to it. There were some ridicilous moments with the dice, like the turn where I made 4 or 5 dodges, 5 gfis and succeeded in every block without using a reroll and then the final play of the first half: I dodged through 2 tackle zones (2/6), made another clean dodge (4/6), blitzed down the ball-carrying ghoul with pow (1/6, although the chance of success was 2/6), the ball bounced out into perfect direction (3/8), flew back to good spot and then three dodges and a pickup succeeded - all that without a reroll if I recall correctly.

Barmution

I think you just pinpointed the exact moment I went from "I can still do this" to "Maybe I can salvage the draw"  ;D
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Luiggi

Ok, hakos, sorry for taking so long to answer, I've been quite busy. I have visit the weekend as well (hmpf, I just learnt about it yesterday) but I'll try to sneak away for two hours. Sunday afternoon/evening (18.00 to 22.30 gmt+2) seems to be my best option, I hope you can make it.

If that doesn't work we could try Saturday evening (22.00 to 23.00), though I prefer Sunday.

hakos

Quote from: Luiggi on September 21, 2012, 12:41:06 PM
Ok, hakos, sorry for taking so long to answer, I've been quite busy. I have visit the weekend as well (hmpf, I just learnt about it yesterday) but I'll try to sneak away for two hours. Sunday afternoon/evening (18.00 to 22.30 gmt+2) seems to be my best option, I hope you can make it.

If that doesn't work we could try Saturday evening (22.00 to 23.00), though I prefer Sunday.

Those times are not that good for me. It would mean to start in the middle of the night (your 18:00 starting time on sunday would mean to start at midnight for me). I currently live in Shanghai.

Do you have any possibility to start earlier? It would be much appreciated.

If we must play during my night it must be on saturday. Then I can sleep on sunday. If we play on sunday I would be too tired at work on monday.

/hakos

Luiggi

All right, I didn't know you were in that timezone. I can try to be there on sunday morning (11.00 gmt+2) or after lunch (15.30). However, I need to wait for confirmation tonight.

hakos

Ok, those times would be great, thanks, it would be good to know the exact time when I wake up tomorrow so I know how much time I can spend sightseeing during the day.

Luiggi

15.30 GMT+2 is good. I'll see you on the pitch.

hakos

Quote from: Luiggi on September 22, 2012, 07:34:57 PM
15.30 GMT+2 is good. I'll see you on the pitch.

Perfect, see you then

/Hakos

Luiggi

Hey there, I got held up and I'm still finishing lunch, I'll be 5 to 15 minutes late. Sorry!

hakos

Ok, I just logged in, will wait for you

hakos

I still have internet connection...

Luiggi

Well, that disconnection was a close call... fortunately we could still play. 2-1 for the elves.

We could summarize this game: Jordell Freshbreeze wins it by himself. He just could not be knocked down despite tenths of dice rolled against him, and he leaped and knocked the ball carrier tons of times. Good game, Hakos.

hakos

Agree, good game Luiggi, quite even.

And Jordell definitely lived up to his STAR status. I think he managed to leap into my cage and knock the ball loose 5 out of 5 times. Also, in 9 attempts to knock him down, I never did. Too bad both my tackle guys were in the hospital already before the match, I could have used them this match...

Block, Dodge, Leap, Sidestep, AG 5...what a nightmare...

Also, I'm quite happy too see that my internet worked the entire match, this means I should be able to play most of my matches, which I feared for.